First timer here, with questions. So glad I found this site!

Hello to all of you ;-)

I am from the United States so forgive me for barging in here. But hey, we love Aussies so I feel I am in good company. I have yet to find a forum like this one that is stateside.

A little about me...

March 2012 I began a weight loss journey. I began at 315 lbs and am now down to 245 lbs. I am 5ft 6 in. In the end, I desire to be a very buxom woman, still weighing 200-220 lbs post op. I have spent the past 8 months heavily researching cosmetic surgery here in the states. After my first consult a week ago, it was clear that the amount of work my body needs (due to being obese for 30+ years) would be more than I could afford. It was then that I began researching surgery overseas.

I have found -very- little information. Well, I can find all kinds of information but I can't find many reviews. I am looking for first hand reviews (good and bad) from people who have already had surgeries. I also have some questions if any of you may be so kind to answer or steer me in the right direction.

*Can anyone recommend a Medical Tourism Agency that they have used before? I am wanting to book through an agency so that I dont have to worry about any details. Im wanting a package deal which includes surgery, after-care, hotel/recovery time. I don't mind booking my own flight and of course, getting my own food as I will have someone with me.

*Thus far, I am looking at Thailand, Brazil, and India. Does anyone have any experience with these countries and if so, could you please give me the name of the doctor and hospital you used?

*I am still a plus sized woman and will be after my surgery. I am looking for a surgeon who has experience on plus sized women. Are there any ladies here who are heavier and had surgery? Who did you use? What was your experience like?

*In case I am not able to find a Medical Tourism Agency, can someone please direct me to the first step? How can you research a doctor if you don't know a doctor's name to begin with? Did you email/phone the doctor directly?

*For those who used a travel agency, who do you pay? I am leary about paying my money to an agency. Anyone can make a fake website on the internet. Do you pay them all the money or do you pay the doctor/hospital directly?

I sincerely appreciate any help I can get. I am wanting to have a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and lipo in March 2013 if its not too late to book in that month. I just dont know where to start!

Hi Blondie, welcome to Aus (sort of ) hehehe. Ok with all your questions, most I can't answer yet. I am flying out tomorrow morning for my surgery with Dr Suchart at Bangkok hospital Thailand. Dr Suchart has a practise in Pheonix over your way as well as Director of plastic surgery in Bangkok.

I am also a plus size woman and am confident with him. I am having lipo, tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation. He is doing them on two separate days as they are very big ops.

I have spoken to a lovely lady, Rachel at Bangkok makeovers. She lives over there. If you search on here for them, you will find rave reviews. She does the whole package for you.

I didn't go through them because I had already booked the surgery by myself (and a lot of help from the great girls on here). I contacted Bangkok hospital and it just went from there.

I will be updating as I go along in the thread January 2013 girls. The thread is started by me so won't be hard to find.

Good luck with your research and the girls on here are just a fantastic lot of people to help.

Cheers mate :)