Affordabe and decent in Sydney or east coast?

Hi all, are there any affordable but good rhinoplasty surgeons in Sydney or nearby on the east coast?

All the quotes seem to be $15,000-20,000 or I've found a couple of cheaper ones but they seem dodgy.

This may be a long shot, as I understand you have to pay for quality.

I recently got my eyes lasered by a great doctor at a very affordable rate thanks to a forum much like this, and I just thought I'd check if similarly, any of you knew of/had experience with any decent rhinoplasty surgeon who are a bit more affordable than the market rate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 6:30 PM, spadaa said:

Hi all, are there any affordable but good rhinoplasty surgeons in Sydney or nearby on the east coast?

All the quotes seem to be $15,000-20,000 or I've found a couple of cheaper ones but they seem dodgy.

This may be a long shot, as I understand you have to pay for quality.

I recently got my eyes lasered by a great doctor at a very affordable rate thanks to a forum much like this, and I just thought I'd check if similarly, any of you knew of/had experience with any decent rhinoplasty surgeon who are a bit more affordable than the market rate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I really think that is the going rate for rhinoplasty. I honestly would wait a little longer and choose the surgeon who was most qualified for the job and whose work I liked the most rather than choose a surgeon because they were a few thousand cheaper.
Do you have PHI? Is it medically necessary?
The three surgeons who I would personally use for rhinoplasty in Sydney are Dr Shahidi, Dr Marcells and Dr Tavakoli. I know that Dr Moradi does Rhinopalsty but i haven't seen any of his results, but his breast augmentation rates are very affordable so I would hazard a guess and say his rhinoplasty rates would be on the more affordable side. Worth checking out.

Hi there! 

I would say that most quotes are between 15,000 - 20,000 here in Sydney. I recently went to my consultation with Dr S.Shahidi in early October and can say that he seemed like he wants whats best for you. Doesn't beat around the bush - gets straight to the point. He asked what i didn't like about my nose, why i was thinking of doing a rhinoplasty etc and then he took a few photos and showed me two different options on what the outcome could be like. (Ski-slope or a straight nose). He then took me to sit down with his assistant who then went through the paperwork with me and quoted me a price which ended up being $19,395.00 in total including all the hospital & anesthetic fees. (Yes, this is pricey but worth it). I officially booked in my surgery for early 2020 and i cant wait!

I suggest perhaps going to a few consultations before deciding but its up to you and your preference. I also recommend checking out RealSelf.com.au for everyones reviews and how it went (Consultation through to surgery) - that website helped me heaps!

Thanks and goodluck!!