Natrelle textured Implants being stopped in Australia?

Hello, I haven't been on here for a while but I just saw in the news that the textured implants I had put in a few years ago (Natrelle 410) are possibly being stopped in Australia due to links to cancer.  Mine are anatomical textured ones made by Allergan called 'Natrelle'.    I think they are also referred to as Natrelle Tru Form 3.  See link to article by TGA below:

https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/breast-implants-and-anaplastic-large-cell-lymphoma

Has anyone else seen this on the news and have these types of implants?   I've been having a few issues in the last few years and want to get mine removed.  Does anyone please have any recommendations for good surgeons who are experienced with removal of these implants?     I would appreciate some recommendations from the lovely ladies on here. 

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, joyfulgirl99 said:

Hello, I haven't been on here for a while but I just saw in the news that the textured implants I had put in a few years ago (Natrelle 410) are possibly being stopped in Australia due to links to cancer.  Mine are anatomical textured ones made by Allergan called 'Natrelle'.    I think they are also referred to as Natrelle Tru Form 3.  See link to article by TGA below:

https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/breast-implants-and-anaplastic-large-cell-lymphoma

Has anyone else seen this on the news and have these types of implants?   I've been having a few issues in the last few years and want to get mine removed.  Does anyone please have any recommendations for good surgeons who are experienced with removal of these implants?     I would appreciate some recommendations from the lovely ladies on here. 

Thank you so much.

Hey @joyfulgirl99 I saw that article and the TGA update as well. Allergan was banned in Europe a few months ago and Australia has now caught up. I don't have Allergan, I have Mentor, but I see the TGA has most textured brands on the possible ban list. 

The main thing is that if you do not have symptoms of ALCL - then removal is not necessary. We all need to monitor our breast health and be on the alert for any changes. It is one of the most treatable cancers if detected early. Having implants means we all have to be more vigilant.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with yours. Can you not go back to your original surgeon? Also, where are you located, we can't recommend a surgeon without knowing where you are. There is a forum for explant that you can search for reputable surgeons.

Good luck and best wishes xo

• 2 weeks later...

I had my implants and capsule removed by Professor Mark Ashton. He was great and I was lucky that most of my costs where covered by my Private health insurance as I had late onset seroma (suspected ALCL) and they had to come out for a time.

Its been two years since explant and I will be seeing Dr Tavakoli for my next augmentation as I hate the way my breast look naked and I personally think he does an incredible mini boob job which im hoping to achieve