Sign in to follow this  
Ree1990

Freaking out!!

So I'm booked in for a BA in 6days and I'm so bloody nervous.. I know I'm supposed to be a bit nervous but I've never had any form of surgery or even stitches! Is it really that bad? I have a pretty high pain tolarence but it's the whole thought of it that's stressing me out all this can't move your arms? Coming out of surgery! Oh god I feel sick just thinking about it ha ha, think I need just a tad of reassurance that it's not that bad and totally worth itxx

Head over and have a read of my experience if you like - http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3882-Lozz-s-Boobs-My-story-%29

or quite a number of other girls who have detailed accounts of their recoveries.

it is normal to be nervous, but recovery is more discomfort than pain! i could pretty much lift my arm right above my head straight out of surgery as long as i was careful, didnt make any really sudden movements and went with what felt right for my body. it is like having pulled a muscle ... you just dont want to use it too much more than you have too. you are also given lots of meds to deal with any discomfort or pain that you do have!!!!

I am a week Post op and i am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY and it was so so worth it!!!

the nerves are a part of the process but just think ... in 6 days you will have what you have always wanted!!

xx

Dont stress to much :) I expected major pain and stressed out, all for nothing!!! When I woke from the op I felt a bit of pain but was given something good to fix that and then when I woke again I mainly felt a tightness in my chest. I could move my arms, was even putting tops over my head (carefully) on day 2 and was out shopping on day 3. The worst pain I experienced was my back aching from having to sleep in a different position and being stiff in the mornings.

Try and enjoy the journey, I really didnt experience any of the "agony" I was expecting lol..

So I'm booked in for a BA in 6days and I'm so bloody nervous.. I know I'm supposed to be a bit nervous but I've never had any form of surgery or even stitches! Is it really that bad? I have a pretty high pain tolarence but it's the whole thought of it that's stressing me out all this can't move your arms? Coming out of surgery! Oh god I feel sick just thinking about it ha ha, think I need just a tad of reassurance that it's not that bad and totally worth itxx

Ok - no, it's really not that bad (that's what pain killers were invented for ;) ) & omg TOTALLY worth it!!!!

Totally normal to be nervous!! I never had any surgery/stitches before either!

I could never not move my arms or anything like that, just that you won't have any strength in your arms so won't be able to do things like push yourself up & open jars etc lol Are you going under the muscle?

Just try not to over think the whole process...

:)

Ok phew!! Starting to feel heaps better, so many people like to tell you how bad it's going to be (always the ones who have never had a BA) lol, feel better hearing it from girls who have been there :) yes, under the muscle, guess I need to stop over thinking and get excited!! X

Ree, normal to stress hun but you are in great hands. Dr Lim and his team are lovely! Where are you having it done at? The whole thing runs like a well oiled machine. As for afterwards everyone is different. While I was quiet ill and sore after theatre the lady next to me, who was done after me, was up and moving around, doing everything for herself. So it really is an individual thing.

2 weeks on and I am feeling heaps better. I took it slowly for the first week though and tried to rest as much as possible. Listen to your body, it will tell you if your doing too much.

I work on expect the worse and be surprised when it's not that bad. :)

I look forward to hearing how it all goes. Goodluck!