Sign in to follow this  
rubii

help!! Pricing, triple in Phuket!

Hey guys,

Has anyone been priced for a TT in Phuket.?

I have had a price just submitted to me from Bangkok hospital in Phuket that is 535,000THB - thats $16,810.10 AU.

My quote in sydney is only $7000.00.

I have asked for a re quote in australian dollars just in case I was doing my calculations wrong and they came back with same price.

Im having full TT with muscle repair, though thats it.

Is this right?

Surely we are all going over there for the cheaper prices.

My Doctor whom quoted me is Dr Piyapas.

Can someone help me with comparison prices or is this normal?

thanx in advance

I was originally going to see Dr Piyapas at Bangkok Hospital but really really wanted to go to Bumrungrad. Having a look back over the emails from Dr Piyapas it seems he was the more expensive choice and the surgeons I was looking at weren't cheap (Dr Poomee and Dr Nond). I think it might be the pricing but that price seems a little to extreme... Maybe you should contact him through his official website.

Surgery in phuket is in general more expensive than bangkok,

I was quoting 200.000 for my rhino with dr piyapas and 105.000 in bangkok with dr suchart, (bangkok hospital) so almost double,

saying this bangkok hospital (bangkok branch) and bumrungrad have raise their price by 30%

thanx naja08 and echoecho,

Your right its so extreme its almost 3x what my final price would be in Sydney. I have not even factored in flights and post accomodation.

Though has anyone actually had a TT in Bangkok hospital Phuket?

You're welcome, I haven't had that surgery... I still think that price is huge considering it would cost that much over here. Get in contact with Dr Piyapas and question him personally regarding the cost. His very experienced so it wouldn't surprise me but why bother having the surgery overseas when you could have it back home?

You might want to look into other hospitals as well, just stay clear of Yanhee. I've always had a low opinion on that hospital as there seems to be loads of negative reviews. They are reported to have some of the best diet pills in Bangkok though so I made a visit... I was only there for five minutes and they had already screwed up the registration forms.

LOL like the kind you can only get on a prescription through the hospital :p My agency actually recommended them to me even though they don't use that hospital, the pills are reported to be that good.

I have no idea whats in them all I know is that they can get rid of ten kilos in the span of three months and you don't even have to exercise. They burn the fat right off.

I have absolutely no clue whats in them or what they are called, the packaging is in thai. all i heard was the doctor tell me i'd loose ten kilos in three months without exercising and i lost track of my thoughts :p He gave me a ton of pills though, im supposed to take three in the afternoon and three at night, each pill does something different and then there are the control pills to keep the weight from coming back which you take every second day after you have finished the first lot... i'd love to give you more info but dont really know that much about them... i think you can only get them at yanhee because my agency works with bumrungrad hospital and they still had to send me too yanhee (which they were happy to do).

When i get back to australia i'll take a picture and hopefully someone will understand what the thai writing means :)

Wow rubii that sounds expensive compared to Australia! I have not had a TT but had a BA with Dr Piyapas in October, he quoted me 125000 Thb which converted to about $4000 AUD after the exchange rate...compared to BA's here that I have seen are 8k upwards you would think the TT would be cheaper. I know that Dr Piyapas was more expensive than doctors in Bangkok..but I wanted to recover on the beach and have my surgery done by someone who had experience and good reviews.

I would just ask him what is the full procedure and can he confirm the cost.

Best of luck :)

Oh and be careful of diet pills please ladies! I had some from America and my blood pressure went through the roof/had insomnia and I was constantly skittish. So just get regular check ups please, even if just from the chemist for your BP xo

Hi rubii,

yes that's too expensive for a TT, and I personally wouldn't even consider it. I also felt some of Dr Piyapas' prices were on the high side, rhinoplasty for one, but his BA and blepherplasty were more in line with others....not sure why!?

I know of a few girls who have gone to Bangkok and had sucessfull TT, one who comes to mind is Mousey77 who went with Dr Preeyaphas Bangkok Hospital Thailand, through Bangkok Makeover, and she looks brilliant. You might ask her what it was like and how much etc.

When you say you've been quoted $7000 in Sydney, is that before or after rebates? If it's before, then it's a great price, if not, it's still pretty competative! It's a big op to get over, and it will take several weeks to feel anything like normal, so take that into consideration when choosing where you will go for you op. For me, I was so glad to be close to home, and just be able to sleep in my own bed with my family close by. I had help around the house for the 1st week, then I could manage to some degree after that abeit at a snails pace and many things just didn't get done!

good luck on your search

chacha