Sign in to follow this  
Me_again

Travel buddy needed for Bangkok Feb 22nd - March 8th 2013

After some trouble with one of the major companies organizing surgery trips I'm left with a booked flight but no surgery date so far.

So now I'm planning everything myself. I've been in contact with Dr. Suchart at Bangkok Hospital and he says he could fit me in for the dates I've already booked my flight for.

I'll be meeting up with a friend who is having a BA done for the first week but for week 2 (2nd - 8th March 2013) I'll be all by myself and I'd much rather have some company to go shopping etc with.

I have to stay two weeks because I'm having a tummy tuck and breast lift done.

I'll be leaving my 3 kids with hubby and I know I'll be missing my family like crazy so I need someone to distract me.

If there is anyone else going around that time please PM me!

Hi me_again,

Hopefully you find someone to meet up with. My first question is have you travelled before? And if so to anywhere in asia? If not then I'd do as much reading as possible and ask anyone that has travelled there what it is like. Thailand is an extraordinary place but in saying that, can be quite overwhelming for some especially if you haven't experienced it before. I think it's extremely important that you go over in a positive mind set! Even if you don't find anyone to buddy with. I know it's hard when you have a partner and children but looking at it as " mummy time" and your doing this for yourself and it's a good thing can only make your time there better. Yes you will miss your family but try to not make that your focus as it will hinder your recovery. Go over happy to be doing something you have wanted done for a long time, knowing your kids and hubby are fine without you and as a mum you deserve some r &r. The kids will be super excited when they know youl have a suitcase of goodies on your return. When I went I limited calls home as not to upset myself too much, knowing that if anything was wrong my partner could contact me. This helped alot. I spent my days shopping or going out to tourist places and my nights dining and night markets. I'm a seasoned traveller and travelled most of Asia, and found going over alone for surgery was huge.. Just glad I was positive from the start.

Thanks Bec.

I grew up in Germany & my dad owned a travel agency so I've traveled quite a bit all over. I have traveled to some Asian countries but not as much as to other continents. Thanks for all your tips. I'll do my best to be excited instead of scared, lol.

if you cant find anyone to meet up with you, perhaps try getting a hotel in soi 11 Sukumhvit for the 2nd week. Its not far from the hospital in case you need to return and its a good atmosphere and has the good old Aussie Bar there. President Palace and President Solitaire are both nice hotels and the Solitaire provides free tuktuk service to nana BTS.

There are always clients from Bumrungrad hospital staying around that area and you might meet some either at the Aussie bar or restaurants in the street.