Sign in to follow this  
Mumto2

BA and young children

Just wondering if anyone has had a BA or lift with children/babies as young as 3months and how they went with there recovery?

My daughters only 14wks so not very heavy, im hoping to be able to be back dealing with her needs after about 5 days, do you think its unrealistic?

I would think you need at the very least 2 weeks. My youngest is 2 and is between nappies and toilet training, I still found it hard to change his nappy 3 weeks post op.

I didn't know you could have a BA so soon after having a baby with all the breast changes and chemicals within the body still happening. I have heard that most surgeons don't like to operate for a minimum of 6 months but usually 12 months after breast feeding stops or baby was born if not breast feeding at all.

Ive lost all my weight plus some since giving birth and was unable to breast feed this time, but all my milk coming in still did the job ruining my boobs even more than when i had my son! Lol. My ps is happy that my breasts have stopped changing shape and i cant really loose much more weight (if any) from them! He seems to think id be okay a few days post op to deal with her

For me personally and I have heard some others also say the same, day 5 post op tends to be when you start feeling much better. Anything before that I think would be too hard and I would say you really need 1 week to recover before being able to look after your baby on your own. Are you able to have help for a week?

My husband is going to be able to have a few days off work to help (plus over the weekend will make 5 days) I was just a little nervous as to how i will go after those 5 days because i have an almost 4yr old too, But I think i migh have to get mum on standby if im still not feeling upto it!

Hey:) I have 3 + 1 stepson and their ages are 3, 4, 7, 10. I'm 8days post op today and have only in the last 2 days been able to bend down to give my lil ones (3&4) a cuddle in their low beds at sleep time and am only since day 6 been able to get slightly heavier things out of the pantry like cordial bottles to get the kids a drink or dog food to feed the pup etc. your arms are extremely tired and weak after a BA and I don't know what I would've done without my partner home for the first 2 weeks! I went under the muscle so it is a little more tense but I was advised not to even stack the dishwasher or make beds for the first 3 weeks. I just came across this and thought I'd share:) hope this helps.. It important to take care of urself, you're mum on hand would b a big help to you x

Thanks this was a huge help. Im getting my ba on 29 october and have 3 kids, youngest being 2 so I was worried about how I was going to deal with him picking him up and all. You have given me something to think about and I will be letting hubby know I need more helo that 1st week than initially thought.

If you dont mind me asking what size did you go?

No worries! happy to have helped:)

My stats are almost identical to yours. 157cm and 53kg pre op 8a/10b.. went 375cc, round, textured silicone unders and am currently 8/10DD :)

Just saw your pics and they look fantastic you must be so happy. I've been trying to decide between 300 and 360's and I am definately going the 360's. Yours look perfect for your body and my ps is also using the round, silicone but I think he said smooth. Im calling him tomorrow so double check all details. So many things going on in my head..:confused:

Happy recovery :)

Honestly I really doubt that you will be able to look after your baby properly within that time frame. I was struggling to lift the 3 litre bottle of milk from the fridge!

If you can I would push the op back atleast a month. Your baby is the most important thing right now and you won't be able to fulfill her needs properly so soon after. Think of the cuddles she needs, even the picking up for nappy changes and feeding.

Good luck with it all.

I had my BA when my youngest was 15monthd old and I could lift him for about 4 weeks likely I had the older children at home to help when hubby was at work. I couldn't even lift pits or pans with food in then. A BA effects your whole upper body it's hard work with little ones and just every day simple house work tasks. Good luck!