Sign in to follow this  
emsie68

GP referal

Hi all,

just wondering if you need GP referal to see PS if you are going to claim on medicare and private health insurance for tt or if you can just have private consult first and claim on PS reccomendation.

Have booked 2 consults with different PS and not sure if i need to go to GP and get referal. Not worried about claiming Medicare rebate for consult but if PS says i could claim on my private health insuranceor tt f i don't want to miss out because i didn't get original referal from GP.:confused:

Thanks

emsie68

Hi Emsie, yes definately go to your GP & get a referral to both the surgeons as you need this to claim back part of your surgery costs. I'm pretty sure I booked my appointments first then went to the GP & asked for the ref.

cheers.

Thanks syneymum,

Ill go to med centre today and see if i can get them. I don't have a specific dr as i don't get i'll very often. Think i have only been there twice in last 5 yearsand on both occasions it was because i had damged leg excercising, so its a case of keeping fingers crossed and getting a good gp who is willing to write me out the referals.

emsie68

I know what u mean, I go to my local medical centre too, I'm there often with the kids more than myself. You shouldn't have a problem in getting the referral though. I don't see why they wouldn't. All the best with your consults & hope u find a P.S u r comfortable with.

Back from med centre with referals for both consults.

Gp looked unipressed with my request, didn't even bother to have a look at tummy but who cares i have them. He wrote on them loss of weight 30kgs excess skin ? abdominoplasty. just hope this is ok. 1st consult nxt tues and 2nd one wed after. I'm on my way to a flat tum. Well i hope i am LOL.

yippi!!!!!!

Emsie68