Jump to content
Kit

Anyone else worried about uneven dropping?

Recommended Posts

I know I am only 3 weeks post op but I can’t help feeling worried about one side dropping before the other.  My right breast has dropped and looking nice and round, however my left side is still high and not as nice shape.

For those that have experienced this, did both sides even out eventually and how long did it take?

P.S. I had teardrop dual plane 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kit said:

I know I am only 3 weeks post op but I can’t help feeling worried about one side dropping before the other.  My right breast has dropped and looking nice and round, however my left side is still high and not as nice shape.

For those that have experienced this, did both sides even out eventually and how long did it take?

P.S. I had teardrop dual plane 

Hey @Kit it is possible for them to drop at different rates and look a bit different. It's rare for breasts to be identical - sisters, not twins!! However, if you have concerns and feel sth is not quite right, please call your surgeon and make an appointment to discuss your concerns with them. xo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @sabP I had an appointment with my surgeon last week and he wasn’t too concerned about it.  He suggested gently massaging the top of the implant down twice a day.  I go back in 3 months for a follow up.  

I guess I am just after other people’s experiences of the same issue and how/when it was resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My breasts dropped and fluffed at different rates throughout my whole recovery up until about 10 mpo then they evened out miraculously over night 😂,  3 wks i still pretty early in the recovery so give it sime more time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kit every recovery is diffrent and it all depends on how tight your chest muscles were before surgery the typ of implant, placement ect as how things are going to progress so it may not take 10 months for you but i just wanted to let you know that it is a process and it can take quite a while so don't get discouraged just yet. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 7:29 AM, Kit said:

Hi @I HaveBoobs - 10months yikes! That must of been frustrating for you! Looks like I may have along wait ahead then 😳

Have yours evened out at all yet Kit??

 

im dealing with the same issue and it’s hard not to worry! I’m 2 weeks post op and now wearing a compress band along with the bra! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Glissm,

I’m sorry to hear you are going through the same thing but it does get better!

I am 7 weeks post op now and both sides are almost the same. The left one just looks abit fuller/faker in the upper pole which I am still conscious of but it is a huge improvement.  None of my friends noticed until I pointed it out so I think we are our own worst enemies some times.

I have also stopped massaging the stubborn side too now as per surgeons instructions as he wants the pocket to stay snug and not stretch out anymore than required.  So hopefully the last little bit will settle in it’s own time.

Good luck with yours and hope the compression strap isn’t too annoying for you 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kit said:

Hi @Glissm,

I’m sorry to hear you are going through the same thing but it does get better!

I am 7 weeks post op now and both sides are almost the same. The left one just looks abit fuller/faker in the upper pole which I am still conscious of but it is a huge improvement.  None of my friends noticed until I pointed it out so I think we are our own worst enemies some times.

I have also stopped massaging the stubborn side too now as per surgeons instructions as he wants the pocket to stay snug and not stretch out anymore than required.  So hopefully the last little bit will settle in it’s own time.

Good luck with yours and hope the compression strap isn’t too annoying for you 😊

 

Thanks hun! That’s comforting to know that u have seen results with time! I’m just a bit impatient right now!

 

I just get worried that the strap is going to push my good side down more! I’m not seeing my doc for another 5 weeks.... already sick of this strap and it’s been 3 days!

he showed me a video of myself immediately post op sitting up on the operating table and they looked so nice and even! But then said he may have contributed to this as my ribs are slightly asymmetrical so it may be internally sutured a little higher on the right!?!? I’m just hoping the fact that they looked so perfect immediately post op means they will drop into place the same.... I’m pretty lopsided right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Kitand @Glissm I am already having the same thoughts so great to read your comments here!! 3 days post op and already wondering if my left side will drop into place like my right side (crazy lady hey) but it is our body and we only want the best outcome right... my PS said up to 3 months?? I would love to see your early photos compared to now where breasts have balanced out if you're happy to share? Take care hope all's well xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nic#460cc said:

Hey @Kitand @Glissm I am already having the same thoughts so great to read your comments here!! 3 days post op and already wondering if my left side will drop into place like my right side (crazy lady hey) but it is our body and we only want the best outcome right... my PS said up to 3 months?? I would love to see your early photos compared to now where breasts have balanced out if you're happy to share? Take care hope all's well xx

Awww damn! At least I’m not alone! I’m sure time is what will make this all better but I can’t help but scrutinise them every damn day! 

 

My PS told me I’m just going to have to be patient... he also said up to 3 months... . He did tell me that he may have contributed to it because he thinks my ribs are slightly asymmetrical but my video immediately post op was pretty much perfect! My left one (which is the one which has dropped already) was a bit saggier and had more loose skin pre op due to breastfeeding..... but my boobs weren’t obviously asymmetrical.... my right one now needs to drop and fluff like crazy and it’s almost like my left is already D&F completely.... but not sure that can happen in 2 weeks! But it looks pretty perfect right now to me! Not sure I really want my left to D&F anymore than it already has!

ill post a pic of them in the morning!

i hope your recovering well! I’m sure we all just need to be patient! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look amazing, but I can see what you mean about one sitting higher than the other. How many weeks post surgery are you atm and what size did you choose? Was it 7 or 11 weeks post surgery for you, sorry can't recall...the size looks great.....and no lift for you either, just implant?? I must look like Frankenstein in my photos...haha!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nic#460cc said:

They look amazing, but I can see what you mean about one sitting higher than the other. How many weeks post surgery are you atm and what size did you choose? Was it 7 or 11 weeks post surgery for you, sorry can't recall...the size looks great.....and no lift for you either, just implant?? I must look like Frankenstein in my photos...haha!!

I’m only 2.5 weeks post op..... so very early days... but so uneven and can’t help but worry! Wearing a compression strap as well as bra to help the right come down. I got 450cc dual plane, no lift just implants.

i love the left one tho.... hope she doesn’t drop anymore! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Nic#460cc, I don’t feel comfortable sharing pics online as my husband was very against the surgery in the first place and would be absolutely horrified if I posted photos of myself online 😩

Hi @Glissm, your boobs look amazing and hopefully it won’t be long until your high side drops.  It will get there, but might just take a while.  I know it is very frustrating in the mean time. 😔

I am 7 weeks post op now and would say I am about 90% even.  I still have a wide cleavage unfortunately but hoping it will be less noticeable as the edges soften up abit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kit said:

Hi @Nic#460cc, I don’t feel comfortable sharing pics online as my husband was very against the surgery in the first place and would be absolutely horrified if I posted photos of myself online 😩

Hi @Glissm, your boobs look amazing and hopefully it won’t be long until your high side drops.  It will get there, but might just take a while.  I know it is very frustrating in the mean time. 😔

I am 7 weeks post op now and would say I am about 90% even.  I still have a wide cleavage unfortunately but hoping it will be less noticeable as the edges soften up abit.

Thanks hun for the reassurance! I totally get where u are coming from! 

 

I just hope that that my right side will eventually drop... everything I read and see online tells me it will but it still doesn’t stop me from worrying and scrutinising them! It just looks so weird!!!!!  My right is still very square looking so I think that it hasnt D&F at all.... and it makes sense that my left has seeing as it was slightly looser due to breastfeeding.... but I’m so impatient and worried I’ll end up back in the operating room to lower it! Gahhhh wish it would just drop already! 

 

Hopefully ur gap comes closer as they fluff out more! 7 weeks is still so early (should be taking my own advice but I’m my own worst critic right now!!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look amazing, but I can see what you mean about one sitting higher than the other. How many weeks post surgery are you atm and what size did you choose? Was it 7 or 11 weeks post surgery for you, sorry can't recall...the size looks great.....and no lift for you either, just implant?? I must look like Frankenstein in my photos...haha!!

 

Hey @Kit, no problem with the photos, I completely understand. I'm the polar opposite, nearly everyone who's come to visit me gets a full frontal view of my new boobs (admittedly I have a lot of nurse friends which is very handy 😉) but I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from too. Keep on healing well xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there, my LH side is possibly starting to drop down a little...I'm 11 days post surgery...still so impatient. Taking an Endone once a day...(.towards end of day) to see me through, I feel fantastic then! Hope you are well too???

20190901_121545.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nic#460cc said:

Hey there, my LH side is possibly starting to drop down a little...I'm 11 days post surgery...still so impatient. Taking an Endone once a day...(.towards end of day) to see me through, I feel fantastic then! Hope you are well too???

20190901_121545.jpg

Yeah yours look like they are dropping! U must be so relieved!!!! Mine unfortunately are still not.... my right one has not moved at all despite wearing this bloody strap! I’ve been wearing the strap for 2 weeks tomorrow..... and I’m 4 weeks post op now! Starting to loose hope and think I may be headed back to the OR! Next appointment with PS isn’t until the end of this month as he is away.... I’ll keep wearing the strap and pray.... but I don’t see it coming down!

 

im physically feeling really great! If it wasn’t for the strap id be in no discomfort! I have had a few hours here and there without it on due to commitments and it’s impossible to hide under clothing.... and when I’m not wearing it I feel great! The strap just adds that pressure and heaviness back.... but without it I’m fine! Mentally tho.. not so great..... starting to get really frustrated and annoyed..... and hurt my neck sleeping last night so I’m just getting over it at this point!

 

glad to hear yours are dropping tho and ur feeling well!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nic#460cc your girls look great! Your Left does look like it’s starting to drop 😃 glad the endone is keeping your comfy! Are you back st work?

 

@Glissmyou must be beside yourself! I know I would be! Your PS did say it will take some time tho, and others on here have said the same...try and keep positive? Must be so hard. I would be stressing too so I get it!

 

im doing well. I love them! Think they might be bit close together but hubby says I’m picky and doesn’t understand why took close together isn’t good as he thinks they are perfect! That’s s relief tho I guess too as was worried they would feel n look fake but they def don’t!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, margaretriver said:

@Nic#460cc your girls look great! Your Left does look like it’s starting to drop 😃 glad the endone is keeping your comfy! Are you back st work?

 

@Glissmyou must be beside yourself! I know I would be! Your PS did say it will take some time tho, and others on here have said the same...try and keep positive? Must be so hard. I would be stressing too so I get it!

 

im doing well. I love them! Think they might be bit close together but hubby says I’m picky and doesn’t understand why took close together isn’t good as he thinks they are perfect! That’s s relief tho I guess too as was worried they would feel n look fake but they def don’t!!

Thanks.... PS said up to 3 months.... but I haven’t seen them move at all after 2 weeks of wearing that strap! From what I’ve read others have worn the strap for only 2 weeks and seen results.... I think I’m just a bit fed up with it and sick of sleeping on my back! I love love love my other one.... if my stubborn one can drop I’m going to be over the freakin moon! 

 

I love boobs that are close together tho! I bet they look amazing!! Mine are quite close even tho one won’t bloody D&F! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @GlissmI’m starting to move around to the boobs looking good close together- I’ve noticed a couple of older women with them closer, they look softer and less bolt on, so to me, they look younger. I do love my boobs, so glad I got it done, should have done it 5 years ago rather than over think things as my daughter is fine with it and my sons haven’t noticed (not that they commenting or asking hubby about anyway)!

 

i am so hoping you get progress soon! Would be ***** to go through this and then still have to have a revision- crossing everything they behave for you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...