Sign in to follow this  
Barely_There

Do underwires slow down the dropping process?

I was told by my surgeon that I could start wearing underwires again from 4 weeks post op. I am just curious though, do underwires slow down the dropping process? My left side is still hanging on for dear life and not going anywhere. Am hanging for it to drop a bit, both sides really but that side seems more "compressed" for want of a better word.

I wore an underwire bra yesterday as it was the only black bra I have for now, but I plan on holding out a bit longer before swapping over to wires properly.

What are your thoughts? What have you been told with underwires and the dropping process?

(I have round textured implants, not brazillians)

I think this is a pretty controversial topic - it seems all PS have a different view on the subject!! I know in particular a lot of PS in America believe that it does stop or slow down the dropping process because they put the girls in underwire when they want them to stop dropping!! other surgeons have patients in underwires straight away!!

Im not sure what i think on the topic - but it cant hurt to hold out till they drop if your surgeon hasnt told you that you HAVE to wear underwire! He has said that it is ok so at least you have the go-ahead if you need to. he obviously doesnt think it will stop you dropping properly!

I have brazilians but i think that the reason my PS doesnt allow wires is mainly due to the fact that the underside of your boobs can be quite numb for awhile post-op and the underwires could be doing damage to the incisions, or the implants without you even noticing.

Lozz is right every surgeon seems to have his own opinion.

I've recently found out that my Dr is of the opinion that you wear a strap unlike theyve dropped to where you like then you wear an underwire bra until the sit where you want them to sit.. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I guess as Lozz said you dont have to wear it, especially if you dont feel comfortable!

My PS doesnt require you to wear any post operative garments or a bra for 2 months PO. Its amazing how every surgeon is different. His reasoning for this is that he places emphasis on 'placement' and wearing an underwire can displace the implant which can potentially require surgery to bring it back down