Sign in to follow this  
ShaynaR

Over or under :(

my operation is getting closer and closer but now i am having doubts about whether to go OVERs that Dr. Harwood recommended.. the biggest thing i am worried about is CC and i dunno what i should choose now. support and options please

Hey Shayna - how exciting that your surgery is getting so close! From what I've heard, unders work best for petite girls who don't have a lot of breast tissue to start with as it helps them achieve a more natural look. Overs have a shorter recovery time as you're not going under the muscle and also look natural more quickly as they don't take a long time to 'drop' like the unders. Hope that's helpful!

Hey Shayna,

I am almost 1 month post op and I have got the exact same implant that you are getting, 315cc anatomical high profile overs. I'll try get some after shots up in the next week so you can see.

When I went in for my first consult and Kim recommended 'overs' I was a bit shocked/worried. But after researching more and eventually putting all my trust in Dr Harwood (at the end of the day he is the professional in implants) I agreed.

So far so good. My recovery was amazingly easy and my healing has been super too. I can't feel the implant edge and although they are still firm they are softening up more and more each day.

The best thing I have enjoyed about getting 'overs' (not that I can compare), is I have seen my end result alot quicker (and also the easier recovery).

As far as CC, the brazilians implants have a lower risk of this happening. There is plenty of infomration about them on here.

At the end of the day it's your body and you have to be comfortable with what you are paying to get done to it. Good luck with your decision.

If your biggest concern between over/under is the chance of CC i would not be worried, brazilians greatly reduce the risk of CC both over and under the muscle.

what the other girls have said is correct and i think if Dr Harwood thinks that overs will give you the best result then he is giving this advice as it is in your best interests! have you been to more consults to get additional opinions?

If CC is your big concern than going with Brazillian implant is the best choice for you. With the polyeurathane coating on the Silicone shell, it guarantees around 15 years of no developing of CC from the date it implanted. How's it work? Once implanted, the polyeurathane layer will seperated from your shell and bind with the tissue around the implant and it will form a layer of "protection" around the implant. The material of polyeurathane will slowly "flush" out from our body and it take 10-15 years to do it from the day it implanted. It means the layer of polyeurathane will disappear slowly...research show it take 10-15 years to do that after that period, the risk of CC will be the same as other women without non-polyeurathane layer implant. The fact is, from 8 years onwards, the possibilities of rapture will increase, so.... around every 10-15 year, the women with implant might need to go through another surgery to change the implant.... so that's why the risk of CC almost not there for women with Brazillian implant.

Althought there is always the exceptional, some women did develope CC with Brazilian implant but it's only 1%, hopefully none of us fall into that 1% group.

I hope the info solve your concern...if you like to know more about Brazillian implant, you can visit this site: http://www.furrybrazilian.com/

Hi Ace,

I think the CC warranty by Silimed is actually 10 years? and there is a 1% chance over 15 years of getting CC with these implants.

Where did you get the info about the polyurethane lasting 10-15 years, i hadnt seen this information before and thought that this process happened much quicker? would be interested to read about it. I do know however that it is the way the coating allows the scar tissue to form that reduces the risk, and that would mean once the polyurethane is flushed from the body that the scar tissue would retain the benefits.