New to forum - TT & BA

Hi all,

Just joined today but have been reading posts for some weeks! I'm booked in for a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation with a lift for the 29th January.

At this stage my surgeon has recommended 210 cc or 240 cc will decide in surgery which will fit best and he would like the placement to be overs ! Still not sure how I feel about that but he reassures me in my case that I'll have a better outcome by going over.

I'm starting to feel a little nervous and pray that I'm happy with the result !

Hey kimmie,

Welcome to the forum.

I had both BA & TT, it really is a life changing decision to make.

I also had overs to get the best result that I wanted, I also had enough breast tissue that I don't think you can even notice the difference that mine arnt unders.

You will have a ball of emotions. Nervous, happy, sad & a whole lot more it's all part of the journey.

Just remember its a long term thing you won't have you best full results straight away it's a waiting game for the body to heal.

Best of luck.

Hey Kimmie,

Where are you getting your surgery done?

Good luck will love to we pics as I want the same procedures done after having 2 kids.

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd and due in 2-3 weeks and I am already planning and paying off my surgery for nov 2013. No more kids for me once its done, I can't wait so excited :)

Thanks all for your replies and words of encouragement !

I'm having my surgery at Brisbane waters private hospital on the central coast nsw, my surgeons first choice was the San at wahroongha but we could t get the dates I needed for my leave at work. As its getting closer the more nervous I'm becoming .

Bella baby yes we will be recovering together feel free to private message me and we can be surgery buddies lol.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum also and am needing TT, BA and possibly BL after having twins and my third 7 months ago.

I'm just going to start with the ba, hopefully I don't need the BL but I'm going to my first consults end of march.

To be honest the tummy tuck absolutely scares me, can I ask to those of you who are having multiple procedures, is it any cheaper that way?

I've seen pictures of some celebrities that have no belly button, I think they have had TT's is this common?

How long is typical recovery, do u think it's something I should do when my kids are a bit older?

I'm planning the ba for oct this year but will prob wait longer for the TT.

Is a TT covered by medicare at all?

Sorry for all the questions I don't know much about TT's

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum also and am needing TT, BA and possibly BL after having twins and my third 7 months ago.

I'm just going to start with the ba, hopefully I don't need the BL but I'm going to my first consults end of march.

To be honest the tummy tuck absolutely scares me, can I ask to those of you who are having multiple procedures, is it any cheaper that way?

I've seen pictures of some celebrities that have no belly button, I think they have had TT's is this common?

How long is typical recovery, do u think it's something I should do when my kids are a bit older?

I'm planning the ba for oct this year but will prob wait longer for the TT.

Is a TT covered by medicare at all?

Sorry for all the questions I don't know much about TT's

Hi kimmie, welcome to the forum & all the best with your surgery at the end of the month. I had a TT early October last year and so glad I did it! Please let us know how you go!

Kb2904 welcome to you too! There are many girls on this forum who have had a BL with & without implants at the same time as having a TT. One recovery and cheaper when it comes to anethesist, hospital & hospital stay.

As for having a TT with a 7 month old, I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you have someone who will help out a lot at home. I waited until my baby was almost 4, but there are girls here who have done it with younger children. You won't be able to lift a toddler until around the 6 week mark, depending on the extent of your muscle repair, if any.

Have a read through the tummy tuck threads, there are plenty of recovery stories which may assist in helping you decide when the time is right for you. (Mine is called "my flat tummy journey")

Oh and yes if you get a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, you get a new cover for your belly button. And yes you will be partially covered by Medicare, (close to $1000) and if you have private healthcare your hospital stay should be fully covered.

All the best!

Welcome kimmie and Kb2904

I had my TT and BL with lipo in Oct, and never looked back, best thing I ever did. It is cheaper doing it all together, I know in my case the surgeon also gives you a discount if you do 2 or more procedures together, and of course anaesthetic is only once as is the hospital stay.

My youngest was 4, and it was still difficult in the beginning as he wanted to be picked up, but he got used to it pretty quickly and now never asks to be picked up - he became a big boy in that time :)

You will definately have a belly button, it stays in the same position, with the skin stretched over it, they just make a cut, and join it in again. I'm sure your surgeon will show you how it is done.

My TT and BL was covered by medicare and I got some back from my private health fund.

Good luck it can be very daunting at the outset, but you'll be glad you did.