Sign in to follow this  
millypede

Bangkok or Phuket for BA?

Hi Girls,

I've started researching BA in Thailand and am overwhelmed with all the travel agencies, hospital, accommodation & surgeon options.

1. Can anyone help recommend a great surgeon & booking agency?

2. Has anyone traveled peak season? - I don't have a choice with work and was wondering if the agency packages are only available for non-peak or should I just book direct?

3. I can't decide between Bangkok & Phuket as a surgery destination, Phuket would be more relaxing for recovery but i have't heard much about the surgeons who work at PIAC or Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Thanks heaps girlies <3

I am going to Phuket because I also want a nice recovery destination :) I am staying at Blue Ocean Resort.

There are plenty of good reviews of both PIAC and BHP on this forum! Just have a quick search.

Some of the most popular surgeons at BHP are Dr Piyapas, Dr Witoon and Dr Jib (Im going with Dr Piyapas)

And PIAC there is Dr Veerwat, Dr Boonchai and I can't remember others!

Unless your main concern is money, Bangkok is cheaper and there are no peak seasons for accommodation etc over there.

There are lots of good surgeons in Phuket! I'm tossing up between dr witoon Bangkok hospital and dr boonchai PIAC

Ive been doing lots of research on surgeons/hospitals in Phuket so I would be happy to help with any I can!

thanks for all the replies girls,

I'm booking with a friend who isn't sure if she can afford peak so Bangkok might be the way to go, unless can get some good package deals closer to the time as it's still over a year away (can't get work off sooner...meeeerrr)

Laura thanks for all you Doc. reccomendations, did you choose based on reviews or were you able to come accross before & after pics?

Rose how did you decide between those two? were you able to see pictures of their work? It's soo hard finding any pictures, where in Oz they advertise their before & after's everywhere

xx

I haven't decided yet! :/ haha

PIAC will send you before and after pics of the surgeon your booking with and also I found a lot of girls on here. Everyone on here is pretty good with letting you see pics!

I'm just leaning towards boonchai as he does the silimed furry Brazillian implants and witoon doesn't...

Hi amelia-dione,

I am booked with Dr Piyapas at Bangkok Hospital Phuket in March 2013. I have chose Phuket as it is much nicer than Bangkok and i am travelling with family. There is so much info out there!

Goodluch with your search! :-)

Yeah I have just read plenty of reviews!! All good on Dr Piyapas so I chose him :) Also from the photos the girls on here post.

The lady who owns the company I'm going through went with Dr Witoon 4 years ago and she loves hers and my friend went with Dr Jib and hers are amazing!

I had my surgery with Dr Piyapas 6 weeks ago, and phuket was a lovely place to relax and recover. We took the kids, hubby was great with them, and we got quite a bit of us time as our resort had a terrific kids club, I really did feel like we had a holiday (after a week of recovery!). We went to Bangkok at the end our our holiday and it was crazy and exhausting. Lots of girls have loved it there and had brilliant surgery....and I hear it's a bit cheaper, but for me and the family it would have been all too much with the op as well. Bangkok Hopsital Phuket was amazing and I would highly recommend it. I had BA and lower lid surgery, and my teeth whitened, and am very happy with all :)

chacha

Laura are you able to name the company on hear so I can look them up?

What girls should I search to see before & after pictures of Dr Jib & Dr Piyapas? (Best wishes Laura!)

The before & after pictures at Restored Beauty on the link below for Dr. Kampanart Tangamatakul look amazing, but I can't find any info on him on this forum, have you girls herd of him?

Rose - I emailed PIAC but they wont resond to me because I told them I was first enquiring through an agent (silly lol) but they were taking a while to respond, then PIAC said they only take one point of contact and now they wont reply to my emails :(

http://www.restoredbeautygetaways.com/ba-breast-enlargement.php

I did the same! I was originally going through restored beauty getaways but I wasn't happy with them so I emailed PIAC and said now I wanted to go directly throught them. They were fine with that!

Im going to Bangkok for mine and it wasnt for money reasons as I chose my surgeon (Dr Teerasit) first. Recoverywise I'm hoping Bangkok isnt too bad but if it is we'll travel to one of the nearby beach towns an stay the end of our week there.

Definately look Dr Teerasit up from Bumrungrad, his work is amazing :)

I am going with Dr Jib at BHP in February. I have found a fair few girls (check out my friends list) that have been with dr jib. Or type in the blue search button dr jib or pongsatorn which is his real name and stories come up :) MrsForman went with dr jib and she has YouTube videos of her whole journey it's great! Just YouTube mrs Forman breast augmentation journey!

I have also booked directly through the hospital and they have been so great helping me in anyway. Mark is the contact I have had and he gets back to me with at least a day.

Hope this helps and Goodluck :)

I didn't feel 100% confident in what the lady was telling me.. And quite slow to reply to emails.

I felt like it was really just a push for me to boom rather than addressing my concerns (which if they did I would have happily book!)

I decided to contact the hospital directly and was very impressed with BHP responses they were very quick! Usually within 30mins (I wanted days for a response from RBG) and am currently still waiting for a reply I sent months ago :p

The hospitals are great to deal with and you can book yourself cheaper acc and flights and save $400 from the agency!

Hi Rose, yes I was finding that too with tonnes of agents.

I've only sent one my pictures, the agent was responding every day or so & I haven't heard from her in 2 weeks now regarding accommodation. If she didn't have prices available that far in advance it would have been nice to be told from the beginning.

I booked a Phuket holiday last yr & and it was just too stressful organising it, without boobs lol. I don't mind paying the booking fee this time around just to kick back if I get onto a good agent, otherwise I will take your lead :)

Hi Laura,

I emailed Cosmetic Holidays International today, Claire was a great help responding withing the day. She gave me quotes for this summer peak to give me an idea of what it will cost me next summer.

Do you know why BA is quotes 125,000 at BHP & only 115,000 at PIAC?

How did u ending up deciding to book with CHI? Thanks again x

Yeah BHP is a better hospital I think :) And has the JCI accreditation. I decided on CHI because they offer insurance to their clients that can cover you to fly back to thailand if something goes wrong. Insurance was very important for me and my parents so that made my initial decision to have a look at CHI... I originally looked at Cosmeditour, but I decided on CHI straight after meeting Claire. She was so much nicer and so genuine compared to the other. I felt more comfortable.. Also just the way she spoke about the surgeons and hospital you could tell she genuinely cares for them

Laura & Rose you have been a massive help!

Pretty sure I've now decided to go with Dr Jib, Dr Witoon or Dr Piyaphas.

Laura did CHI have much choice accommodation wise, whilst I wait for a reply from Claire, as I'm organising it for a friend too who may not have as much $$ to spend coz peak...

She doesn't really have any deals like some of the others do. She just works with a travel agent to try get some cheap flight and accommodation packages I think. I'm not too sure cause my dad had a flight centre voucher so we booked through them. Claire just organises my surgery and insurance side of things :)

Hi Laura,

Claire has responded, I'm sooo excited!!! She also is involved in the Fitness Industry : ANB, INBA. I'm looking to compete next yr so she would be a great contact to have too.

It's just hard coz Im organising for a gf at same time who doesn't have the Internet at home for research. I've pretty much decided on hospital, doc, agent etc. but I don't want to have to settle for something I don't like because we like different options. & BA is such a big decsion...hopefully we can work it out eeek.

Thanks girls xx