Sign in to follow this  
Minimel

Bio Oil for stretch marks - how soon??

Hey girls,

So I havn't been told to massage or anything yet, and thinking probably won't have to too much, having gotten anatomicals, but my PS did tell me in recovery that I'll need to get bio oil onto my boobs as they did stretch to my max to fit the 315s....so my question is when is too soon to get started on it do you think?? Obviously I wouldn't be putting anything on my scars till they heal, but I REALLY don't want stretch marks on my boobies....I was thinking ASAP can't hurt but what do you think??

Hey minimel yeh I'd do it ASAP I asked my PS pre op what cream,oils I should use and he said use whatever u want to keep the skin moist just don't put it near the scars I didn't get any stretch marks Iv just been using body butter after a shower is I normally do but yeh I'd just use what he has told u to ASAP nd keep it away from ur incision site

Awesome thanks hun I've got that Palmers Cocobutter, its got vitamin E in it, I find it really good on my legs so might start with that till I can get to the shops and get me some bio oil :)

I started with alternating palmers cocoa butter & rosehip oil the same day as my surgery and have been doing it every day since so go for your life ... like you said just keep it away from your incisions until they are healed :)

im wondering how long you need to wait until you know if you are clear for stretch marks!!

Problem is i think it is different for everyone!! i have no sign of any at the moment and the doc didnt notice any signs either but who knows ... ive heard of girls developing them months down the track :( definitely keeping up my moisturizing routine tho :)