Sign in to follow this  
Me_again

Questions about abdominal binders or compression wear?

Hi,

I was wondering which compression wear everyone preferred? Where you bought yours (websites?)? How long you have to wear them? Is there a stage 1 and stage 2 in compression wear that is for right after surgery and then a bit later?

Thanks

Hi Me_again. I woke up wearing a binder - its a thick stretchy piece of elastic with velcro to hold it in place. The hospital provided it.

I used it for the first 2 weeks, but then it started to get annoying, and its not very flattering to go out with it under your clothes.

I found this would have been better than wearing something you had to pull down & up when going to the loo, cos it uses too many muscles to pull, lol.

Then I switched to wearing those high (reaches under your boobs) control undies. I have couple of miracle suit brand as I would wear them post op anyway. I'm going to keep wearing these for the next month or so, I guess until the swelling is under control.

My PS didn't really turn out to be a big advocate of buying special compression garments, so I just did whatever felt right.

I didn't have lipo either, so your case may be different? Or if you end up getting a body lift that's also another story.

There's a website called make me heal which has some good stuff on there, I think a few girls here have used them.

Can you check with your PS?

My PS was quite specific about the compression garments, and had to go and get fitted for them. The binder which sounds like what Sydneymum had, is a one size fits all, and as far as I am concerned is a pain in the butt. I am supposed to wear it for 6 weeks, but going to discuss this with my PS on Tuesday to see if there isnt something else. I have a very short waist, and it seems to either dig into my thighs or stab into the breast lift scars. The bra is quite comfortable, but is a bit high under the arms, but can live with it. Both my garments were put on in surgery already.

My surgeon provided one like the ones on the website below. Check them out. They were comfy for while and great that I didn't have to undo them to go to the toilet at the beginning and they're adjustable. But a few weeks post op I then changed to some super tight control pants (shorts) that went up to the bust line.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93854

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=33107

cheers

chacha

Thanks for the links. I had only seen the "one piece" ones and not those 3 panel ones before. So each panel can be adjusted to suit? How stiff are they or is this just really wide elastic material?