Sign in to follow this  
AussieGuy

Some advice for a newcomer!

Hi,

Im male, 31 years old. I have been seriously considering rhinoplasty for some time now, and I have decided to get a bit more serious with my research!

I have a deviated septum, and I would also like overall nose reduction procedure.

Reading the forums is a little daunting for myself, as I am not sure of which path I should choose:

Book directly with hospital

Organise a health travel agent (excuse my terminology)

Basically I would like to see a reputable surgeon, in a reputable hospital.

If anyone could provide some insight to the process which I should follow for either, pro's and con's, how long I should take off work, things to watch out for... basically any information that could assist in making the right decision would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

hey AussiGuy,

I am due to have rhinoplasty in December with dr Suchart at bangkok hospital,

background on my nose, I have a deviated septum, the tip on my nose is slighty crooked (due to a punch on my nose), I have a small hump on the bridge and i'd like a the tip refined too.... ouffff so that's pettry much everything,

in the same time Ill have a BA but not sure if this is of any interest for you,

anyway organisation is the same, you can contact some facilitors, they'll organise everything for you, I personally booked everything myself, been to thailand many times and I found the process super easy, the hospital really make the process smoother and try to accomodate your needs to a maximum,

you should contact bangkok hospital bangkok, bangkok hospital phuket, bumrungrad, PIAC or dr Kunachak (yorskarn clinic) get different quote and see what the different doctors recommend for your procedure,

good luck

Hi Naja08,

Thankyou heaps for the time you took to reply, appreciate it!

Sad to hear you were puched, never a good thing! When you say "facilitators" I assume you mean someone that can help organise things? Is there anyone you would recommend? (I am very fresh to the terminology)

What you are getting done sounds pretty similar to what I need, what is very daunting for me is getting over there and everything falling apart!

December isnt far away, you must be getting excited?

Hey hey,

There are many companies that can help you, hard to tell which one is the best really,

Global health travel, bangkok makeover, medi makeover are some of top of my head.... All have they pros & cons!!

Once the booking is done everything is so real. The hospital is very serious and helpful, there is no reason it will fall apart!!! Take the plunge

And YES super excited!!!! Will let you know my outcome with dr Suchart

I have been emailing Rachel from Bangkok makeovers the last few days and Dr. Suchart's name came up. I am leaning towards going with him however I cannot seem to find many reviews, especially on rhino.

So I will definitely be asking you how you went with Dr Suchart!

After some trouble with bm I organized everything through the hospital too and I'm also going with dr. Suchart. He s got an excellent reputation. You can email him directly through the Bangkok hospital website. Good luck with it all.