Sign in to follow this  
kylz81

hello from melbourne

hello all members!

i have only just started my research on breast implants and haven't yet been to have a consultation.

can you recommend a surgeon in the western suburbs of melbourne, eg, williamstown, werribee, footscray.... or i may be willing to see one on the other side of town if he/she came really highly recommended!

about me:

i'm 31, had two children (now aged 2 and 4) who were both breastfed for over a year each... before babies i was lucky to be a 12a, after children, i feel like i may be even smaller :(

i'm not sure where to start, the breast.com.au website has a phone number you can ring to get a surgeon referred to you, but i am yet to tell my own mother my thoughts on breast implants, as i don't know whether she would be very supportive, but she could prove me wrong!

i am thinking to come out of this as a 12 b-c, something tasteful as i don't have much to start with and i'm not used to having big boobies!!

how long does it normally take to get a consulation, then how long is the wait to book in for the surgery?? as a rough time frame!!!

i look forward to reading your stories and hearing your recommendations on plastic surgeons!

have a great day everyone :)

my surgeon works out of the royal women's hospital (in Frances Perry House - the private wards) so it's sorta towards your side of town! And he is freakin brilliant :D

it can be around 3-4 weeks to get an appointment, some surgeons are busier than others though. booking your surgery again depends how busy they are but they may have some cancellations if you can be a bit flexible about timing.

get some pictures of the look you're after and take them to your appointments and don't get too focused on an actual cup size or implant size because everyone's results are different. see a few different surgeons, they'll each have their own opinions about how to achieve the look you want, and then choose who you feel the most comfortable with.

this forum is brilliant. you'll get so much helpful info on here. good luck with your search!

Hi kylz. I have no recommendations, but just wanted to welcome you. (I'm a newbie too.) This forum is very helpful and has a lot of information which is a great help to me, so all the best with your research.

Hi kylz. I have no recommendations, but just wanted to welcome you. (I'm a newbie too.) This forum is very helpful and has a lot of information which is a great help to me, so all the best with your research.

no recommendations? does this mean you are also new to starting your research into breast augmentation???

it's overwhelming, such a huge decision, lots of positives and negatives to weigh up

hi there.

I am from regional victoria and travelled to Geelong to get my 'girls' at the private hospital as a day stay and could not be happier!

Australian Skin Face and Body Dr Ian Holten.

I have 2 children 2 & 4 and both breastfed like you, before my BA i had tiny sacks of empty skin - now i have perfect boobies!

After my initial appointment I was booked in for surgery 4 weeks later.

I knew exactly what i wanted when i went there, and he knew the exact way to give me that look.

I didnt take pictures or anything - when you have the empty skin already pre stretched it just needs to be filled up!

your PS will take your measurements and advise you on the appropiate CCs to give you the best result. its their job!!

dont fill your head with too much information, everybody is different - find a good PS trust them and youll be fine/

It was the best decision I have ever made...

Goodluck - All the best with everything.

my surgeon works out of the royal women's hospital (in Frances Perry House - the private wards) so it's sorta towards your side of town! And he is freakin brilliant :D

it can be around 3-4 weeks to get an appointment, some surgeons are busier than others though. booking your surgery again depends how busy they are but they may have some cancellations if you can be a bit flexible about timing.

get some pictures of the look you're after and take them to your appointments and don't get too focused on an actual cup size or implant size because everyone's results are different. see a few different surgeons, they'll each have their own opinions about how to achieve the look you want, and then choose who you feel the most comfortable with.

this forum is brilliant. you'll get so much helpful info on here. good luck with your search!

I second that! I got mine done by Mark I am 10 days post op now, couldnt be happier! The whole experience was amazing. As missSJ said Mark can be very busy but he is SO worth it. He has really high standards. Good Luck!! :)

Hi Kylz! I'm not from Melbourne but wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome :) have heard a lot of positive things about Mark Ashton on this forum. I agree with MissSJ - it's so helpful to bring photos of your ideal boobs along to your consult/s so your surgeon has a visual of what you're hoping to achieve. They'll then give you their recommendations of how best to achieve that look, given your pre-operative state, stats etc :) Good luck with your search! X

Hello Kylz, Im a newbie too and am totally addicted to this forum too! I am on here whenever I get a free minute!

I have also had a consul with Mark (my first consult) and I was quite anxious but he was LOVELY! he was very patient and informative and I felt so comfortable by the end. His receptionist was lovely too and we chatted for ages after my appt. She offered for me to come back any time with my partnr to try on the sizers (my partner is currently living interstate) and told me to ring or mail whenever with any questions I have.

I have another consult with another surgeon on Jan 29th and he has the 3D machine which will be interesting. I am also interested to see what he recommends.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello I guess as its seems we have started our quests for new girls together :)

hello all members!

i have only just started my research on breast implants and haven't yet been to have a consultation.

can you recommend a surgeon in the western suburbs of melbourne, eg, williamstown, werribee, footscray.... or i may be willing to see one on the other side of town if he/she came really highly recommended!

about me:

i'm 31, had two children (now aged 2 and 4) who were both breastfed for over a year each... before babies i was lucky to be a 12a, after children, i feel like i may be even smaller :(

i'm not sure where to start, the breast.com.au website has a phone number you can ring to get a surgeon referred to you, but i am yet to tell my own mother my thoughts on breast implants, as i don't know whether she would be very supportive, but she could prove me wrong!

i am thinking to come out of this as a 12 b-c, something tasteful as i don't have much to start with and i'm not used to having big boobies!!

how long does it normally take to get a consulation, then how long is the wait to book in for the surgery?? as a rough time frame!!!

i look forward to reading your stories and hearing your recommendations on plastic surgeons!

have a great day everyone :)

Kylz81, you may want to try Craig Rubinstein if you want something natural, not too big but nice. His office is at Richmond. Good luck .

Thanks cherry blossom. I have an appointment to see Craig next month! Already been to one consult with another surgeon only to get a feel for the implants and size needed. But I think I left even more confused than before!

Thanks cherry blossom. I have an appointment to see Craig next month! Already been to one consult with another surgeon only to get a feel for the implants and size needed. But I think I left even more confused than before!

Hi Kylz.

Just wondering how you got on with your appointments and if you ended up going with Craig Rubenstein. I am 38yrs old and have two children, the youngest is 7 months. I am looking at getting a BA but TRYING to find a recommended surgeon.

Hi Kylz.

Just wondering how you got on with your appointments and if you ended up going with Craig Rubenstein. I am 38yrs old and have two children, the youngest is 7 months. I am looking at getting a BA but TRYING to find a recommended surgeon.

Hi Bel,

I had my BA with Craig last month, his team is very welcoming and informative, Kat his nurse is totally awesome and Craig himself is truly wonderful. His bedside manner is totally professional but with a hint of good humor. He's very down to earth and realistic with his work, your expectations and the results he can give you. He's straight to the point, likes you to be well informed and gives you plenty of time to ask any questions.

I found him before I found this website and not many people had heard of him but he's growing in popularity.

If you want any more info or want to see my before and afters send me a FR.

I saw him when my youngest was 14 months and had only stopped breast feeding for 2 months, by the time of surgery I had finished feeding for 4 months. I have read the stat's on most BA patients, 30 - 40yo, 2 kids and married.

I'm recovering well, I've had minimal pain after surgery as Craig is quite gentle and have pretty much returned to normality after 4 weeks. With one brilliant exception...I've got BOOBS!!!

Other surgeons I've heard about are Mark Ashton, Allan Kalus & Hamish Farrow.

Or search this forum for links like this one:

http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3047-Looking-for-a-highly-reputable-surgeon-in-Melbourne!!!&highlight=melbourne+surgeon

And the 'Similar Threads' at the bottom of the link page.

Cheers, Little L :)

I fall perfectly into that category little l, I must be destined to see Craig! If I can face my fears and stop worrying about having a redo in 10-15 years or if I don't want them anymore!

How are you doing? It's been a while since we've seen u post! How are the girls settling?

Hiya Kylz,

Yeah..it's been a while..I couldn't get to the computer with my husband home on holidays ha ha ha

I'm feeling great! and after looking back at my before photos I ave absolutely no regrets for having my BA done :)

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and am totally obsessed with getting a ba. I have thought about it many times and always thought after kids I would get one. Well I had my 3rd child 7 months ago and now that ive decided to not have any more I am back to obsessing over a ba lol. I never thought it wouldn't be that simple.

I haven't had any consultations yet however I sent photos to dr george mayson and was told I would need a lift as well as implants and that it would cost around 20,000-25,000... Now I'm feeling really down because if that's the case theres not much chance of me getting anything done. I was already working on convincing my husband to agree on a $12,000 surgery. (I'm a stay at home mum with 3 yr old twins and a 7 month old so not working) now there's no hope :( ...

I'm a 14c but they are deflated and saggy, does anyone know if ill have more hope with another surgeon?

Does anyone know of another surgeon in melbourne that would be better for someone like me? One boob is hanging lower also so that would be another complication I guess. I was hoping to have furry brazilians... I hope someone can help ??

Thanks

Kim

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and am totally obsessed with getting a ba. I have thought about it many times and always thought after kids I would get one. Well I had my 3rd child 7 months ago and now that ive decided to not have any more I am back to obsessing over a ba lol. I never thought it wouldn't be that simple.

I haven't had any consultations yet however I sent photos to dr george mayson and was told I would need a lift as well as implants and that it would cost around 20,000-25,000... Now I'm feeling really down because if that's the case theres not much chance of me getting anything done. I was already working on convincing my husband to agree on a $12,000 surgery. (I'm a stay at home mum with 3 yr old twins and a 7 month old so not working) now there's no hope :( ...

I'm a 14c but they are deflated and saggy, does anyone know if ill have more hope with another surgeon?

Does anyone know of another surgeon in melbourne that would be better for someone like me? One boob is hanging lower also so that would be another complication I guess. I was hoping to have furry brazilians... I hope someone can help ??

Thanks

Kim

Hi Kim

I have 2 kids and my boobs have everything wrong with them! No joke! I have seen and talked to 4 surgeons now and have been told everything different even that I needed a lift ATM I'm seeing Craig Rubenstien who also said maybe a lift but could put different sized implants in instead which have a Medicare rebate if you get a referral from Dr to see him so maybe try a consult ith him and see what he says? I have to go for a MRI next week to check how much fatty and glandular tissue I have, good luck with your search

Hi Kim, as far as I know (from what I've read, not heard directly from) Craig Rubinstein doesn't do fuzzy braz, so if your heart is set on them then you'll be better off with another surgeon!

Thanx roxy roo

That makes me feel a little better,

Do u know how much the rebate is?

So maybe there's still hope,

I would def need different sized ones lol

And thanx for the info Kylz will keep searching

:)