Sign in to follow this  
Lois1964

Post op check ups at PIAC and travel planning - experiences??

Evening all!

I'm trying to plan accommodation in Phuket in April 2013, and am unsure as to how far from the hospital I should venture. How many post op checks do you have and on what days general, ie day 2,5,10 etc etc. I'm wondering whether going to Koh Samui or Phi Phi island for the latter part of our 12 day trip is/isn't a good idea??:confused:

We're booked to arrive in Phuket late on 30/3/13, surgery booked on Monday 1/4/13, and booked to leave 11/4/13, but am considering pushing that out to 13/4/13.

Any advice?? :rolleyes:

My friend just had surgery at PIAC.. she stayed in Patong in Phuket. I think its only about 25 minutes from the hospital.. I'm not sure how many checkups she had, but she had one the day she went home to make sure she was fine to go home which was 10 days after surgery.. I am having surgery on the 5th feb and I'm staying until the 15th :)

I asked my dr via email just to get a rough idea and he said usually three depending on recovery and said 3, 5 and 7 usually depending on how you are recovering. At BHP you are required to stay 7 - 10 days so they may organise it around how many days after you are there. :)

I'd just send them an email and see what they say!

Strangely I did send an email and didn't get a reply. Have resent it this morning..... :mad:

Thanks Jordan. I'll work around those general days and see how it goes.

Thanks lovelies. Xxxxxx:o