Sign in to follow this  
karaleap

Newbie introduction and seeking some thoughts on Melb PS's

Hi there :)

Just signed up to this amazing forum after days of reading through here every minute I get (needless to say, not much work has been achieved this week!!) and thought I would introduce myself. I'm 23, currently living Melbourne and have just moved into a brand new home that my partner and I have been building for the last 1.5 years (finally!). So after years of saving tirelessly we are finally in a good place to start living our lives again and splurging on some things we have dreamed of having for years. Whilst this may mean a decked out Theatre/man cave for my man, it means 'BOOBIES' for me :)

I'm currently a small 10b and hoping to be a D when I come out the other side. Where I'm at: I have booked two consultations so far for next month. The first one on 2nd Nov is with Dr. Damian Grinsell (Northern Plastic Surgery) and would be interested to see if any Melb girls have heard about him, met him or know someone that has?? Am also meeting Craig Rubinstein on 23rd Nov which I have heard great things about him on here!!

Feeling very positive to start the process and find out more about it - from your experience, can you tell me what you found most useful or made you give the thumbs up in your consultation with the surgeon you chose? I fear that I may get flustered and then not remember a thing they say during the consultation.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my journey with you :D

Kara-Lea x

Welcome karaleap!

Good luck with your consults. If you think you'll get flustered, perhaps you could take a list of questions that you want to ask the PS on a sheet of paper :) Go with your gut when choosing a surgeon. Initially, I had a couple of consultations that just didn't feel right and their recommendations were much larger than I expected for my goal (full C/small D).

xx

Haven't seen the northern plastic surgery guy mentioned on here before, but Craig Rubenstein gets good things said about him.

Can definitely recommend my surgeon too ;-)

Good luck with your search!

Welcome karaleap!

Good luck with your consults. If you think you'll get flustered, perhaps you could take a list of questions that you want to ask the PS on a sheet of paper :) Go with your gut when choosing a surgeon. Initially, I had a couple of consultations that just didn't feel right and their recommendations were much larger than I expected for my goal (full C/small D).

xx

Thanks JenJen :) I've decided to take along my best friend for support and she is great at asking questions and seeing things from all angles. I asked the man if he wanted to come along but I can tell he would get too squeamish when talking about the procedure - bless him!

I've also taken your advice and written a list (albeit, a very long one!) of all the questions that I have...all set to go! Do you mind if I send you a FR?

MissSJ, I have also heard lots of good things about yours so will see how my first two consults go and if I'm still not happy/gut feel with either of them I think I will book in with him.

Craig is running a seminar on BA this Thursday also in Melb at the Park Hyatt - its free, so if anyone is interested you just need to reserve a seat. Here's the link - http://breastimplants.eventbrite.com.au/?ebtv=C

Ahhh I'm so excited!!! :) :)

Thanks JenJen :) I've decided to take along my best friend for support and she is great at asking questions and seeing things from all angles. I asked the man if he wanted to come along but I can tell he would get too squeamish when talking about the procedure - bless him!

I've also taken your advice and written a list (albeit, a very long one!) of all the questions that I have...all set to go! Do you mind if I send you a FR?

MissSJ, I have also heard lots of good things about yours so will see how my first two consults go and if I'm still not happy/gut feel with either of them I think I will book in with him.

Craig is running a seminar on BA this Thursday also in Melb at the Park Hyatt - its free, so if anyone is interested you just need to reserve a seat. Here's the link - http://breastimplants.eventbrite.com.au/?ebtv=C

Ahhh I'm so excited!!! :) :)

Hi Karaleap

I am new to this forum too and Im looking for a PS in Melbourne too, I have not booked any consults yet and I want to do my research first but saw that you put there is the seminar on Thursday so I just got to get a sitter for the kids as hubby is out of town and im there, Im really excited and nervous too

Haven't seen the northern plastic surgery guy mentioned on here before, but Craig Rubenstein gets good things said about him.

Can definitely recommend my surgeon too ;-)

Good luck with your search!

I'm booked in with Craig in December and can honestly say I think he's awesome.

I met with ******'s nurse, his 'Hollywood' offices in Toorak weren't my style but I've heard great things about his fix up jobs and he is the most expensive in Melbourne.

I've heard great things about Tim Brown who is in Berwick and Mornington. Good surgeon and nice job for an affordable price.

Be honest and ask EVERY question that you think of. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

I was so confused after meeting Dr ******'s nurse but went with Craig based on his easygoing nature and upfront no BS approach to your surgery.

You must feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon.

Good luck.

I'm booked in with Craig in December and can honestly say I think he's awesome.

I met with ******'s nurse, his 'Hollywood' offices in Toorak weren't my style but I've heard great things about his fix up jobs and he is the most expensive in Melbourne.

I've heard great things about Tim Brown who is in Berwick and Mornington. Good surgeon and nice job for an affordable price.

Be honest and ask EVERY question that you think of. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

I was so confused after meeting Dr ******'s nurse but went with Craig based on his easygoing nature and upfront no BS approach to your surgery.

You must feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips Little L! and congratulations on booking your boobie surgery in....very exciting!! :) Few questions if you don't mind me asking about Craig:

- I know he quotes on individual case but how much has he quoted you?

- Are you going overs/under? Smooths/textured? etc

Hi RoxyRoo,

I'll let you know how I go with my two consults - 1st one is next Friday (although I'm not going in there confident as I haven't heard anything about this guy!) and then Craig at the end of the month. Definitely come along tomorrow night to Craig's seminar- will be great for us newbies to find out lots of information and get a feel as to how he works :)

Kara-Lea x

Going with textured, round unders.

Craig gave me his all inclusive price on the day which includes:

- His costs for surgery

- Review visits for 12 months

- 2 post op bras

- Tapes & soap

- 3 Laser Fraxel treatments to improve healing.

TOTAL $8400

Breast Implants: $1780

Anesthetist: $1100

Surgical assistant:$ 300

{Paid 2 weeks prior to surgery}

Total $11580.00

Vimy hospital overnight stay $2300

MY GRAND TOTAL IS $13880.00

I can go back as many times as I wasn't between now and my surgery date to chat with him or Katrina about surgery and sizes with out charge.

Little L x

Hi Kara

i had mine done by Craig and i absolutely love them and couldn't fault him one bit.

I find him and his staff to be very friendly and so very helpful.

Feel free to add me as a friend and to also have a look at my before and after pics.

I'm sure you will have a massive smile on your face when seeing Craig, I know i did from the second i walked in to meet him.

x

I went with Craig as well, his aftercare is absolutely amazing and he is a really honest man and will do anything to make you happy!! His staff is also amazing and easy to talk to.

Good luck with your research and consults

Thanks hmk1992 and Miz Lisa - I went to that seminar I mentioned earlier in the thread that Craig spoke at and he was great - I really liked him and his easy going nature! I took my best friend (who is ever the pessimist) and she loved him also so I have a really good feeling about him already.

I'm thinking of cancelling my other consultation because I haven't heard anything about this guy....??

hi karaleap, i'm also a fellow melbourne girl and i am yet to book any consultations yet...

i'm not sure who to see first... may i ask which side of melbourne you're from? not that i'm particularly stay with a surgeon who is based on my side of town, but i don't think i'd like to see tim brown in berwick! it's at least an hour drive away!!!

hi karaleap, i'm also a fellow melbourne girl and i am yet to book any consultations yet...

i'm not sure who to see first... may i ask which side of melbourne you're from? not that i'm particularly stay with a surgeon who is based on my side of town, but i don't think i'd like to see tim brown in berwick! it's at least an hour drive away!!!

Hi Kylz81,

Just built a house in Craigieburn (Northern suburbs) hence why my first call was to Northern Plastic Surgery in Essendon as the ease of getting there for a consultation was on the way to work and wouldn't take too much time out of my day...in saying that, I actually did cancel that appointment as I hadn't heard anything about the place or the surgeon - did a lot of research and couldn't find anything...which put me off. Now I am sticking with Craig Rubenstein who is based at Cosmetic Surgery for Women in Richmond - have heard a lot of great things about him from some of the ladies on here. I have my consult with him in 3 weeks time...very EXCITED!!!! :)

Are you leaning towards any surgeons in particular to meet with?

Kara-Lea

xx

hi kara, the two who are standing out on here (the closest to my side of town so far) are craig rubenstein and mark ashton...

i finally did the big talk with my mum (over the phone) and told her my ideas and she's not as against it as i thought she might have been! she even joked that she'd be behind me every step as she doesn't want to see my perfect boobs! hehe! :) she'd be jealous as she has nothing, and i knew i would be the same... my poor daughter will probably be like her grandmother and mother in that case :(

i would like to give a call to the breast.com.au people and get their recommedations... has anyone else called them?

hi kara, the two who are standing out on here (the closest to my side of town so far) are craig rubenstein and mark ashton...

i finally did the big talk with my mum (over the phone) and told her my ideas and she's not as against it as i thought she might have been! she even joked that she'd be behind me every step as she doesn't want to see my perfect boobs! hehe! :) she'd be jealous as she has nothing, and i knew i would be the same... my poor daughter will probably be like her grandmother and mother in that case :(

i would like to give a call to the breast.com.au people and get their recommedations... has anyone else called them?

Both surgeons have excellent feedback on here so good choices :) Everyone says go with your gut feel and who you feel most comfortable with.

Your mum sounds adorable haha!! I haven't told my mum...just my sister (and my bf obviously!!) because she has had hers done also and has been great with advice.

I haven't called the place you mentioned above but I guess it can't hurt!

Let me know how you go :)

x

Hi every1, im a newbie 23yrs old, live close to Melb too. been on here for a while now.

For years i have wanted BA. have always been a 10A!. and will be planning to do it by late 2013 hopefully! (saving).

want to make the right decision on what will be right for me and find out all the info i can and the right surgeon for me. wanna check out at least 3 surgeons in my area.

This forum has been extremely helpful! To start off my journey through this ive had to get a small lump in my left breast checked out by a doctor recently and she said it could be harden breast tissue or a gland???? and not to worry about it. it only turns up right before each period n then goes away/disappears after about 7 days. i have got another appointment to get it checked out again in 2weeks and will prob go for a scan after that. no 1 in my family has had breast cancer, but will def not leave it alone. been happening for bout a yr now.

Has ne1 else had something like this???

Hi every1, im a newbie 23yrs old, live close to Melb too. been on here for a while now.

For years i have wanted BA. have always been a 10A!. and will be planning to do it by late 2013 hopefully! (saving).

want to make the right decision on what will be right for me and find out all the info i can and the right surgeon for me. wanna check out at least 3 surgeons in my area.

This forum has been extremely helpful! To start off my journey through this ive had to get a small lump in my left breast checked out by a doctor recently and she said it could be harden breast tissue or a gland???? and not to worry about it. it only turns up right before each period n then goes away/disappears after about 7 days. i have got another appointment to get it checked out again in 2weeks and will prob go for a scan after that. no 1 in my family has had breast cancer, but will def not leave it alone. been happening for bout a yr now.

Has ne1 else had something like this???

hi jade,

yes i have had something like this, a couple of years ago i had a scare on my right hand side, i even drew a pen mark around it to go to the doctor... when i went for an ultrasound it was clear, so it could have just been a hormonal thing, i get little twangs in a similar place every now and then, but i haven't really worried about having another ultrasound since

Thanks hmk1992 and Miz Lisa - I went to that seminar I mentioned earlier in the thread that Craig spoke at and he was great - I really liked him and his easy going nature! I took my best friend (who is ever the pessimist) and she loved him also so I have a really good feeling about him already.

I'm thinking of cancelling my other consultation because I haven't heard anything about this guy....??

did you cancel the other consultation or did you see him last friday??