Sign in to follow this  
NikiH

What will you be packing?

I know I still have a little while before I need to start packing...Just wondering if there is anything extra that I should consider packing in my suitcase?

I know I will need a support bra (any reccommendations?) What about clothing? I was thinking just a few tank-tops or T-shirts, but maybe I will have to buy a size or two bigger to fit over my new boobies?

I also thought about taking a thermometer so I can keep an eye on my temp in case of infection. Probably not necessary but I am a little over cautious like that, I always pack LOTS of medicine/antiseptics/bandaids etc when I go overseas. I know that my friend had a TT and she taped her incision after the stictches came out. Do you do this after a BA/Lift? She said it helped with scarring and gave extra support to the skin when it was healing. If so, do I bring my own tape?

I am taking kindle with lots of books downloaded and my laptop...

So what are you packing????

I'm not going until February and I already started my list last night haha I'm obsessed. Other than what you've got I wrote antibacterial soap and some wet ones to freshen up incase I can't shower. Some loose tops too that you can just pull up from the bottom so you don't need to lift your arms.

Ok... I have made a rather large list so prepare yourself ;)

-Post Op Bra from Target (does up at the front, $16 at the moment)

-Marena Pressure Bra (bought secondhand $20)

-Micropore tape

-Bio Oil/Rosehip oil

-Cocobutter Moisturiser

-Arnica (start taking two weeks before)

-Panadol

-Kelocate silicone gel

-Perhaps thrush treatment (if your susceptible to it while on antibiotics)

-ice packs

-heat packs

-neck pillow

-shirts/loose dresses that do up at the front

-long straws

.. and thats it atm :)

hi take high protection sunblock. I wore a ahh bra type thing under my surgical bras and sports bra as they have no seams at all and made all my bras so much more comfortable on my incisions. Also on your flight home have no carry on luggage check it all in so you dont have to lift it and cart it around airport getting it in the overhead lockers could be difficult.

Im packed ready to go bras, a couple of loose dresses, pair of mc hammer pants, loose tops , hoodie jacket, undies went first asi always forget them lol ..... And all toiletries done ..... I will buy stuff over there that's why I'm not taking a real lot ...

5 weeks tomorrow until I leave oz yay!!!!

Mum05

Lexie, i just started a thread coz im confused with the micropore tape. How long are you going to put it on your incisions for? Do we need to keep wearing that even while we are waiting for the scabs to come off? I thought they would have to be left open to dry out :confused:

:)

Laura: Arnica is for swelling/bruising. Doctors recomend taking it (tablet form or oral spray) once a day for two weeks before surgery then on the week leading up to surgery twice a day (its herbal so wont be a problem if your Dr has said no drugs). Also keep taking if for as long as needed afterwards (maybe around a week?). It helps reduce the swelling and bruising you get post op. And yes I'll start with bio oil/rose hip or cocobutter (whichever I decide on - maybe a mixture!) in about 1 week (so a month out) to try and make my skin as supple as possible. I'm not super prone to stretch marks but I do have a few on my hips from weight gain/loss so want to try and avoid it if possible!

Considering: I'm not sure how long you'll need to leave it on for, I'm assuming my Dr will let me know (I just wanted to get some in Aus as its really cheap and I know exactly what I'm getting). I guess you'll keep it on until the wound has healed and you have your stitches taken out (or dissolved depending on incision). I know some people keep it on for longer over the scar and just bio oil over the top.

And how exciting Mum05!! I'm just over 6weeks out and CANT WAIT :)

Good idea about the carry on, never thought of that? Unless I get someone to help me with it?

Dried prunes

Ipad

loose pants and tops (I"m also getting some lipo while I'm there)

Toiletries

Have been told I can buy my recovery bras and suites at the hospital

Not sure what else? I am going to try and pack as lightly as possible

I think my husband is getting more excited than I am!!

Biggest recommendation is LOOSE tops - anything you can easily pull up over your hips is best as getting anything on over your head will be difficult for the first few days, but pulling things up was hard for me too so nothing too tight!!

This thread is great! I leave in a week, EEEEeeeekkk!!!

Flight and Surgery are all paid for, my photos of what i do and dont want are printed and in a folder with all the other info regarding my travel, transfers, travel insurance etc..

So now I am starting to plan what to pack and start making sure eveything at home is organsied for my kids while I am away.

So far on my list I have:

*Folder with all paper work (as above)

*Ipad - Loaded with TV episodes, movies and a book or 2.

* Noise cancelling head phones

* Horse Shoe Pillow - (I know its a large item to take with me, but I think it will be worth taking)

* Arnica and Natural Laxatives

* Panadol

* Toiletrys

* Passport and some Thai Baht.

* Tops that button up at the front

* Tops that I can pull up over my hips

* Shorts

* Light Weight Cardigan

* Sun Dress

* MC Hammer Stlye Pants

* Camera & charger

* Sun Block

* Everyones Measurments for clothes/shoes etc... so I can do some xmas shopping while I am there.

Lexie what is arnica?

Should I start putting rose hip oil on before surgery? I reallllly don't want stretch marks

Laura,

I have started using bio oil every morning and night just massaging them and making sure that they are going to be stretchy and ready to move around :)

Hi!...

I'm flying out on Monday 5th November, and my surgery is booked on the 6th November, originally it was for 7th but my surgeon had to move it up a day due to mix up in scheduling- am now kinda freaking out... like in a good way coz i'm so excited!!

but does anyone know where can i get arnica in Sydney? i've been reading it a lot here but cannot seem to find it in stores?? help please?!

xx

Some more things that are on my list -

Anti bacterial wipes/gel

Dry shampoo

Neck pillow or wedge pillow

Metamucil

Baby wipes

Loofah on a stick

Waterproof dressing

Diflam throat lozenges

Medications (stomach cramps, stomach upset, panadol etc)

Lip gloss

Slippers

Gel ice packs and heat packs/wheat bag