Sign in to follow this  
boobalicious

Spray tan after BA

I am getting a spray tan this arvo... it has been 6 weeks since I had my BA.

I am getting all nervous! I don't want the chick to be staring at my new jugs and asking questions..lol..

I'm embarrassed already! :o

Do you think I should put steri strips over my incisions? They are sealed shut but I am worried...

What do you think?

Lol Boobalicious, I felt the same after my BA! I didn't get a spray tan until 2 months post op and just left my incisions uncovered. When the tan lady was spraying my stomach under my boobs I just blurted it out! Cos I was so paranoid she was staring at my boobs/incisions! We had a good laugh :)

I had a hip op and started tanning my incisions once they were about 3 or 4 weeks post op. you'll be fine so long as they're all healed up which i'd expect them to be after 6 weeks :) I really want to put fake tan on prior to my BA but refraining I feel so pasty!! haha

Boobalicious! I got a spray tan this afternoon too - one week post op. I had my 1 week checkup with Dr. Harwood before hand and told him and he sprayed the incisions with 'plastic skin' to seal them for me. I felt weird about the chick wondering about my boobs too, so I just started talking about them! Haha

That's interesting, I wonder if I could purchase this plastic skin from the pharmacy? Is it like a glue on bandaid or something? I'm also hoping to get a spray tan 1-2 weeks post as its Christmas !!

Hey I'm bumping this up so I don't have to start a new thread, I know there is one out there I just can't find it!

My op is this Thursday, now would it be stupid to put Dove Summer Glow on my body (minus where the incisions will be) tomorrow night (tues night)?

I'd love to come out of my op not feeling completely crap and pasty, but I don't want to do it if it could jeopardise my op or risk infection etc! I asked the receptionist at my surgery and she said maybe dont use it for a week before the op. So there's my answer but me being so vain and wondering if I can get away with a little bit AROUND where I will be cut. I'll also wash round the boobie area really good with antibacterial in the couple of days leading up to it.

If it's a stupid idea I'll leave it till after the girlies go in :)

Edited by livelife
spelling!

I'd just leave it. They smother you with betadine anyway so you come out with a nice glow hahaha. You're going to be bumming around whilst you recover anyway you won't be worried about being tanned from all the excitement with the new additions. ;)

Id say dont get a tan before the surgery as you want the skin clean and minimize getting any infection when they cut the skin.

I got my first spraytan done 2 weeks post op. I used waterproof bandaids over incisions and double taped on top pf it (just in case) and left it on until I had to shower the tan off 8 hrs later.

I'd leave it too, its just not worth the risk of it getting inside you. You may well have to wash with this special pre-op wash the morning of surgery anyway...I'd say if you have to do that to make sure your skin is clean then maybe leave the fake tan til after

Good luck!

I'd just leave it. They smother you with betadine anyway so you come out with a nice glow hahaha. You're going to be bumming around whilst you recover anyway you won't be worried about being tanned from all the excitement with the new additions. ;)

good decision made, I scrapped the tan! Went pasty the last week and it really wasn't that bad. I was too scared that if I rocked up for the oP with tan he may have sent me back home! You're right cbrni I'm way to excited about my new babies than to even worry about my skin colour right now! It's 415am in the hospital and I've hardly slept a wink all night!

Oh, so was I ana. I had my first one 1 week post op. Dr. H sprayed the incision with plastic skin for me. The tan stuck on the areas where I had bandages so I had big dark brown rectangles under my boobs.. it also collected where they stuck the heart rate monitors and that patch on your thigh. Took ages to come off.