Sign in to follow this  

Who is going braless?

I was just having a look through Lozz's amazing album and envying how great she looks in all those pretty bras and it got me thinking.

I have girlfriend with BA and she claims that she doesn't like not wearing a bra and that it feels uncomfortable. Now one of my fantasies is buying those gorgeous clothes that to date I always put back because you can't wear a bra with them.

So what I am wondering is how many ladies with BA actually go braless from time to time in public and does it feel uncomfortable?

Thanks Nicnac :)

I wouldnt say its uncomfortable! it is just something to get used to when you have never done it before! the first time I did i felt kind of naked! haha

I currently dont have a strapless bra so whenever i wear anything strapless i go braless and it doesnt bother me at all! the only thing is i have to make sure that whatever im wearing isnt going to show off when i get cold!

I cant wait to buy some dresses that you specifically go braless for like you said - all the ones i couldnt wear before :)

However, normal day-to-day outfits i usually wear a bra, or a crop top, or even just wear singlets with shelf bras in them.

Does your girlfriend feel uncomfortable because she is embarrassed or something or because it is physically uncomfortable?

Hi Lozz,

I think she is saying that it feels physically uncomfortable but I will have to ask her next time we get together.

Hi Nicnac, I go braless quite regularly. I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op. It's hot and humid up here at the moment so it is wonderful to not have that extra layer of clothing let alone all the padding I used to wear. I don't find it uncomfortable at all.

I prefer to be braless - for the same reasons as Mrstag - with all the padding it used to be way to hot. Even though I've supposed to have been wearing a bra 24/7 I've been sneaking an hour or so bra free time every few days. I'd much prefer it.

It's still a while till I can wear underwire so it will depend on how well they fit as to whether I go braless or wear one.

Lozz I'm finding that the inserts from my old bikini's are great for sliding under clothes to cover high beams - provided it's not a material that shows up the edges and it's tight enough to hold them there :)

Hi Nicnac!

My surgeon Mark Ashton doesn't require you to wear any post op garment for about 2months, as he prefers to let gravity do the work!

I'm 8 weeks post op next week and I have to say I LOVE wearing no bra! It's the most amazing feeling in the world! I usually just wear some tape or bandaids over my nipples as them showing is the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable when in public.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to wear underwire bras as of this week but I have to be honest I've got a feeling I'll be spending as minimal time as possible in them!!

Lozz I'm finding that the inserts from my old bikini's are great for sliding under clothes to cover high beams - provided it's not a material that shows up the edges and it's tight enough to hold them there :)

Thats funny i have done the same thing!! especially as i find the padding in the bikinis just doesnt work for me!

Hayleylouise that's amazing! I've not heard of any surgeons doing that, in fact you often hear about those terrible restrictive garments the girls all hate!

I'm seeing mark next month and I'm very excited:)

Hey girls is there a chance of long term sagging?

Yeap there is.... Just like natural boobs, gravity will pull them down due to the weigh of them. They might be perky and fun now but for long term results a supportive bra should worn to prevent saggy boobs :/

Renkim, I queried Dr Harwood about wearing a bra 24/7 when I sent in my 4 week check up photos and info. He said I no longer have to be in a bra all the time so your bra free time won't be causing an issue. Enjoy guilt-free.

Yeap there is.... Just like natural boobs, gravity will pull them down due to the weigh of them. They might be perky and fun now but for long term results a supportive bra should worn to prevent saggy boobs :/

Yes, I certainly won't be braless all the time. Will still be wearing a good supportive bra most of the time.

Hi there,

I went bra-less for my office Xmas party At 6 weeks post op. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was fine the whole day and night. I had no cramping or pain at all. Ever since then I have been going bra less every other day, and sometimes when I go to sleep as well.

My PS told me to wear sports bra for the first 6 months but said that as long as my boobs were dropping ok and starts to feel soft and have dropped to where I want them to, I can start wearing normal bra, as long as it provides great support. He also told me I can start wearing push-up bras and wireless bras at 2 months post op. :)