Sign in to follow this  
Faith2006

Rachel from Bangkok Makeovers not taking on new breast clients??

Hi girls,

I received a message from Rachel after my initial photos and application was sent and received :

"thanks for the photos however for the type of lift that you are needing our Doctors are no longer doing at this time due to the amount of clients."

My procedure doesn't seem complicated.. lift with implants lollipop scar. I hope im not getting the run around with her. Anyone received similar responses???

Hi there Faith2006,

I tried to book with Rachel a while ago too! I was just after regular breast implants, with under armpit incision. I had thought that since the armpit technique is the most popular in asia it would be no problem. But i believe Bangkok Makeovers are extremely selective when it comes to customers. She was super quick to respond and all, so I did appreciate that. It seems the only customers they take are ones who want breast implants done under the breast crease so they can minimise any chance of dissatisfaction...

Hi there Faith2006,

I tried to book with Rachel a while ago too! I was just after regular breast implants, with under armpit incision. I had thought that since the armpit technique is the most popular in asia it would be no problem. But i believe Bangkok Makeovers are extremely selective when it comes to customers. She was super quick to respond and all, so I did appreciate that. It seems the only customers they take are ones who want breast implants done under the breast crease so they can minimise any chance of dissatisfaction...

hi there i can confirm that,

I have a long story with BM and few heated emails, I kind of felt I should be happy to have my surgery with them and get on with whatever they were saying.... will keep it short and sweet, my feeling now is that they are quite victim of their own sucess and can be "selective" in regard to their patients..... ie: you need need a lift= more work =sorry no we cant do it anymore? OOOOOKAAAAAY

well to her defense perhaps she still triyng to run a "family" business and dont want to take on to many clients....

who knows....

Hi,

I went through BM and know that the doctors they use are extremely busy! When I had my consult I got to experience the calendar work for the month and my god!! They are busy busy busy. I also know the docs are post retirement age and still going strong but a two hour procedure is alot less draining then a four. Just remember dr p ( this is who I had) is in his 70's so the fact he is still going is a feat in itself. I think they are limiting the amount of complicated cases due to the doctors wanting to take it easier. Well that's my view on it anyway. Hope you get it sorted love.

After trying to go through the company mentioned but R being not very friendly & helpful I contacted Bangkok hospital directly. R found out about this and cancelled my surgery knowing I had already booked my flight.

In conversations with her I did feel like she just wanted me to shut up and be happy with whatever result I got. She even said I was asking too many questions and they don't take on clients who expect too much. WT???

So now I'm stuck with a flight I can only get half my money back for and trying to organize surgery myself for the same dates.

My opinion... be glad you didn't get in.

All the best.

After trying to go through the company mentioned but R being not very friendly & helpful I contacted Bangkok hospital directly. R found out about this and cancelled my surgery knowing I had already booked my flight.

How can someone have the authority to cancel your surgery that you booked yourself through the hospital? I hope I'm misunderstanding here because it's absurd that is even a possibility!

In conversations with her I did feel like she just wanted me to shut up and be happy with whatever result I got. She even said I was asking too many questions and they don't take on clients who expect too much. WT???

So now I'm stuck with a flight I can only get half my money back for and trying to organize surgery myself for the same dates.

My opinion... be glad you didn't get in.

All the best.

Hey Me_again,

Perhaps could you ring or email her and ask to rebook? Is it past that? Maybe try GHT?

I really hope you can sort something - good luck xxx

I was going through bm and booked my surgery through them but then things didn't go too well with r and I decided to enquire at the hospital whether I could book directly. Then because they thought I wanted surgery with dr.p they forwarded my email on to r and she just said since I'm not happy with her services she has cancelled my surgery.

Hi girls have any of you considered going to Phuket and PIAC Hospital , they are very professional and can arrange all surgery direct including pick ups to and from airport . Hospital and hotel , . All their surgeons are internationally accredited

Wowee, I just don't understand why those ladies over there think they can treat paying customers this way. It seems so difficult to find a facilitator who just sticks to the service that they say they will provide without any of their nastiness.

If I had to do it again, I would just book everything on my own. It really is not that hard.

To right there nikbri , I'm glad I never went with the main 2 there I'm happy with my choice destiny medi travel could not ask for anyone better so organized and quick to answer Any questions you may have ..... I'm going to PIAC as well .....

Goodluck girls

MumO5

I found a good facilitator to be Cosmeditour based on the gold coast. the ladies there are angels and can organise for clients everywhere to get a great service and experience overseas. I was going to go through them but decided to have surgery done at home in Aus. But would definitely recommend them and their services! Dr Sanguan at PIAC (phuket international hospital) such lovely ladies at CosMeditour worth a contact anyway what do you have to lose. Hope you sort out a surgery either way. goodluck. xo

Hi girls, the statement about the breast implant being under the boob only is what the doctors are doing not Bangkok makeovers. They cannot decide on anything surgical. That is up to the doctor. Not many surgeons are doing armpit incisions anymore as it is more risky and only suited to a certain person. Most surgeons overseas and in Australia are now going under the boob incision. Hope this helps. The facilitator does not get involved on the actual goings on with the surgery. They are not trained surgeons.

Hi girls, the statement about the breast implant being under the boob only is what the doctors are doing not Bangkok makeovers. They cannot decide on anything surgical. That is up to the doctor. Not many surgeons are doing armpit incisions anymore as it is more risky and only suited to a certain person. Most surgeons overseas and in Australia are now going under the boob incision. Hope this helps. The facilitator does not get involved on the actual goings on with the surgery. They are not trained surgeons.

Hi Newbee,

actually this is my whole point THEY got involved into what is going on with the surgery... and THEY wanted to force me to do something that i didn't want to do,

as for your comment regarding " not many surgeons are doing armpit incision as it is more risky" I advice you to do more reseach on the subject because EACH incision as its pro and cons and there no one better than the other, depends on your and the surgeon preference.

indeed very helpful post Newbee

Without causing offence to anyone in this thread - just as it is up to you whether or not to accept a service that a company or individual is offering; unless you have paid for a service, it is optional to the company or individual to offer that service, regardless of whether they are a surgeon or a facilitator. They are under no obligation to accept your business. The surgeons do stipulate their conditions based on their researched and experiential knowledge and it is their right as a medical professional to do so.

Hi Newbee,

actually this is my whole point THEY got involved into what is going on with the surgery... and THEY wanted to force me to do something that i didn't want to do,

as for your comment regarding " not many surgeons are doing armpit incision as it is more risky" I advice you to do more reseach on the subject because EACH incision as its pro and cons and there no one better than the other, depends on your and the surgeon preference.

indeed very helpful post Newbee

naja08 I have already had my surgery, and I can assure you I researched my BA for well over a year, including contact with Thailand surgeons and also surgeons here in Aust. Whilst you are indeed correct that each incision has its pros and cons, it is well known and commonly advised that crease incision has less risk than armpit. Due to the ability for the surgeon to simply lift and release the pec muscle from the bone, whilst causing minimal to zero disruption to the existing breast tissue. Most surgeons also avoid armpit incisions due to the difficulty in placing the implant correctly, and many peoples' frame/build are not suitable for this incision. Consequently, surgeons who do use this incision will generally NOT use an implant greater than 275/300cc.

Obviously each person and case is different, but your surgeon (and to a lesser degree, facilitator) will only be pushing you to do what is right for you and your body. I know because I too wanted the armpit incision, but although I am small framed and only 50kilos, I wanted 375cc HP implants, and my surgeon would not do this due to the increased risk this would pose. Personally, I would rather go with a surgeon that is putting my safety first, than one of the many surgeons who will take your money and perform whatever you desire, with little regard to whether this is the best option for your body.

Just my two cents ;)

Without causing offence to anyone in this thread - just as it is up to you whether or not to accept a service that a company or individual is offering; unless you have paid for a service, it is optional to the company or individual to offer that service, regardless of whether they are a surgeon or a facilitator. They are under no obligation to accept your business. The surgeons do stipulate their conditions based on their researched and experiential knowledge and it is their right as a medical professional to do so.

Well thats for sure they had no obligation to take my business, but in this case they did, happily took my $300,

but anyway I don't want go into an argument here about who's right and who's not, I have been doing my research for the last 4 years, had consultation back Sydney and here in London so I know that I am a candidate and I am fully aware of all the risk I am about to take, BUT IF my surgeon give me a good explanation as to change my incision site then i will, I am not an idiot and going for something that isn't right for my health

I found this link quite usefuel

http://www.advanced-art.com/Breast-Aug-Over-Under.htm

Wow naja08 that was quite rude considering I was only trying to help. I didnt want you to get all the way to bangkok and find out the surgeon you want doesn't do armpit. I've done my research too and I have my boobs. You sound like an unhappy person. Perhaps you should bite the bullet and get your boobs. Maybe that will make you happier.