Sign in to follow this  
bellabelly

BM after TT

Hi Ladies, I know its probably TMI but wondering if anyone can share what they took to help them go? Im getting realy worried as I have in the past with surgery got so bad and not much works. I have heard some ladies start taking stool softners the day before surgery and was wonderig if anyone had any info or would be happy to share. I have crohns disease so don't like to take anything too agressive as don't wont to flare that up but Im getting realy worried, thanks

Hi Bellabelly, by my 4th day post op I hadn't had a BM so they gave me colloxyl in hospital. And I took some for a few days afterwards. I found it quite gentle on my stomach and from what I understand its not so much a laxative but a stool softener. ( works by coating the stool in oil to help it come out - sorry if tmi)

I'd recommend taking it either day before surgery or at least from the day. Day 4 was too late for me and I struggled a bit those first 2 or 3 BM's when they finally came out. *blush*

(Imagine trying to push hard when your stomach muscles are too sore)

Hi Ladies, I know its probably TMI but wondering if anyone can share what they took to help them go? Im getting realy worried as I have in the past with surgery got so bad and not much works. I have heard some ladies start taking stool softners the day before surgery and was wonderig if anyone had any info or would be happy to share. I have crohns disease so don't like to take anything too agressive as don't wont to flare that up but Im getting realy worried, thanks

I took colloxyl drops with me with the intention of using them, but I notice freshly squeezed orange juice on the menu, so had that three times a day, and worked like a charm lol. Dont know if that is just a thing with me, or if orange juice is a laxative? Whatever you do , being proactive will help, dont wait til it hasnt happened, Id be taking something after surgery as better to be safe than sorry and strain your tummy, ouch.

:)

hi, i just ate yogurt (for the antibiotics) and fruit. my doctor only allowed me liquid food like soup etc until i left hospital anyway. Though i still only had the yogurt and stewed fruit. Its the morphine that blocks you up as it is a diuretic. So everyday I had a cup of hot water about every 3hrs. So by day 3 i was raring to go (no pun intended). all soft and not to difficult. I kept the hot water up for about another 3 days but was eating normally. Therefore this kept me regular without much straining.

Hot water is a great laxative though you must drink it regularly. just one cup is not enough.

I SO agree with the kiwi fruit BUT I can honestly say ANY fruit AND drinking PLENTY of water are the sure fire ways of ensuring you are going well :o) After my surgery I found it took a bit for everything to go back to normal BUT eating fruit and drinking water DEF helped ALOT! If you want to drink hot water try it with a slice of lemon or kiwi fruit REALLY great antioxident drink and it clenses as well :o) GOOD LUCK!

Hi Ladies, thankyou so much for all the replies and wonderful tips and ideas : D Im going shopping in the morning to stock up on Kiwi fruit and going to remember the hot water trick. Great idea to eat mostly fresh fruits, juices and soups to combat too. I realy appreciate the responses and well wishes xoxox Hope you are all healing well and enjoying your new flat tummies : D x