Sign in to follow this  
Molly87

Alcohol before surgery

Hi Girls, I'm just wondering how long before surgery do you have to stop drinking alcohol? I was going to have my daughters birthday party 3 days before my surgery (vaser lipo, BA and lift), and its always nice to have a few drinks with friends.

Thanks

Agree with Blonde my Ps suggested 2-3 weeks before and 2 weeks after, I know it's hard, had some functions before mine ,but just had to remind myself that it was a small thing to give up in the larger picture.

Hey hun I had nothing from my doc about alcohol before, only after...I went out to a function 4 days before my BA and had a few drinks, it was fine, I think as long as you're not going crazy getting drunk there's no issue. My sis is a nurse and she said it shouldn't be an issue either - the prob is more after, while you're on medications etc

On the paper work from my PS it says 48 hours prior and 3 days post :) No way was I ready to drink 3 days post surgery though!

Honestly, as long as your not righting yourself off and are only having a few you should be right. The thing with alcohol is that it thinnens the blood and can cause an issue with bleeding during your op. Provided it's a few days before you should be fine :)

My PS required no drinking for 3 days before, and until antibiotics were finished after. However, i didnt drink for about a month or so beforehand as i am not a big drinker anyway (and tend to binge when i do haha) and i wanted to be as healthy going into my Op as possible so my recovery went as smooth as possible.

iMasterRepair: iMaster Repair is your number one stop for professional iPhone, iPad, iPod and even your Apple Laptops repair needs. Our skilled technicians know your Apple product inside and out. iGadget ResQ - Professional Apple service and repair center for iPad repair, iPod repair, Macbook repair. We offer Apple iPhone repair, as well as Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod and Laptop parts and services for all Apple products. At iMaster Repair, we get you up and working fast, from seamless glass repairs for iPhone’s to Macbook liquid damage repairs.