Surgery at PIAC can someone recommend good accomodation please?

Hey I am having surgery in November at phuket international hospital

I am so overwhelmed with the amount of hotels and resorts that are available online I just need some reviews on hotels/resorts around the hospital.

I have also been advised to stay in patong by the agency I am booking through due to the hospital being in am area that has limited shops etc around it..

Do you think this is a good idea or should I stay around phuket?

Hi again

Does the agency organise all of your transfers eg airport pickup , all hospital appointments ?

When I went Nov just gone I had all pick ups and appointments to and from hospital included and I stayed at Dewa resort in Karon beach which is about 1/2 an hour from PIAC and ten min from patong .....I chose to stay there as it is a bit quieter than patong but if you are young and like the party life I would reco patong ......

Our accom price for 16 nights 2 of us hubby and myself was around 1,400 ....just for an idea of price but im sure there would be cheaper .....

mumO5

hmm depends on the surgery you are going to have, if it's minor than you can stay nearer at Patong but if it's something you know you are going to need quiet and rest, then a place at further from Patong would be ideal. i have been to phuket a few times, and usually i use wego.com.au to search for hotels or accommodation nearby and so far it's been really good. The marriot courtyard at Patong beach is nice and the rooms are great. i have stayed there two times during the past and no complains so far.

Check with your agency to see what they advise.

Edited by janesmask

The mandarava is right opposite dewa resort where we stayed and it looks beautiful and also next to mandarava was another resort being built and it also looked great .... Only thing is both of the resorts dewa and mandarava are on a hill some people don't like walking up and down hills , I did it at least 2 times a day and felt ok it really isn't that big of a hill I have seen steeper ones around the area, just letting you know in advance ...

All will be ok ...

mumO5

You will be fine then if your fit .... I'm not and I was fine had surgery on the fri was out of hospital sat and that arvo was doing the hill into karon shops ....everyday!! When do you go star ? I'm going back in Nov staying at karon again in an apartment just around the corner from all the little Tim sheds that all the workers stay in ....well that's if they are still there after the resorts are finished...I will add a pic to my photos of the resort your at so you can see what it was like when I was there ......if you want to know any good eating , shopping anything just pm me if you want

MumO5

You will be fine then if your fit .... I'm not and I was fine had surgery on the fri was out of hospital sat and that arvo was doing the hill into karon shops ....everyday!! When do you go star ? I'm going back in Nov staying at karon again in an apartment just around the corner from all the little Tim sheds that all the workers stay in ....well that's if they are still there after the resorts are finished...I will add a pic to my photos of the resort your at so you can see what it was like when I was there ......if you want to know any good eating , shopping anything just pm me if you want

MumO5

After much searching ourselves we booked an apartment on www.homeaway.com.au. The one we have booked has two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge etc. It works out alot cheaper than staying in a hotel for two weeks and also gives me the opportunity to get up during the night if need be and go into the lounge if I cant sleep.

Hope this helps.

MumO5

Thanks Mum05 - those pics would be great to see. The pics in the website look beautiful so I can't wait. I've had bone grafting surgery and 2 c-sections that I was up and about from after 12 hours so I'm hoping I recover just as we'll from my BA. Any tips on restaurants and shopping would be great. We went to Phuket on our honeymoon but that was 8 years ago lol

The sands resturante just down the road on the tight corner heading into Karon near the beach you will see it ....The young man that works out the front at the seafood section he wont let you past without at least trying thier food once lol one night we went past and he dragged my hubby in as we went there a few times before and half way up on the left just past a lane in the main food and bar area of karon there is a nice place for something to eat i cant remember the name of it , the waiters and waitress dress in yellow ....... if your after bikinis cheap .....same side of the road next to a bag shop the girls that works there are lovely and cheap bags too, at the start of Karon street on the left a lovely lady there she sells fruit and will cut it up for you and Mr Pancakes is next to her and the pancakes are yum you will see a sign that says sugar palm above the shops your at the right spot .....oh and there is a good bar at Karon as well Kennys aussie bar the band there are great (cold chilli ) thats there name..... Kik is one of the girls that work there she is lovely quiet girl who i have remained friends with .....Thais are beautiful people always smiling ......

sorry about the essay lol

mumO5

The sands resturante just down the road on the tight corner heading into Karon near the beach you will see it ....The young man that works out the front at the seafood section he wont let you past without at least trying thier food once lol one night we went past and he dragged my hubby in as we went there a few times before and half way up on the left just past a lane in the main food and bar area of karon there is a nice place for something to eat i cant remember the name of it , the waiters and waitress dress in yellow ....... if your after bikinis cheap .....same side of the road next to a bag shop the girls that works there are lovely and cheap bags too, at the start of Karon street on the left a lovely lady there she sells fruit and will cut it up for you and Mr Pancakes is next to her and the pancakes are yum you will see a sign that says sugar palm above the shops your at the right spot .....oh and there is a good bar at Karon as well Kennys aussie bar the band there are great (cold chilli ) thats there name..... Kik is one of the girls that work there she is lovely quiet girl who i have remained friends with .....Thais are beautiful people always smiling ......

sorry about the essay lol

mumO5

Don't be sorry - that's great info. You're making me want to get on the plane now lol. Thanks so much. And DEFINITELY after new bikinis - if I'm paying for these puppies they will be on show hahaha. Although not sure if it will be too soon to buy them?

Hi Bhannie,

I am heading over next month for my BA at PIAC and we are staying at the Dewa Karon Resort. It was all organised for us through CosMediTour and it looks beautiful.

There are 3 of us going and we are staying in the 3 bedroom penthouse and it cost us $600 each for 10 nights :)

Carla :)

Hi Carla,

I am also using cosmedi tour and staying at dewa. Which surgeon are you using? Have sent a FR :)