Sign in to follow this  
BonnieBoo

Will I ever sleep comfortably again?

I'm having a bit of a sook this morning :(

I'm 9days post op and god do I hate sleeping on my back. I wake up what feels like 5262627 times a night of back pain and all I want to do I sleep on my side. But I'm scared as I don't want the "pocket" to stretch or have boobs that falls to the side. Every morning my bf gets me hot water bottles to warm up my stiff back muscles and it relaxes me for half hr. still no sleep though.

When can we sleep on our side again?

(Sorry for the sookiness but no sleep is killing me)

I got mine done with Dr. Harwood, and he advises to refrain from sleeping on your back for a week, then you can sleep on your side when comfortable after that. I am 19 days post op and I can't sleep on my side yet. I'm getting sick of it too and have had a sore back some mornings. Try bending your knees so your lower back is flat, or put some pillows under your feet. We just have to be patient :)

I am totally struggling with the back sleeping too but my Doc said I have to sleep on my back for 3 months! Yeowza!

I wake up through the night though and find that I have turned on my side and am feeling awkward (pressure on my boob) and have to go back to laying on my back again.

im almost a month PO - but i have been sleeping on my sides for about 2 weeks, and have even slept on my tummy a couple of times. everyone is different, and many PS advise different things but after the first week i just did what was comfortable. Didnt mean to sleep on my tummy but just woke up that way.

At first when sleeping on my side i would feel a pulling in my boobs, but this went away fairly quickly for me - i think i also started lying kinda half on my side, before i did it completely .. if that makes senses? so i kinda eased into it!

It might take awhile and a little getting used to but im sure you will be able to sleep comfortably again :)

3 months? Wooowzza!! I don't think I can wait that long lol

Every surgeon seem to say diffrent timeframes. I never asked mine as he is overseas and i don't want to email him as it is kind of general question.

I think I will occupy the sofa for next week as I find it more comfy and stack up on pillows and try and hold it out for as long as possible :)

Happy sleeping ;)

My PS allows you to sleep on your back and sides but theres no way I would feel comfortable sleeping on my side. I sleep elevated too because my boobs are like bricks in the mornings and if I had to lift myself from a completely flat position it would probably take me forever haha. I use a boomerang pillow then put 2 pillows on the arms of the boomerang and then 2 pillows on top in a horizontal position it doesnt give me back pain at all and it keeps me relatively elevated for most of the night, I end up sliding down a little bit but throughout my recovery that has been the best in terms of sleeping comfortably and back pain.

This is the one thing I'm dreading most. I'm a tummy sleeper :( I did manage to sleep alright on my side during my pregnancies but it was never proper deep sleep.

I was thinking about getting hypnosis to try and trick myself into back sleeping cos it's not just the boobs that would benefit. I can see that sleeping on my face is making wrinkles and gives me a sore neck sometimes too ;)