Sign in to follow this  
Me_again

Do Thai surgeons use catheter for TTs and do they give antibiotics after surgery?

Maybe someone on here can answer these questions for me.

While in hospital and during surgery do Thai surgeons generally put in a catheter during TT surgeries and leave it in for a bit after?

And do we get prescribed antibiotics to prevent infections after surgery?

I'm going to Bangkok Hospital/ Dr. suchart.

thanks

Hi I had my TT here, but my BA there, (in Bangkok Hosp Phuket) and I had a catheter for both and of course antibiotics. You will definitely be given a decent course of antibiotics.....possibly 10 days?!!? (along with anti-inflamatories, painkillers) And the catheter will be possibly be in for 24 to 48 hours for your TT. I know they wanted me to get moving around so they encouraged me to get rid of it asap to help prevent DVT and get the body working again.....albeit little by little. For my BA it was in over night, but it was longer for my TT.

HTH....you'll definitely be well looked after.....just make sure you take it really easy and give your self plenty of time to recover there before returning.

chacha

I had a TT at Bumrungrad. I didn't have any ABs to take home but I did get catheterised I think for about 36 hours maybe. I did get a UTI but that was after a surgery a week later where I was catheterised only at the end of the surgery so I'm not sure where I picked it up from.

I had IV ABs for about 24-36 hours after surgery and no sign of infection so the need for ABs after this is low.

It probably depends on the Dr. Mine seemed to be quite anti medication which I liked.