Sign in to follow this  
bec<3

Global health travel

Hi Girls!

I'm just wondering if anyone has booked through global health travel for breast augmentation? I am wanting surgery with Dr Preeyaphus and am trying to find someone to go through, I've already contacted bangkokmakeovers and am waiting to hear back from them as I've heard great reviews but none on global health travel.. Can anyone help? :)

I emailed them 2 days ago and also Bangkok Makeovers and havent heard anything back. I have contacted Bangkok Hospital Phuket directly and think I will just book myself. There seem to be mixed reviews for GHT but I havent read a bad word about Bangkok Makeovers. I am sure that the ladies on here will point you in the right direction!

To me a 'Thanks' is almost as good as a facebook 'like'

Ive booked in with BM and couldn't say a bad word about them so far. I emailed about 3 companies when i initially started enquring.

BM got back to me first, and felt most personal. Everyone else to for ever to get back to me, wanted my money straight away etc fill out this form, fill out that form, enter this survery etc etc etc then we can get you a quote

With BM I got replies with in 24 hours, my questions were answered, i had a bit of a bugger around with my dates - at my fault - because i was juggling annual leave with work etc and Megan (works with Rachel) was great, helped me out with sorting our a surgery date, when i should arrive bangkok etc

another major plus for me was....BM only ask for a $300 deposit, the rest you pay when you get there. Gut feeling, that made me feel a bit better so i wasnt dishing out large amounts of money to an over seas comany etc..i dont know...personal choice i guess but BM felt more legit to me. I didnt feel like another number..i was Mel haha

I havent even had surgery with them yet but im so confident about it all. aaaand SO EXCITED!

I truely wish I had gone with Bangkok Makeovers. Rachel was warm and friendly on the phone, and the only reason I didn't was that she couldn't fit me in at the time I wanted to go due to the flooding. I respected the fact that she wouldn't take on clients at a time she could not support more. So unfortunately I went with GHT... I was offered no aftercare despite paying for it, and the director was unprofessional in her behavior, manner and things she said towards not only myself, but other ladies I was there with. I am also in contact with other ladies both within this forum and outside of it, that had similar profoundly negative experiences such as mine. Using this company as my facilitator was both emotionally damaging and ruined the experience that I had been dreaming about for ages.

I chose to go with Bangkok Makeovers and am so glad I did - they have been awesome so far, and I can't wait to get over there next month! I was going to go with GHT (until I found BM through this forum) but found them WELL overpriced. When I had a phone call from GHT to "check up on how I was going" and I let them know I was booked with BM, the lady warned me about the high risks of botched jobs etc by going with another company.... I found the use of scare tactics offensive.

I too wish I went with Bangkok makeovers. Have heard nothing but really positive experiences. I would say they are really busy at the moment. Honestly give them a chance. I never see Bangkok makeovers on here in damage control like GHT do. Bangkok makeovers never make up fake names on here to plug their business. They don't need to. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. I went with GHT and had the worst experience. Not only was the care dismal but the director is the rudest person I have ever met. Don't let this put you off Bumrungrad. They were fantastic. I suggest if you want to go to Bumrungrad invest your facilitator money in paying for a friend to go with you instead. Not only will you get better care you will save money. GHT is a rip off

I chose to go with Bangkok Makeovers and am so glad I did - they have been awesome so far, and I can't wait to get over there next month! I was going to go with GHT (until I found BM through this forum) but found them WELL overpriced.

When I had a phone call from GHT to "check up on how I was going" and I let them know I was booked with BM, the lady warned me about the high risks of botched jobs etc by going with another company.... I found the use of scare tactics offensive.

Yep that sounds like GHT for you... Trying to scare you off other companies!! The dirty tricks they come up with still baffles me!!

I know of one girl who got an email from the director warning her off Dr Preeyapas saying all kinds of defamatory things about him. the reason for this?? She wanted him as her surgeon but he doesnt give commission to GHT anymore so that means no extra money for them. Their trick is to make up stuff about the doctor so they change their mind..

I chose to go with Bangkok Makeovers and am so glad I did - they have been awesome so far, and I can't wait to get over there next month! I was going to go with GHT (until I found BM through this forum) but found them WELL overpriced.

Yep that sounds like GHT for you... Trying to scare you off other companies!! The dirty tricks they come up with still baffles me!!

I know of one girl who got an email from the director warning her off Dr Preeyapas saying all kinds of defamatory things about him. the reason for this?? She wanted him as her surgeon but he doesnt give commission to GHT anymore so that means no extra money for them. Their trick is to make up stuff about the doctor so they change their mind..

Wow I was also warned off Dr P when I asked for him. I was actually told the quality of his work was slipping due to his age. The reality is that I have seen nothing but FANTASTIC work from him, and interestingly have seen some horrendous scarring and placements from This companies two surgeons they push the most. Perhaps they offer bigger commissions??

The biggest thing that put me off going off GHT was the cost of staying in their apartments - it worked out to about $1400NZD which is insane considering you are sharing with others in Bangkok where you could pay for absolute luxury at that price! I'm paying just under $600NZD for the week at BM.

Thank you so much girls! i have recently heard back from bangkok makeovers, they have been great at getting back to me quickly and on a personal level, talking to me like an actually person not just forms and applications!! i've sent away my pics and am waiting to see if i can get in asap =) =)

Thank you so much girls! i have recently heard back from bangkok makeovers' date=' they have been great at getting back to me quickly and on a personal level, talking to me like an actually person not just forms and applications!! i've sent away my pics and am waiting to see if i can get in asap =) =)[/quote']

That is honestly what sold me with BM. They are amazingly friendly. It didnt just feel like a computer generated response

When are you thinking about going over Bec?

I've booked through ght. I'm leaving on Saturday for 7days to get a BA. They have been great so far when it comes to phone contact with my case manager and she gives fast response and answered all my questions. I can't say anything about how they provide the service over in thailand yet though

Hi I'm new to the forum and excited to be here. I didn't have my boobs done but went to Thailand for liposuction and I am thrilled with the result. Dr Komwit is a star. The reason I stopped by here is to give the other side of the story because I know I read this forum constantly when I was looking for a company to help me with my surgery.

I decided to go with GHT and had an awesome experience, so much so I am thinking about going to get my boobs done (which is why I am back on the forum!!) and will book with them. This is why...yes they charge more but it is not just for the apartments it is for the patient care and I know I wouldn't have been able to go it alone. I was so grateful to have Daisy and April looking after me - love those girls x the other reason is that i found them to be totally professional, my case manager Sarah answered all my questions - even the stupid one about where to buy reeboks (sorry, yes that is true!). I just felt totally safe with that decision. Cant say I ever met the director, so no comment there. Bumrungrad is a beautiful hospital and I have a small crush now on my Doctor. Dr Komwit. So lovely and it is obvious he really wants the best result for you. I met sooo many great girls in the apartments too, friends I think I'll have for a long time. That is just my 2c on my experience. I know everyone has had different experiences with different companies. I just see GHT getting a lot of negative posts here and wanted to share my experience and can add all the people I am now in contact with also loved their time there. If you are going alone they are a great option but you need to feel comfortable in your decision, good luck and may you be as happy with your result as I am! Love my new legs they now match the rest of my body yay!

I got back from my trip last week and and had a full tummy tuck, breast lift and nipple graft after losing a bunch of weight. I guess mine is a bit different as I'm a guy so some of the companies kinda didn't want to deal with me it seemed.

I chose GHT in the end and stayed in their apartments. To be honest I think it was about the best decision I made especially given I was going alone and the TT leaves you pretty much unable to do a lot of stuff for 4-5 days. The nipple graft as well left me unable to put my arms up for about 4-5 days too.

I had to go to hospital twice, once for a UTI and once for another issue related to the fever and dehydration. I had the GHT nurse with me all teh time and it was good to have someone make sure I was taken care of and stick up for me as I was feeing quite rushed by the hospital staff in both cases.

As I say I've only got experience with GHT but their Australian and Thai side have been awesome to deal with and even following up quite a bit once I got back. I can't recommend them highly enough.

so glad to hear everything went well ozzyaaron :) and I am just so grateful that we can all benefit from going overseas for things we just cant afford here. I know there are some great surgeons here they were just way out of my price range. PLUS you can get a cosmetic surgeon here who hasn't even had half the training of a plastic surgeon. Whereas in Thailand only plastic surgeons do the surgery. That is something I learned over there which I didnt even know here! So to all girls and guys out there if you dont know the difference between a plastic surgeon and a cosmetic surgeon - find out - it is important! and can save a lot of grief.

I was actually quoted more for a *general* surgeon here to do a mini TT as day surgery than the cost of getting a full TT with 2 nights in hospital by a very highly qualified *plastic* surgeon in the best hospital in Thailand.

Pretty easy decision.

I went with GHT and have to say it was not only one of the best decisions of my life... but also one of the easiest. The main thing that really stood out to me was that they actually called me on the phone, none of the other agencies did that. The consultant was just so friendly and helpful. You can even choose you're own hotel, I haven't come across any other agencies that allow you to do that and often because they make commission. You just pay the booking fee with GHT whatever else you choose to spend you're money on is completely up to you.

I was worried about what the care in Thailand would be like given some of the less than glowing reports on this forum, I knew every agency has good and bad reviews but nonetheless it's only human to worry... Wow what a waste of time worrying about that! The care in Thailand starts as soon as you arrive: with the transfer from the airport, the meet and greet, you get you're own personal assistant (a fully qualified nurse) whose always there for you doing things like changing you're bandages, washing you're hair, and even picking you up chocolate from the supermarket :p

I think online reviews are definitely deciding factor in choosing an agency but only when the agency is repeatedly getting a certain kind of feedback, I saw no patterns in feedback, GHT has lot's of positive feedback and only a few negatives. Also for those few negatives however big who knows that they aren't trolls or maybe a disgruntled customer or an ex employer? I'm sure they could be real people but the truth is never know.

P.s. I'm already back in Thailand have more surgery through GHT... and it's only been two months!! ;)

Follow up question: Do Bangkok Makeovers accept male patients? Months back when I first started looking for an agency they told me that the surgeons didn't do my chosen procedures when they actually do. Just another reason I'm happy I found GHT.

Edited by echoecho

I got back from my trip last week and and had a full tummy tuck, breast lift and nipple graft after losing a bunch of weight. I guess mine is a bit different as I'm a guy so some of the companies kinda didn't want to deal with me it seemed.

I chose GHT in the end and stayed in their apartments. To be honest I think it was about the best decision I made especially given I was going alone and the TT leaves you pretty much unable to do a lot of stuff for 4-5 days. The nipple graft as well left me unable to put my arms up for about 4-5 days too.

I had to go to hospital twice, once for a UTI and once for another issue related to the fever and dehydration. I had the GHT nurse with me all teh time and it was good to have someone make sure I was taken care of and stick up for me as I was feeing quite rushed by the hospital staff in both cases.

As I say I've only got experience with GHT but their Australian and Thai side have been awesome to deal with and even following up quite a bit once I got back. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Some of the other agencies were a bit weird about me being a male as well (make no mistake there are a few on this forum as well) but that turned out to be a good thing as that brought GHT to me. GHT has just been so good with that, which is probably because GHT has more experience working with males as well. They just seem to be allot more focused on customer service than some of the other agencies out there. Bangkok Makeovers told me their surgeons didn't do my chosen procedures when in reality they do. That's an example of a company which should be marketing themselves as focused towards females since that's clearly the case.

GHT let's you choose you're own hotel (unlike allot of other companies). I stayed just up the road from the apartments at Le Fenix which was about $70AUD a night (very average) but was able to visit and see the apartments, they are awesome, worth every cent just based on the convenience. I'm planning on coming back again (lol third time) and staying at the apartments (finally lol). The PDA care team is fantastic, they all take care of different aspects of the experience for you (they even have their own private tour guide, who is awesome) you kinda get a little lazy cos they do everything for you.

The aftercare in Australia is great, I've spoken to the director many times and she even follow up with me when I got back to Australia, she has been super awesome to deal with, she really cares about the customer and... OMG story about the director, I was planning to have my surgery and about thirty minutes before surgery found out that there was a daily limit on the crappy overseas debit card I had purchased. I was absolutely devastated and then she stepped in and sorted everything out for me, she could have just as easily done nothing and I would have had to stay in Thailand for longer and at higher financial expense. She is fantastic and I have the utmost respect for her.

I'm going to write up a full review of my whole experience and take pictures one of these days, lol hopefully soon.

Edited by echoecho
Typo

I've been at the ghts recovery apartment since Saturday night. Had my surgery Sunday night and the care team have been amazing. They organise transport, change my ice packs every few hrs and check up on me. I was thinking of paying my boyfriends ticket to come with me as support but I am glad I chose the company as I feel a bit more safe with the fact that they are nurses and have great knowledge about post op.

Today they are helping me organise with Botox, and book me in for a facial and hair wash. Still in pain but taking it day by day :)

Will definitely book my future lipo and rhino through same company in June next year.

( if you decide to go thailand for surgery, DON'T go by yourself as the pain afterwards can be painful and it would be horrible spending the time alone)

The botox is awesome... You will love the results! I spent the whole time shopping and being pampered. They know a great place for massage! :)

I also agree with not going over by yourself, at least bring a support person. Surgeons always make plastic surgery sound like a walk in the park when it's definitely not, it's good to have someone to look after you and do you're shopping for you.

Follow up question: Do Bangkok Makeovers accept male patients? Months back when I first started looking for an agency they told me that the surgeons didn't do my chosen procedures when they actually do. Just another reason I'm happy I found GHT.

I got told the same thing. They seemed more setup for women so I went with GHT and it was all awesome. I can't go again just yet but hopefully next year I'll get the remainder of my body lift through them :)

Regarding going alone, I went alone and had the full TT and the nipple graft so basicaly unable to be self sufficient for close to two weeks. I would say definitely if you have the ability bring someone with you but also pain is relative and you *can* deal if it's your only option. The nurses etc at GHT help with it too. I found that I didn't need any pain meds after the 2nd day with both operations. Sometimes you feel like you're being stabbed but I'd rather just have 10 seconds of pain or that discomfort than be numbed all teh time.

I get what you're saying about having support but I'd just say that if you definitely can't have support or your support pulls out - mine did due to money - then it's not terrible. I may've been lucky or have a high pain threshold but I'd also just say it's 90% mental and taking care of yourself too :)