Sign in to follow this  
Lozz68

Horrified - Boss just asked me!!

Arggghhh my Boss just came out and asked me if id had my boobs done!! he was probing me yesterday about my 'personal surgery' but i didnt tell him ... so today he just came out and said "so i assume you had a boob job ..."

i was NOT expecting that!! he is about the same age as my Dad and is generally a nosy person and i assumed he would work it out for himself (he is the only one at work who knows i had 'surgery' and its not overly obvious in work clothes) but i didnt think he would ASK!!! ... like THAT

im pretty horrified!! I went bright red and started sweating but i said yes - no point in outright lying ... he then procedeed to ask me WHY, and all about SIZING and different types of implants. i pretty much wanted to go hide under a rock somewhere - my desk was looking mighty appealing to disappear beneath.

I know this was so inappropriate of him .. but i guess that is just how he always is .... just in shock OMG

I guess it is good to know that it took him 2 full days to work it out even tho he was clearly trying to work out what id had done - he had assumed it was cosmetic from the beginning but i never acknowledge he was right!! Dont think anyone else has noticed - or they havent said anything (rightly so in the workplace if you ask me)

anyone else had experiences like this?

x

Haha Lozz nope no one that doesn't know me has noticed me yet, but then I don't look too much different to what I did before in padded bras, especially as I'm wearing crops/sports bras at the moment so they're not exactly cleavage creating!!

You poor thing being mortified!! It is a pretty personal thing to talk about, especially with a boss your dads age!

LOL I thought I'd keep it a secret but I'm way too much of a big mouth so just told the team at work... My boss is gay and used to perform in drag so I knew he would accept it well, and to be honest I think it's been great! No negative feedback and no chance for the gossips to gossip! lol

Hi Lozz68,

It sounds like he already knew the first day you got back to work but was just fishing to get you to say it yourself.

I'm shocked he asked you outright like that. Regardless of how what type of personality he has or if it's "just how he always is", he had absolutely no right to ask you.

If he brings it up again, I'd just say something like, "I don't feel comfortable talking about it" or "I don't think it's appropriate to discuss such a personal thing with an employer".

I've been pretty lucky.

When I asked for my time off I told my boss it was for surgery (just to make sure he was aware the dates are pretty much non-negotiable).

He just asked me if everything is okay and when I said yes, he dropped it and hasn't said anything since except to let me know he signed off on everything, passed over my leave paperwork to the Payroll Officer and that it's all good to go.

I think it's a fine line.

I know I personally have been talking openly about it at work but for some other women I understand if they may want to keep it private.

It's personal and employers run the risk of people misconstruing it as sexual harassment.

One last thing, I've taken a peek at your pics and you look FANTASTIC!!

A job well done once again for Dr. H. :D

Sukii xx

everyone at work, friends and clients all know what i was having done so when i walked into work, met friends family etc I notice 99% of them looking straight at my chest when they talk and I have been fine with that cause its what i did to my friends who had them done before i went through it, even had my hairdresser flash hers too me to reassure me all would be fine. then you get that 1% who are so determined not to look and not to offend they stare so hard into your eyes when talking that they don't even blink..lol cracks me up. My father inlaw announced at a huge family/friend gathering that i was in brisbane to get new boobs which threw me for a six with so many unknowns listening on but fortunately i was wearing a baggy shirt so no-one could see much.

well Lozz i hope he leaves it at that and doesn't try copping a peek...lol. my old boss would have asked for a look he was that nosey, over the line. so glad i work with 90% females now.

Sukii it did cross my mind that he knew straight away but in clothes it really isn't obvious!! I don't mind people knowing - it was just so over the line!! I should have told him it was personal but I'm just the type of person that can't b rude and do that ... wish I could!! Not that I don't have every r right. I'm just still in Shock about the way he did it ... and continued to ask questions!! Geez

In my personal life I have told all my friends and immediate family .. I'm definitely not ashamed I did it .. this was unexpecTed tho lol

Nobody has noticed that i have had mine done but i was a 10D/DD before hand depending on the brad brand and now I am a 10F even my children who shower with me don't notice.

Talk about awkward for you! i would have said yes i did and its a personal decision off mine and walked off.

Lucky it was about 10 min before knock off and he won't be in tomorrow .. maybe he planned it that way lol

It wasn't as if he just slipped it into conversation either .. he came into my office, sat down and they were the first words out of his mouth!! My mum thinks he didn't even know for sure .. he just asked it that way assuming I would give up the information and confirm ...

Can't believe he asked about sizes ... *cringe*

Nobody has noticed that i have had mine done but i was a 10D/DD before hand depending on the brad brand and now I am a 10F even my children who shower with me don't notice.

Talk about awkward for you! i would have said yes i did and its a personal decision off mine and walked off.

He sort or cornered me so walking away wasn't an option ... wish I had the guts to tell him it was personal

AHHH worst nightmare!!!!! I have a plan to tell any coworker who asks that it isn't appropriate to ask me about my breasts, but I'm sure that if I'm cornered I'll be flustered enough to give it away. You handled it well in the situation, just wish people would keep those sort of thoughts to themselves.

I had a plan ... I was going to say 'wow ... I can't believe u actually asked me that...' which doesn't really give it away either way

But I got flustered and even if I had of said that I'm sure my bright red face would have destroyed it!!! Lol

Next time I'll be prepared .. I hope haha

I had a plan ... I was going to say 'wow ... I can't believe u actually asked me that...' which doesn't really give it away either way

But I got flustered and even if I had of said that I'm sure my bright red face would have destroyed it!!! Lol

Next time I'll be prepared .. I hope haha

I would've been pretty mortified if it was any of my previous bosses. I don't blame you!

I told my boss that I may need time off later this year for surgery, she immediately asked me why, what do you have to get done. I was put on the spot so just said I may need to get a lump removed. First thing that I thought of related to boobs. Then she got super concerned and now I feel bad! So now I need to tell her it's ok and then make up another reason if I need unpaid leave depending on my confirmed surgery date. Can't go with the story because if I go back and they notice and I took sick leave I'll be in trouble. Might just go to my team leader when I have to put in the leave request and hope she doesn't find out! She seemed so concerned I didn't feel I could say I'd rather not discuss it. Damn Nosy people!!!

you should be able to get a medical certificate - in which case they have to give you sick leave. regardless of the reason why you were 'sick'!

The more i think about it the more i just cant believe it happened - i guess the way he went about it has made me feel really attacked as he knew i didnt want to discuss it and forced me too anyway! i have always had a pretty good relationship with him but this went way over my line ...

Also the fact that he is looking hard enough to notice is really making me uncomfortable - i know he would have been trying to play spot the difference but if my own mother tells me that it isnt noticeable in clothing then why should my boss more than twice my age have noticed the size of my boobs before, or now!!

sorry about the huge rant girls just feeling a little uneasy about the whole thing

Hey Lozz - I think your boss asking you if you had a boob job is inappropriate in the first place, but the way he said it and the fact that you felt extremely uncomfortable and 'cornered' is horrible. A man your dad's age should know so much better than to be asking young female employees questions like that, so you have every right to feel uneasy. If he asks you anything about it again you should just tell him that it's a personal matter and you'd prefer not to discuss it at work, like you said earlier. I think you handled the whole thing really well considering the circumstances. I always go bright red as well when someone asks an embarrassing question and it's such an instant giveaway haha!

Just rest assured that your new boobs look amazing and try not to worry too much about your socially awkward boss! Hope you're feeling a bit better about it all now xx

He sort or cornered me so walking away wasn't an option ... wish I had the guts to tell him it was personal

It done now hun so just carry on like normal don't let it bother you and if he asks you for anymore information or details then tell him its unprofessional off him to ask you these questions about a personal decision you have made and if he carries on then you will reconsidering your employment.

you should be able to get a medical certificate - in which case they have to give you sick leave. regardless of the reason why you were 'sick'!

The more i think about it the more i just cant believe it happened - i guess the way he went about it has made me feel really attacked as he knew i didnt want to discuss it and forced me too anyway! i have always had a pretty good relationship with him but this went way over my line ...

Also the fact that he is looking hard enough to notice is really making me uncomfortable - i know he would have been trying to play spot the difference but if my own mother tells me that it isnt noticeable in clothing then why should my boss more than twice my age have noticed the size of my boobs before, or now!!

sorry about the huge rant girls just feeling a little uneasy about the whole thing

Yeah I guess if they actually checked the dr who wrote the leave cert out I'd feel like I need to explain myself. Oh well, I'll work it out after consults and see if there is an earlier time slot available.

I don't blame you for being weirded out. If you wanted him to know you would've told him not just said personal surgery, He's obviously been playing spot the difference but went about it in a really inappropriate way. Best to try and just pretend it didn't happen or it could make things weird for you :(

Im so glad he wont be there tommorrow so i have a little while to compose myself! i plan to act normal as if nothing happened and if he asked me any more i will just tell him that i dont feel comfortable talking about it.

He can be quite strange sometimes and i think it has to do with the fact that he is extremely religious (mormon) and views things quite differently to most people you meet - im not sure he realises just how bad he acted today, or whether he just thinks that women are below him and they should explain these things... im not really sure but it doesnt really matter in the end it was inappropriate and unprofessional.

on the plus side - it cant get much worse then that!! hopefully that will be the most embarassing and mortifying conversation i have to go through over my BA!! i dont regret doing it for a minute and still so stoked with my results!!

It's horrible hearing that you had to go through this:( It is good that you now have time to compose yourself with him being away tomorrow. It's also good to have made up your mind that it will no longer be a topic of conversation. It has absolutely no relevance to your performance and by the sounds of it he took the questioning too far. If it was me I would just be at the ready to say that I don't want to discuss the issue any further - THANK YOU! hopefully he'll get the message. :)

i think it depends on the bond you have with your collegues and employers. you dont sound like you have that much of a connection with them other than they are people you work with. which in that case i think they way he went about it was out of line. but hey we all make mistakes and maybe he just didnt know exactly how to bring it up and like you said hes a nosey person so he felt like he had to know even though he didnt know how to ask.

in my case everyone i work with, work for and my customers, ALL know im getting it done and constantly ask when its happening, i talk about it every day anyway haha. i work for Cash Converters so quite a lot of my customers dont come across as being the best "friendly" type of people. but when i was in a competition to win a surgery in thailand i was asking every one of my custoemrs new and regular, young and old to get on and vote for me hahaha. basically anyone on the goldy who doenst know im getting my boobs done, have been living under a rock. im so proud of the fact ive been able to save and have the guts to get it done finally, so im shouting it to the world. :D ive got a lot of different responses. a lot of people ask why and want info on the surgery (its like they're testing me on my research). but thats probably why he was asking sizes, not because hes a creepy old dude but ive found a lot of people are genuinely interested in the procedure and size (lots of people dont realise women are restricted with sizing etc). Its foreign to them, and they need to know lol.

Oh you poor thing, how embarrassing for you. I would have been mortified. Good to hear your boss isn't there tomorrow..hopefully things are ok next time you see him.

Luckily for me I have been on maternity leave for a few months and go back to work just after my BA. I sort of planned it that way as I already have the time off to recover etc and hopefully some of the people I work with may have forgotten what I looked like in that department Lol. In saying that I have told a few people at work so the way people talk I am sure everyone knows anyway! I might have to get a bigger size uniform - shirt to fit my new boobs into :) .

I hope you don't mind but I sent you a FR as we have quite similar stats and I would love to see your photos.

Lozz!!! Omg that must have been awkward.

I have to say I think it was inappropriate for him to ask so many detailed Qs but don't feel embarrassed.....if he's not (which clearly he isnt!), then you certainly shouldn't be babe.

Xxx