Sign in to follow this  
pattytrixia

Clothes shopping!

How are we post-op ladies going with clothes shopping?

My boobs have become a bittersweet obstacle. I had to give-away a whole bunch of dresses and shirts because low and behold.. my boobs are totally squashed or the zippers don't do up near my boobs.

NOW when I go shopping I'm trying to find size 14-16 purely so my boobs fit the outfit and having to have the waist taken in, because I'm a 12!

YUP! I'm hearing ya honey!!! I lost alot of lovely designer dresses because my boobs no longer fitted into them lol! But totally worth it, because all the clothes that still fit look 100 times better ;) I particularly love wrap dresses and tops, and Bandage dresses are my new found best friend, they make you look smoking hot clinging to every curve :D

Personally, I would love to see some great body/booby boosting clothes tips on here! Anything anyone has found/picked up that they know boosts their overall new shape that they can share info around on here... would love to find some nice new stuff

I went clothes shopping today for the first time was SO cool to try on strapless dresses and have my boobes actually look good in them!!! They're ALWAYS too big in the bust to fit on my hips - now they fit everywhere - woohoo!!!

I would love some info on that too Mrs B!!!

So far i havent had to get rid of any of my clothes - even a couple of dresses i thought for sure wouldnt fit i havent had a problem with (although one of them is a bit difficult to get on - once its on it looks amazing lol). I think this is probably because all of my clothes were pretty room on top anyway .,.. i tend to buy bigger sizes because i have such a long torso that XS/S/8s just dont have the length i need. Im sure i will come across stuff in my travels - particularly when i start wearing proper bras but at the moment im sort of glad i dont need a whole new wardrobe

.. although i did do quite a bit of shopping in my 2nd week PO so i could hide them better at work!! haha

What i found is my height (and I noticed is similar to your height! Mrs B and Lozz!) works against me!! lol

I went into a store that i know stocks minkpink - because I love their going out dresses, they have stretch and I was able to salvage HEAPS of those i already own because of it.

I tried on some dresses and man, they LOOK FREAKING AMAZING for clubbing - not so much for Court lol

I was in Cue yesterday and scored a really awesome dress and two tops as well but I had to try on the entire store before finding something that did up on my boobs.

Lozz, I was so greatful I salvaged my favourite leather dress (skater cut)... it looks stunning now! I think is mainly due to the fact I used to wear really padded bras so... you know I shopped accordingly! lol

Minimal, I hear you! I have a boobtube dress which now looks rocking and doesn't fall down at the boobs! lol

I totally need to invest in bandage dresses Mrs B!! Any good online places??

Hi girls,

I have found that a LOT of my clothes aren't great anymore. It isn't so much that they don't fit - as I used to wear padded push ups anyway, its more that the shape isn't right for my upper body anymore. I used to wear boyish chest clinging shirts a lot and could do this as my boobies small. But now that I have some size those t-shirts scream -"look at my boobies" - which doesn't fit with the afterschool pick-up mentality! :-) hhahaha...

But i agree, its a good problem to have..

xoxox

Hi girls! I had to give away a few of my favourite shift dresses, not so much because they no longer fit (I could just squeeze in my new bust) but more so because they looked a bit weird with boobs and I thought I looked fat with the fabric just hanging from my boobs! I've had to change my clothing style a little as I definitely used to dress for my super flat chest...

I've found that suprisingly tight high-necked dresses and tops look super sexy with a nice pair of boobs to add shape! I now have a new found love for v-necks and plunging necklines when pre-BA I would steer clear of this style! MrsB, I agree bandage dresses look soooo much better with boobs! As do square cut necklines I've found. Also, you'll feel a million dollars when trying on padding free lacey bralettes (you know the sexy see through kind with not much too them) lol.

Ahh I could talk about clothes all day long... Happy shopping :) :)

I went clothes shopping today for the first time was SO cool to try on strapless dresses and have my boobes actually look good in them!!! They're ALWAYS too big in the bust to fit on my hips - now they fit everywhere - woohoo!!!

Oh I cant wait for clothes shopping to be like this for me!

This was my main reason for getting a BA, I hate going shopping and dresses being to loose in the bust and fit on my hips!

YAY!!! I cant wait! Must be an awesome feelinG!

I love this thread!!

Today I have woken up feeling really nervous and wondering do I really really wanna do this??

Im sure its just the nerves... but this thread has made me realise that Hell YES I definately do want to do this!!

I just need to keep reading all of your coments above over the next few days and it will take my nerves away and replace it with dreams of looking awesome in any sort of dress or top I like!! Not to mention finally filling out a bikini!!

LOL, yeah I went out yesterday with the kids, hubby is away and wore a singlet top, it was one I had from before BA so nothing new, just a plain black singlet top. The girls got a little burnt as I have more up out the top of the top now than before. Had a few comments from some of the other women there, and yep one man made comment, but it was all positive :D

Also wore my first wired bra yesterday, only because I needed a black one for under the singlet. I was told I could go to wires after 4 weeks, and that's up now, but as I'm still waiting on them to drop a bit more I think I will hold off on the wires for a bit longer.

My pre BA clothing are very modest. No plunging neck lines and nothing too tight. So clothes shopping here I come!! Im so excited about actually getting some cleveage happening, and wearing plunging necklines, and strappy singlets/ dresses! I cant believe how much confidence getting my boobs done has given me. Sex life has definately kicked up a notch, and I feel gorgeous in just about everything Im wearing. So glad I had my girls done :) xx

Before my BA i was always wearing tank top/singlets under all my clothes - both because i am so long in the body that many shirts dont come down far enough, and cause my clothes necklines would generally sit too low and show off my push-up bras if i didnt!!

Post-op i have found that i no longer need to wear these under all my clothes as i can pull most of my clothes down further (showing of some cleavage :) haha ) which also makes them longer!

I now have about 30 different coloured singlets (like the kind you get from supre etc....) and only need to use them occasionally!!! luckily they now look HOT by themselves .. even braless like in my Avi Pic :)

LOVING the new assets and how much better they make my wardrobe look :)

I rediscovered V-necks... I had a couple sitting in my dresser and pulled them out the other day and omg... SO HAPPY.

Also in terms of 'clubbing' dresses, I got some which were obviously stretchy material (back in the day) which now look like a million bucks on. Dangerous curves galore!!

Don't get me started on gym clothes... i LOVE how the gym tops make the girls sit. <3