Sign in to follow this  
renkim

Consults booked. Excited & Nervous! Now where was that thread with the questions?

Hi Girls,

Today after a few days of intensive stalking/reading on here I've booked my consultations.

Dr Richardson Sat 27th Oct and Dr Harwood Tue 6th Nov.

I saw a thread yesterday that had a list of questions to ask (I think whoever posted it said it was from Cbrini? - sorry if that's wrong) I couldn't save it because I was on my phone at the time, so if anyone knows and can link it I'd really appreciate it!

To introduce myself a bit I'm turning 31 in 2 weeks, currently a deflated 10B/C due to weightloss. Aim is 10D/DD.

Gotten a bit confused with the different shapes, sizes, positioning etc so for now I'm going to leave it and see what is recommended before I educate myself anymore on those so I don't end up thinking I want/need something that is totally unsuitable for me.

For now I guess I'll have to just keep looking at pictures :cool:. I'm kind of set on Dr Harwood already based on the reviews on here but am getting a 2nd opinion as well just in case. I've heard mixed reviews on the PS though so I'll see how I go.

Would love to get in before Christmas as I already have 2 weeks leave booked but also don't want to be completely laid/drugged up for Christmas day. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it would take to be able to move around/drug free? If I can get in early/mid Dec I might see if I can work from home so I can keep ice etc on them (just admin job - no lifting)

I'm sure there will be lots more questions after my consults, but hopefully I'll have a date to share with everyone too :D

Thanks in advance,

Ren

Hi Ren! I'm booked in to see Dr Harwood on Tuesday the 6th too :D I'm also hoping for an early/mid Dec BA so I'll definitely be following this thread and picking up on all the advice the lovely girls here have to offer :)

Hi Ren, I think the biggest piece of advice anyone can give you is go in with an idea of what look you want. That way the Dr can tell you what type, shape and size implants you will need to achieve that look :-) I think after a week you will be pretty mobile but probably won't be ready to drive or do anything too physical. I had a consult with Dr Harwood and thought he was lovely but had my surgery with Dr Richardson 5 weeks ago and I'm really happy so far with his work. Good luck, hope you find everything you need!

What time is your appt Becca? We can be boobie sisters if everything lines up!

Thanks Mumof4, so should I print and take pictures of what I'd like with me? I catch a bus to work so don't need to drive, just a bit worried I'll get drained doing a full day plus the travel each way. Don't want to let work know what's happening exactly but don't have a lot of leave booked. Great that you are happy with Dr Richardson! He seems to have the most positive reviews out of any of the Brissie surgeons but not many 'stories' like Dr Harwood's girls! I've sent you a friend request. Hope that's ok :)

The next 3 weeks are going to crawl!

Renkim - good memory I did post a list somewhere on the forum didnt I, I can't seem to find it though and I know the original copy is on my computer at work!!! If you want to wait till next thursday I will shoot you a copy but honestly in my consult I took it in and hardly asked any. The main things you want to know are overs/under, textured/smooth, and size. These are what you need a professional opinion on, you will go over these things anyway. Other than that I asked things like resuming exercise, scars (when can i go to the beach etc), how long till you can wear wire bras etc, medications. I think one important thing to ask is if something goes wrong what happens who is liable etc. But honestly, my surgeon gave me a 'surgery pack' and it outlines almost everything in detail and then when I have a question I email the office!

mybodybliss posted this awhile ago and I got a few of the questions from here: http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1969-B-A-Consult-wednesday-what-to-ask-!&highlight=questions+list

In regards to work it depends. I have a desk job and I have taken a week off which my surgeon said will be fine however I may feel really tired doing a whole days work so if I can leave early it might be ideal. If you get them say on your frist day of leave then give yourself another 13 days to recover I think you'll be fine!

Oh and seriously....3 weeks will FLY it feels like yesterday I was 3 months pre op.......I am so close now! x

Good luck with your consults renkim! They're both great doctors - I'm stoked with Dr H and my good friend raves to everyone about Dr Richardson, so either way you're in safe hands..

I was completely drug-free day 4. Just had a hot shower whenever I felt a bit tight. However it took about two weeks before I felt I was back to normal - in the first week or so, you get so exhausted doing everyday things.

Let us know how your consults go and what your recommendations are xx

Thanks cbrni I'll add a couple of those to my list. If you could send me that list when you are work that would be great!

JenJen sent you a FR hope that's ok. Thanks for those guidelines, Might be better if I can get a mid Dec and work something out with work about unpaid leave or working from home.... Don't want to be a vegetable on Christmas day!

Another question... How soon could you shower? I read about someone who couldn't until their week PO appt?

I'm a planner so waiting and not knowing when I'll be able to get it done is stressing me!

Will post about my consults once they are done and cross my fingers timing line up.

My appt is 11:30 :) Definitely agree that the next few weeks are going to drag...I can't wait to really get the ball rolling! Hopefully Dr H is just as lovely and professional as I've heard!

Im at 8:30 Becca. Then I'll have to make my decision quickly to get the ball rolling. My boyfriend is coming with me to help me decide on size and so he feels comfortable with the man who's cutting me open!

I'm sure having your bf there will be really reassuring and great for support Ren :) My mum is coming with me since she's loaning me half the money for it (I'm 20 and a full-time uni student) and she wants to be sure that it'll be worth it/that she's comfortable with the surgeon and that I'm going into this fully informed etc. My dad actually knows a couple of PS's in Bris since he's a doctor, but it would be waayyyy too awkward for me to get it done by any of them, obviously :p So I've promised him I'll find someone really good! Hoping Dr H fits the bill :)

Here is a list of questions you can ask your doctor, I took it from breastimplants4you.com as my reference, it might be useful for you too. http://www.breastimplants4you.com/breast_augmentation_questions_print.htm. Here is an pre.op check list: http://www.breastimplants4you.com/bapreoplist_print.htm. This is an pre. op shopping list: http://www.breastimplants4you.com/preopshoplist_print.htm

Thanks Ace80. Will go through the lists tonight and merge them into one of stuff that I don't already know/hasn't already been answered by Dr Harwoods frequently asked questions info that was sent to me!

I think taking a pic in is a good idea although I didn't. I just explained what I wanted and we went from there. Dr Richardson has quite a number of implants there that you can try on the get size ideas. He also showed me photos of other patients. I was also given a folder with info sheets in it explaining everything. I started driving at the week 2 mark bit was still a bit uncomfortable with the seatbelt. You do get quite tired easily for the first week. Its frustrating not being able to do everything but the more you rest the better it will be. The time will fly!! I can't believe its been over 5 weeks already for me :-)

Good idea thanks Cbrni.

Thanks Mumof4. Will have to see what I dates I can get, might take a week unpaid then go on holidays. Means I have to be totally organised for Christmas shopping before then!

Tentative booking with Dr Harwood on the 20th!

I emailed asking about the last week before Christmas to minimize the amount of leave I have to take so I don't have to tell work and there was only one spot left so I snapped it up! Little concerned that I'll be to drugged up/sore to enjoy Christmas so thinking I should ask for unpaid leave and try for earlier. I have 4 issues with being so close to Christmas but a change in dates just swaps the pros/cons list :(

Hi Ren - that's exciting that you've made a booking! I rang up this morning and got a tentative booking for the 6th of December, and I think they said that there were a few spots left just a bit later than that. So they should have something a bit earlier for you if you do decide to switch :)

Hey ren, just an idea.. Could you split up your unpaid leave with paid leave and take an extra week off so you are still getting paid even if its not the full weekly amount?

Hey Blonde - just wondering how much Dr Richardson is charging for yours? I understand that he charges on a patient-by-patient basis but it would be great to have an idea of his price for comparison :)

I rang yesterday and changed my tentative surgery date to the 7th thinking I could arrange to work from home, now something was said today that I don't think I'll be able to. Have to wait until Monday and ring and change it back and hope like hell it hasn't been given away. If I can't get it done before Christmas I'll have to wait until March until I've built up some more annual leave

I'm stressing. :(