Sign in to follow this  
blo1982

How long after BA you dont have to wear sports bra to bed ?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what everyones opinions or what yor surgeon has told you about when you can go to sleep without wearing a sports bra.... Before the op i was a naked sleeper (hope not to much detail for you all, lol) so now Im 14 weeks post op now and feeling great and hoping to let the girls be free one day soon at night :-) i just wear the genie bra style to bed cause its supportive feel and very light so doesnt bother me but was just interested to see if i can one day soon. Any help greatly appreciative :cool:

I think it really does depend on what your surgeon says.

I was told at 1 week PO (i recovered really quick!) i could wear whatever i wanted as long as it wasnt underwire. but i didnt ask about sleeping. I have always mostly worn bras to bed so it doesnt really bother me much but it would be good to know for the occasions which i dont want to haha

Hi Lozz68 I got in contact with my Dr today and he said you can go bra free at night from 3 months onwards, he did recommend though its better to have an Ahh Bra or jenie bra on at night still! So 1st nov is my 3 month mark so I think i will try to go a couple nights here and there and see how i go and how the girls feel :-)

Thanks for posting his answer! i will be asking my surgeon all these questions at my 1 month PO appointment but as its not important at the moment didnt think it was worth giving him a call!

I think i will get myself a couple of 'sleep bras' later on down the track ... and leave the braless nights for special occasions ;)

blo1982 thanks for posting this as i was thinking about it the other day, 1st of November is my 3 month also so i will certainly be giving it a go, so much more comfy with nothing on i think hehe!! :)