Sign in to follow this  
Roxxy11

My Bangkok Lipo experience

Hi there, reading peoples threads on their personal experience with Liposuction helped me alot so hopefully my experience put someone else at ease :)

Yesterday morning I had vaser lipo of my abdomen, hips, inner, outer thighs as well as inside of knees with Dr Suchart. I had my consultation and tests with him the day prior and I was amazed at how I was rushed through every department and didnt have to wait around for longer than 5 minutes. Bangkok Hospital (bangkok) is pretty impressive and ultra modern. It is very clean and the thai nurses are very friendly and caring. I would absolutely reccomend Dr Suchart. He speaks very good english, he is very warm and professional and was able to clearly answer all of my questions.

Once I was in the pre-surgery room with my saline drip I was wheeled into the OR and was in there for a good 15 mins watching everyone before I went under. It was interesting to watch them prepare and set my mind at ease. I arrived back at my room early afternoon and the nurses gave me IV antibiotics and painkillers. By that evening I was able to disconnect the drip battery and go to the toilet myself. It only really hurts when I move around.

It is now day two and Ive been discharged. Im feeling good, so good that I walked home (slowly) to my hotel nearby. Im now taking my painkillers every 6-7 hrs, instead of every 4 hrs. I am very swollen and Im tender, but Im feeling good. The nurses are amazed at my lack of bruising, I have one small bruise on the inside of my knee.

If I were to give someone advice of what would help with lipo recovery: 1.) be physically fit- I imagine it would be three times as hard to get up/down if you were unfit or weak. 2.) Take Arnica prior to and after surgery. Since I came out of recovery Ive been alternating on the hr Homeoppathic Calendar 30c with Arnica 30c. 3.) make sure you eat light and clean, drink plenty of water.

I will try to update anyone who's interested in the next few days :)

Ok so its day 4 and I've just arrived back home from what felt like the longest flight ever! Yesterday I had my follow up consult andeverything is going well. I went shopping later that day but got tired pretty quickly and my privates started to really swell up. I have two more bruises that have turned up on each thigh, but apart from that its the swelling & tight sensation that is the most uncomfortable. Morning is usually the worst pain, I find that I have to walk hunched over for a while until I warm up, otherwise I feel pain. Even still I've felt much worse pain :) although I don't want to give the impression that its a breeze

Ab1990 I know there has only been one thread in detail about lipo in Thailand that I could find so that's why I have decided to share my experience. From what I experienced at Bangkok hospital is a very clean modern luxurious hospital, far superior to the private hospitals I have been to for my previous two operations in Australia. The staff were wonderful and there was little or no waiting time for tests or consults and they were all in one place for convenience. On that note I actually found that in Thailand they give you a chest xray as part of screening and put you on saline drip prior to surgery, which I never experienced here. And lastly, I cannot give enough praise to Dr suchart for his professionalism, skill and gentle manner. If you have any questions feel free to pm me :)

Hi Roxxy11, Ive always wondered about Lipo, how much fat did they remove? and can you see a difference straight away, I went for a consult last year for Lipo in Adelaide and was quoted $5500 for upper and lower abdomen but was told I had to be tested to see if I had a hernia or diastsis recti, which the test showed I have diastsis recti so was told I couldnt have Lipo!!! Do you have any before and after photos, Im waiting for my tummy tuck so Im hoping that will fix my body, wishing you a very speedy recovery, I will send you a FR if that ok :)

Thanks JulieAnn :)

Hmmm well I'm not sure what diastsis recti is, but it doesn't sound nice! lol. I've had quite a few areas worked on but I can definetly see a difference, although I'm very swollen. I only got 2.4L removed as I really needed to smooth my shillohette and stubborn fat deposits rather than weight loss. I think I read somewhere that the most they can remove at one time safely is 5L, but I'm unsure if thats correct. Interestingly I weigh 3 kg more post op than pre op! I presume thats due to the swelling.

This morning my compression garment is driving me crazy and I hate going to the toilet with it on! My insiscions are now itchy which is a good sign. They are only about 0.5cm each and the ones behind my knees are pretty much healed. I do get to have my first shower today (which I'm excited about!) so I can also take the bandages off each insiscion on my body so I will be able to see what they look like.

Not to sure if anyone is interested but I'll continue to update on my recovery...

So its day 5 post OP and I am not so much in pain as I am feeling intense tightness. I am just taking one painkiller in the morning and as long as I don't over do it during the day there is no need for anymore. My lower back is numb and I am still very swollen all over. I have noticed a few lumps, which I am able to start massaging next week. I am now showering, which has never felt so good! I've taken the strips off my incisions and they are do tiny & seem to be healing nicely.

I'm still taking arnica 30c & calendula 30c but now only four times a day as well as rubbing arnica cream all over 3x a day. Also I've been researching allot of self manual lymphatic drainage massage and have been doing that countless times a day since I came out of recovery and if recommend that to anyone of any surgery :)

Today is day 9 post OP. I returned to work a few days ago and all is well. My job can be quite physical at times and I tend to swell when I'm walking around allot. For example today I was walking around in the heat for most of the morning and I became so swollen my pants almost didn't fit! I will try to rest more lol. Apart from that all is good with my recovery. the only pain I have is my lower back due to swelling. I can sleep on one of my sides now. My garment is driving me insane n I'm incredibly itchy :) :)

Hi roxxy

Thanks for posting your story so far. I am thinking of going to Thailand for a tummy tuck and lipo next year, once I loose a little more weight. It's hard to find Thailand stories that aren't BA so it's been great reading yours.

Jewelz

Thanks so much for posting your recovery, this is great information. Do you have children? I have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 19 month old, and am just wondering how I will go picking them up and playing with them? I am also a PE teacher, so not sure how long I will need to take off after?

Thanks for your words of encouragement ladies :) :) I am happy to answer any question

Hmmm that's a pickle Molly. I would suggest getting someone to help like a family member in the first week most definitely a you won't be able to pick up your babies. Otherwise depending on your fitness levels get someone else to pick them up n pass them to you or sit down n let your babies climb up to you. Otherwise, bend at the knees in lunge or squat, keep your head up and spine straight, keep load or baby close to your body and use the power of your legs to get up. But keep in mind I haven't had a tummy tuck & don't know what to expect with that!

My job is also very physical & even though I have tried to modify my working days I still am doing allot but trying to balance my time off with plenty of rest do my body can recover. I don't have children so I guess resting after work is easy for me, but for those who are mums I definitely would suggest some help xx

Hey Roxxy :) I'm really interested in your journey. I went to Bangkok and had a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift in May, I had lipo too, but only a little I think, not nearly as much as I want, I'd like to have my thighs done, I wasn't sure if it really makes a difference tho? Can you see a big difference? I had a bit of lipo at my arm pit area when I had my boobs done, and it was really painful and bruised afterwards, but to be honest I don't really see any difference now, perhaps there is one, I don't know? Can you notice it on yourself? are you going to put up before and after photos or anything? I'd be really interested to see if you were going to. Have your measurements changed?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you mousey :) I wanted lipo to smooth out my silhouette as there were pockets of stubborn awful nasty horrible fat that just wouldn't budge no matter what I did! It is still only early days (day 10) and I am very very swollen to about to the size I initially was (in most areas) but my shape has changed even with the swelling. I will keep you updated though as the swelling decreases.I can see changes and I am happy :)

I'm not sure about posting my pic however I may consider pm before and after pics to some in Weeks to come :)

Btw, is your avatar pic you? If so, then your surgeon has done amazing work!!

Yes My avatar is me, but it was me 5 years ago before I had children! I have befores and afters in my album on my profile here (set to friends only) you don't have to make your pictures public on this site, you can have it as friends only, so no one can see them except who you have added as a friend. I think my surgeon has returned me to as close to my prechildren body as I will ever get. I am super happy with the results!

I am really glad to know about your story.... but liposuction in Dubai becomes top cosmetic surgery procedure. Well if you want to do a liposuction do not miss to visit Cosmetic Surgery in Dubai located Al Wasl Rd, Umm Seqiem, Al Manara Area

you will really impressed by their excellent services.

REPORTED. How is your recovery going now Roxy? I also would be interested in seeing photos if you were going to post any online

Hmmm do people advertise on these forums?! Lol

Thanks ab1990, when I get to my computer I might download some pics (if I can figure it out and set them to private). I've been using my phone hence the bad spelling Lol.

The last day or two I have very minimal pain only when I move in certain ways. I am not taking any painkillers, just an anti inflammatory in the morning. The swelling has also decreased a bit which I notice most in my lower back. I can't help myself but I have done a little bit of exercise yesterday no cardio but just pilates and all was good :) I felt no pain and felt so much better afterwards :)

For those who are interested I have put up a before and after pic :)

It's day 13 and I feel back to normal (except wearing a garment!). I did some more pilates this morning and was able to go back to doing some more difficult moves and they didnt hurt or feel like they were pulling. I haven't yet tried to do stretches, which I'm just dying to get back into!! I'm still only sligthly swollen of my lower abs, privates, thighs and knees (i guess its gravity). My inscisions are barely noticeable and the few bruises I have are almost gone. Today has been the first day I have not taken any anti-inflammatories or panadol, as I only feel a bruised sensation when I press on certain areas. Overall, I feel good but will feel better when I can start to exercise properly again :)

Wow, your pics look amazing!! I hope mine turns out as good as yours. I have not read anything on Dr P and lipo so I am a little nervous, but Rachel said he's really good? Just looking at your pics makes me so excited!!

Have you tried posting on this forum to see if anyone has had anything other than BA with him? Apologies if you already have :)

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm feeling good and knowing that I'm still slightly swollen makes me feel better :)

Roxxy, I've just read about your journey. It sounds like everything went well and I'm pleased you've healed nicely. I'm considering lipo on my arms in Thailand (where I'll be getting rhino and a neck lift as well), so I'd really like to see pics of your progress. I'll send you a friend request, if that's OK.

Thanks for posting about your experience, it's been helpful to me.