Best time of year?

So I've found my surgeon and have  possible surgery date booked for Jan 8th. But now I'm wondering if having a BA surgery at the beginning of summer is a bad idea? I still want to enjoy the summer holidays with my kids. How long before you can stop wearing a compression bra, wear a bikini, ect. I know you can't swim for 4-6 weeks but can you go to the beach/pool without getting incisions wet? I'm not really in a rush so would it be better to wait for the cooler months? Thank you for any advice :) 

6 hours ago, Rose2019 said:

So I've found my surgeon and have  possible surgery date booked for Jan 8th. But now I'm wondering if having a BA surgery at the beginning of summer is a bad idea? I still want to enjoy the summer holidays with my kids. How long before you can stop wearing a compression bra, wear a bikini, ect. I know you can't swim for 4-6 weeks but can you go to the beach/pool without getting incisions wet? I'm not really in a rush so would it be better to wait for the cooler months? Thank you for any advice  

That advice depends on your surgeon, some surgeons recommend no surgical bras at all, other recommend 6 weeks, some recommend calvin klein crops etc.

The best time for breast surgery is when you have the most time to recover, i.e. school holidays or right before long weekends etc are very popular because you dont need to worry about taking extra time off work, getting kids to school and usually have more help on hand.

Hi @Rose2019, I had my BA done in the July school holidays (winter).  Reasons being that I didn’t have to drive the kids to school and all their activities and also so I could conceal the compression bra easily.

The first few weeks I had a lot of upper pole fullness which looked incredibly fake in low cut tops and I would of been very conscious of what people thought. At least in winter I was able to layer up until they dropped into place.