Sign in to follow this  
DGKelly

BA with Dr. Harwood or Dr. Szalay??

HI, anyone had a BA with either Harwood or Szalay?

I have a consult with both of them mid November and hopefully my surgery will be booked early December.

I am looking at brazilian tear drops, 300/315CC

Any info would be great :)

Thanks Ladies!! :):o

Hi DGKelly :)

I had my BA with Dr Harwood three weeks ago and highly recommend him and his staff. Couldn't fault them :) I got Brazilian Tear Drops - 315cc HP Silimed "Natural" style - the recovery was a breeze.

Definitely go to both consults - it's nice to have a few opinions, though I do know that Dr Szalay does tend to go a little larger than other surgeons..

Good luck and let us know how you go xx

Hi DGKelly,

I'm booked in for consults with Dr Harwood and Dr Richardson at the end of the month/early November. Also hoping to be done in December.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Hi Renkim,

I have a phone consult with Dr. Harwood next Thursday (currently backpacking through Asia) and a consult with Dr. Szalay & again Dr. Harwood on the 20/11 when i return from travelling.

At this stage, I am leaning more towards Harwood as he recommends using brazilians implants and a lot of the girls like JenJen recommend him and his staff highly.

JenJen - i am looking at similar implants but at 300CC, its great to hear that your BA has gone well.

if i do go with Harwood, he can fit my surgery in on the 26/11 ---- Boobs for christmas!!! :)

Im booked in with Dr Harwood on 27 Nov.. and already so happy to have found him! what an amazing honest surgeon! ... i had a consultation booked with Dr Szalay a week later and cancelled a day after seeing Dr Harwood :)

Getting two opinions is always a great idea, but my mind was deffinatly already made up!

Good luck!

I agree that Dr Szalay is thorough and a perfectionist. Dr Harwood is certainly pleasant but not medically thorough enough for me. I have had consults with both of them and have booked for 4th December with Dr Szalay. Although I was after brazilians, which Dr Harwood prefers, Dr Szalay found that they would not be the safest option for me dues to previously having mastitis (this increases my chances of infections around the implant) so I'm going Szalay all the way.

Some girls have commented that he isn't as friendly as Dr Harwood, but I am after a good Doctor not a friend. I also found it odd that loads of Dr Harwood's girls were having consults and being suggested the 315 HP Brazilian.

Good luck with your decision!

Hey I'm new to this forum and are still working out what Dr I'm using or even if I'm having them done in Aust!! I have spoke with Peggy at Dr Harwoods office she was great, you say Dr Szalay is a perfectionist?. Is he in Brisbane too? How much does he charge? Does he do GA or Twilight? Sorry for so any questions!!

Hey Roxy Roo! Dr Szalay uses twilight sedation, is located in Spring Hill in Brisbane and generally costs ~8500 for implants, depending on the type etc. I've heard lots of great things about his work (although apparently his bedside manner isn't the greatest) and he was definitely high up on my list of potential surgeons :) Good luck making the right decision sweetie xx

Does Dr Szalay ever use GA? I'm very wary of twilight sedation.

I'm booking consults with both in the coming months, still not sure. I have heard great things about both.

Dr Szalay does use GA as well -it depends what you're comfortable with and also how complicated the procedure is.

Lots of happy Szalay and Harwood girls on here, so I guess you should see both and go with your gut instinct. Everyone will want something different with their doctor and you'll know when you have the right one :)

I have a phone consult with Dr Harwood tomorrow night and the nurse said he has operation times in Jan if I wanted one

I have a very long list of questions and have already sent all my photos to him

Im really excited although I do have 2 more appts with different Drs so will see what happenes and Im in Melbourne so would have to fly up and have a holiday : )

Just wondering if any of you Harwood ladies are around the same build as me Im 168/cm 57kg and Im a Small B cup maybe!!!

Hi Roxy Roo! I am 172cm and 58kgs. Started off with an a-cup and am now a d-cup. I went through Dr Harwood in Brisbane - feel free to send a FR :) Good luck with all of your consults! What size are you hoping for post-op? Keep us posted! X

Hi BreastsToBe

I want a large C cup or a D cup

How did you go flying the day after your operation?

Im in Melbourne so its a 2hr 20min flight than a 1hr car trip home

I just read your BA story it sounds great will send you FR

Thanks Any advice?

Hi BreastsToBe

I want a large C cup or a D cup

How did you go flying the day after your operation?

Im in Melbourne so its a 2hr 20min flight than a 1hr car trip home

I just read your BA story it sounds great will send you FR

Thanks Any advice?

Hi RoxyRoo, have accepted your FR :) I was totally fine flying out the next day - the plane trip was about 1.5 hours and car trip was 40 mins. If you are travelling though, make sure you have someone to handle your suitcase for you. I had my partner with me so he carried all the heavy stuff and even my handbag if that got too much for me :)

My best advice for recovery (wherever you are) is to have loads of pillows! Lol. I put them all around me so I stayed still while sleeping and could prop myself up into a slightly upright position while sleeping - I found this helped with the dreaded 'morning boob' :D

Dr Harwood! No question about it. I had my consultation today with him and I am already booking my surgery for 2 weeks time! I was so convinced that he was the surgeon that I have cancelled other consults. He is very thorough, knows EXACTLY what I wanted, and he even described what I wanted perfectly, before I even said a thing. He's very honest, he is a pro you can just tell.

Dr Harwood! No question about it. I had my consultation today with him and I am already booking my surgery for 2 weeks time! I was so convinced that he was the surgeon that I have cancelled other consults. He is very thorough, knows EXACTLY what I wanted, and he even described what I wanted perfectly, before I even said a thing. He's very honest, he is a pro you can just tell.

Wow 2 weeks thats quick If I go ahead with him it wont be until mid Jan

Did you take photos to show him?

Hi RoxyRoo, have accepted your FR :) I was totally fine flying out the next day - the plane trip was about 1.5 hours and car trip was 40 mins. If you are travelling though, make sure you have someone to handle your suitcase for you. I had my partner with me so he carried all the heavy stuff and even my handbag if that got too much for me :)

That's great to know BreastsToBe. I'm flying to Brissy for my surgery, too (1.5hr flight as well) and had booked to return 2 days after. I was starting to get really anxious about it being too soon after the surgery so ended up changing my bookings to stay an extra day. A friend who had a BA suggested it might be a good idea as my flight was 8 or 9 in the morning so had to be up pretty early and it was hard to predict how the meds would affect me. She flew home 2 days after with no problems but it was a lunch time flight. I feel so much better staying the extra night. I'm still on the same flight time next day but the extra recovery day should help. Also means one less day of feeling guilty about not doing housework.

Roxy Roo, I think the advice about meds in the morning is good. If you're going to fly home the next day, don't book an early flight. Give yourself some time to leisurely wake up and time your meds so they kick in for the flight.

I had my surgery with dr Szalay just over 5 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with my result, I thought my size would be too big but they suit my frame perfectly and soooo glad I didn't go smaller. A genius!!!!

That's great to know BreastsToBe. I'm flying to Brissy for my surgery, too (1.5hr flight as well) and had booked to return 2 days after. I was starting to get really anxious about it being too soon after the surgery so ended up changing my bookings to stay an extra day. A friend who had a BA suggested it might be a good idea as my flight was 8 or 9 in the morning so had to be up pretty early and it was hard to predict how the meds would affect me. She flew home 2 days after with no problems but it was a lunch time flight. I feel so much better staying the extra night. I'm still on the same flight time next day but the extra recovery day should help. Also means one less day of feeling guilty about not doing housework.

Roxy Roo, I think the advice about meds in the morning is good. If you're going to fly home the next day, don't book an early flight. Give yourself some time to leisurely wake up and time your meds so they kick in for the flight.

Thanks I have my phone consult in half an hour with Dr Harwood Im really nervous I dont even know why!!! I have a list a mile long of questions I hope hes ready for them, I will also make sure I book a lunch time flight

Peggy said they have heaps of ladies that fly in and fly out for boobs!!!