Sign in to follow this  
alison92

round or teardrop??

hey i am new to this so hi everyone :)

i am having my operation done in november and i am so stuck with having teardrop or round??

i want a natural look but i also want a lot of fullness up the top which i have heard teardrop does not have fullness up the top?

I am 5'7 and 52kgs and i have a really small rib cage so i can only have the maximum of 345ccs

if anyone has any views on this please let me no :)

I always thought I wanted round until I saw an Aussie surgeon and he suggested tear drop and showed me a few photo I have since been looking at photos and I now prefer tear drop. They sit more naturally with out a bra but you can still get fullness and roundness up top with a bra.

My favourite photo is actually tear drop I have showed it to my surgeon saying that's what I want!!!

I sent a list of questions to my surgeon yesterday. I've been advised teardrops and I asked if I would have upper pole fullness. His response was that I would get some and he did send me a picture for an idea of what to expect. The patient in the pic had lovely fullness in the upper pole but not the same as with rounds. He also explained that rounds are not an option for me as I have a bony chest with next to no tissue cover and therefore would look obvious and silly.

I'm really happy with his response to my questions. I want good upper pole fullness and I'll be very happy if I have an outcome like that of the patient in the pic he sent me. Any additional fullness I'll be able to achieve with a good bra. If you'd like to see the pic, pm me with a friend request and I'll put the photo in my album.

Hi alison92,

I'm one month post-op with tear drops and I'm actually hoping for my upper pole to settle down a bit as I feel they're a bit too full up top! Tear drops will give you a nice natural slope (rounds can do the same if you have some tissue to start with) - I love the side view of my boobs at the moment :) Rounds weren't an option for me (in my mind) as I'm quite thin and bony chested. We have pretty similar stats - 175cm/54kg. What is your current breast tissue like?

xx

Hi Alison,

I agree with the other girls, it depends on the look you want. If you want the upper pole fullness or not. Also, you can't really know until you have a consult. I was thinking rounds until I went for my consult and the Dr said coz I have a small, muscular chest rounds would sit too high and look silly and wouldn't give me the natural look I was after. I was a little concerned about the risk of them turning, but he said there are a lot of scary stories on the net but in reality the risk is only about 1%.

Ok thanks this helps heaps I have been to two different surgeons and one told me teardrop and the other one said round

I have no breast tissue at all which is why I think round will look to fake on me

Mrstag how do I add you?

Hi alison92,

If you click on my nickname in my post above a menu will pop up. You can click 'add as contact' and 'private message'. ,Add as contact' is the friend request. You can also do this by clicking on 'view profile', or direct from your own profile page. Hope that helps.