Sign in to follow this  
BA2012

My surgery with - Associate Professor Mark Ashton

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd fill everyone in on my experience. I got to the hospital (France's perry house) just after 7am, was admitted and left in my room which is amazing and spacious. I don't know if I'm lucky but this room is more than I could ask for considering hospital rooms are usually cramp and one thing I love is there is no hospital smell!!!!

Anyway got wheeled into the surgery just before 9 saw mark decided on the 400's and he drew me up!! Went in all the nurses were lovely and humerous and then anaesthetist was gorgeous. I felt so comfortable and at ease I was really surprised by how not nervous I was.

Woke up in recovering shaking and emotional haha this even happens last time I went under one of the nurses a hello said to the other nurse is that normal! The pain was surprisingly fine, just discomfort and tightness in the chest.

Wheeled back into my room where my mum aunty and best friend were waiting for me, so nice to have familiar faces there. Had a peek and they look amazing I haven't got up yet so haven't had a full view but I am so beyond happy. The nurses are wonderful they come in every 30 mins to do their observations and every so often check my drains. The nurse just said I have minimal swelling and no bruising she said they're fantastic ;)

I get to see mark this evening and tomorrow morning but all in all thus far it has been a great experience! Can't recommend mark enough and a big thank you to missSJ for being on this forum as I doubt I would have found him without her!!!

Another successful surgery, Congratulations!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your wonderful result!! Well, I am sure they will turn out amazing, no doubts about that!!

Rest up, take care of yourself!!!

Have a smooth recovery!!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! So happy for you!

I'm so glad you found the whole experience as pleasant as I did. They were all so so wonderful when I was there.

Happy healing, can't wait to see your results. Hope you love your new boobage as much as I love mine! :D

Thanks for the support ladies!! Livkat I dot have that nurse but the nurse I do have is amazing and the girl with her who is training so lovely!!! Besides a little bit of nausea I am beyond happy! Got my little button to press for a dose or morphine haha ;)

Congrats, cbrni!!!!!!! So you to know you have an positive experience with your surgery and oh...the "little button" must have worked wonder. Haha!!! Im sure it must be very tempting to push that little button when things get a bit uncomfortable..... just an humble reminder from me, be careful as I really don;t want to see you get too "obsess" with that little button when you should be obsess with your new booies instead. ;)

Have a restful night and recover fast!!!

Hahaha you can only have a dose every 5 minutes I think! I was actually trying to avoid it unless I really need it but the nurse said to keep taking it as I need to do some deep breathing and it will be uncomfortable and painful if I don't have the pain relief. Livkat you're so funny maybe they upgraded their equipment. I haven't looked at them in the mirror but have been taking photos of them from my bed haha yayyyyyyyy for mark and yayyyy for boobs!

I have IBS too hahahaha yep panadol but I have some endone at home hehehe just incase it gets a little sore! I think I experienced morning boob today I just popped 2 panadols and 2 doses of morphine and haven't moved since! The nurses are so funny and encourage your to take it, initially I left it for only if I realllly need it but they say to take it often!

It's so good to hear that everything is going well. I hope you dont mind I FR you. I'm going in next week and am starting to get a little nervous so am reading everyones post op stories. Thanks for keeping us updated and hope recovery is all good.

Hi cbrni - congrats on the surgery and I hope you recovered well! You sound very cheerful which can only be good!

I have an app with Dr Ashton and am glad to hear your happy success story! Will keep reading but it sounds like you wluld definitely recommend him? Would love your feedback. Is there a forum for Melb girls? I am new amd not sure how this forum works hehe

i was just wondering how much the surgery was for you..i have a appt monday but found a surgeon today that i really like and not sure i want to pay another 200 consult fee if mark ashton surgery is more expensive...can you or anyone give me a idea..i seen dr bruce fox today and was very pleased with him..thank you;)

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd fill everyone in on my experience. I got to the hospital (France's perry house) just after 7am, was admitted and left in my room which is amazing and spacious. I don't know if I'm lucky but this room is more than I could ask for considering hospital rooms are usually cramp and one thing I love is there is no hospital smell!!!!

Anyway got wheeled into the surgery just before 9 saw mark decided on the 400's and he drew me up!! Went in all the nurses were lovely and humerous and then anaesthetist was gorgeous. I felt so comfortable and at ease I was really surprised by how not nervous I was.

Woke up in recovering shaking and emotional haha this even happens last time I went under one of the nurses a hello said to the other nurse is that normal! The pain was surprisingly fine, just discomfort and tightness in the chest.

Wheeled back into my room where my mum aunty and best friend were waiting for me, so nice to have familiar faces there. Had a peek and they look amazing I haven't got up yet so haven't had a full view but I am so beyond happy. The nurses are wonderful they come in every 30 mins to do their observations and every so often check my drains. The nurse just said I have minimal swelling and no bruising she said they're fantastic ;)

I get to see mark this evening and tomorrow morning but all in all thus far it has been a great experience! Can't recommend mark enough and a big thank you to missSJ for being on this forum as I doubt I would have found him without her!!!