Sign in to follow this  
wantbbs

Excited and unsure

Hi guys!!

Im new to the forum and thought id put a bit of my BA story up for everyone. So I have finally booked in my BA. I have my final sizing in November and having my op in early December :) looking a getting 450cc silicone round moderate textured implants placed under the muscle through an inframammary incision. I have a wide chest and broad shoulders and the surgeon has recommended 550cc but I'm not 100% on going that big. I'm 21 and from Perth and never been happy with the shape and size of my breasts. Everyone keeps telling me I shouldn't do it and I don't need to. It's hard trying to get people to understand it will help boost my confidence a lot as its always been a think I have been conscious about.

Haven't been able to find much on here about other who have silimed implants and if they are really happy with them.

Hi wantbbs, first of all, congrats on your decision to get boobs!

Alot of girls on this forum wished they had of gone bigger than they did when getting their breasts done. If your going to spend that much money on them you want them perfect! Apparently having boobs is too easy to get used to.=)

I would trust your surgeon on size, (who is your surgeon btw), they have the experience and will know what will suit your body shape best.

I'm going through the same stuff with my family and friends, but in the end I'm doing because I want to and no one can claim that its for someone else. In my opinion if you don't like something about yourself and you have the means, why not fix it! People get braces when their teeth are crooked and work out and diet when they want to slim up so what's the difference! In the end it all comes down to beauty.

Everyone with tough to convince family and friends always recommends making them do their own research, perhaps point them in the way of this forum so they can see how many people love it and how confident they feel afterwards. I will be doing this when my mother starts speaking to me again=)

Keep us updated girl and good luck!

Welcome to the forum wantbbs :) First of all, it isn't anyone elses decision, it is yours, so ignore {or better yet, don't talk to people about it who you suspect could be negative} what anyone else has to say! Also, sizing is very personal. If you are unsure and concerned 550cc is too large, discuss this with your doctor and ask what other options you have. Also, try some rice sizers for a while {you will be surprised how quickly you can get used to size this way}.

There are LOTS of girls and information on here about silimed implants, try a forum search and you will turn up alot of information on them.

Best of luck :)

Miss_A my surgeon is Timothy Hewitt. He was fantastic in the first consult explained heaps and told me about issues he had had with other patients, showed me a bunch of pics etc. Even explained that the pain difference is quite a bit for getting unders or overs is quite significant. He also will give me just over 2 weeks off work s I can get it as sick leave and not lose any money :)

They are quite adamant that I don't drive for 2 weeks after the op and that I rest up and let myself heal. Also I must wear the post op compression bra for 6 weeks 24 hours a day :/

After discussing with my mum I thinking might go with the larger size, don't want to be disappointed after spending that much money (quoted $11000 btw)

Also staying overnight at the hospital, cost extra but think it will be worth it not to have to do anything for 2 days haha. My op is a 8am so I should get plenty of rest afterwards.

Hahha im getting so excited and it's still over a month away (Dec 6th)