Sign in to follow this  
BonnieBoo

Painkillers before surgery??

Hey girls. I've got surgery booked in in bangkok on Sunday for a breast augmentation.

It's just today I got this horrible migraine and its killing me :(

I usually take some panadein forte and it knocks me out but I remember reading somewhere about not being able to take certain painkillers before surgery or they might cancel..

I'm just in so much pain I can't even think of where I read it or remember what tablets it was.

I would usually google to find out but hoping some of u girls might know of panadein forte would put my surgery at risk?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't want to give you incorrect advice but as far as I know its just anti inflammatories such as nurofen that are to be avoided. I also suffer from migraines and took panadiene (not forte) and told my Dr and he gave me the ok.

Google it too

Hope you feel better soon :)

I had a phone consult with a surgeon last night and asked this, he said panadol is fine, not sure about forte.. its just ones with aspirin and things in you can't take!

Yep it's just aspirin and ibuprofen (nurofen) you can't have, I would try panadeine and see if you can get away with that before resorting to the panadeine forte....hope you feel better soon hun!!

Thank you do much for the replys. I called bumrungrad as well and one of the nurses said it would be fine to take. I had nothing else but forte or nurofen migraine tablets and I was in so much pain I just needed to get knocked out. Still drowsy and numb but so glad the pain is gone and I can function again :)

Pack my bags today and get ready to fly out in 2 days :)