Sign in to follow this  
millypede

Endoscopic Breast Augmentation @ BHP - extra $500 for near perfect breasts?

Hi Girls,

I came across a youtube clip of Dr Pongsakorn (retired now, not Dr Jib) talking about Endoscopic Breast Augumentation through armpit insertion at Bangkok Hospital Phuket. It sounds absolutely amazing, at BHP it cost $4,400 approx but apparently you get near perfect placement, faster recovery, smaller scars and less complications...

Sounds good if you have slightly uneven breasts..

I'm thinking the extra $500 would be worth it. Love to hear anyones thoughts, experiences?

Hi read this recently regarding complication rates written by Dr Pelletiere in US on another website regarding a study....

".....recently done by my colleagues at Georgetown University Medical Center as it relates to capsular contracture rates and incisions used for access. It was published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal this month. Dr. Scot Spear was the primary investigator, and he is regarded in the plastic surgery world as about as good as it gets when it comes to breast issues. The study looked at 336 breast augmentations and found that the rates of contracture at one year when using the inframammary incision was 0.5%. For the periareolar approach, it was 2.4%, and for the transaxillary, it was 6.4%. These are very close to the same rates that I see in my patients as well. The lowest complication rates are seen with the IMF approach, while the highest are with the transax approach. I always tell my own patients these issues, since each person needs to balance out the risks of complications vs. the scar placement."

By the way 'Transax approach' is endoscopic through the armpit, and I have also read in my extensive research the complete opposite regarding the placement, that it is more difficult to achieve symmetry and much more painful to recover from (possibly when having unders anyhow).

Anyhow, this is just what I've read, but for some it is possibly a better option regarding the scar placement.... all food for thought

cheers

chacha :)

Hi girls! I have also heard most surgeons say itis harder to get exact placement through under arm incision! But I think it really depends on your surgeons preference.

I hadnt heard about the cc rates! Thanks for that cha cha!!

Amelia my main concern with underarm incision was the fact that you can not go through it again.. So if you need a revision (almost BA patients do at. Some stage) so you will end up with two scars anyway!

I just had endoscopic breast augmentation yesterday with Dr Jib. Everything has gone pretty well so far. Pain under control and ill be leaving for my hotel room soon. He also advises of I want to go bigger later or change anything then usually they can go back in through the armpit.

I though that's what you would pay the extra $ for near perfect placement through endoscopic underarm...

Tomandelle thanks for sharing :)... how do you know if you are a good candidate for Edo underarm? Dr Jib advised under breast for me because I have 'slight' sag lol

My surgery has been great. 3 days after endoscopic, no bruising, minimal swelling and they look amazing. Better than I could have imagined. I'm pretty much back to normal just shouldn't lift my arms over my head for another week to let the incision fully heal. I am so glad I went with the armpit incision. Dr jib said as I had no sag or unevenness that I was a good candidate for it. I had 300cc but I met a girl who had 375 I think the same way with Dr witoon and she looked great and was thrilled too.

I was told by 2 surgeons about going through the armpit as that's what I initially thought I wanted. Upon talking to both surgeons they said that infection rates go up tremendously as the arm pit isn't a very clean area. Also the fact they are going in blind which can cause more tearing and a slower recovery. My surgeon said to me that the incision is about 4-5 cm and that the scaring is noticeable if you wear little tops.