Facelift

Hi! I am seeking some advice on facelifts for my mum. She is a 54.5 year old and has very low self esteem. She has been wanting to have surgery for sometime now but is very anxious about the whole experience. I do think going ahead with the procedure will help her tremendously. I would like to see her enjoying life and actually doing something for herself for a change.

So I'm after some help in finding the right plastic surgeon for her. Can anyone recommend a surgeon that they have had dealings with? And hospitals? I'm finding it hard to locate before/after photos of work people have had done.

As I mentioned she is an extremely anxious person so any information I can obtain would be great :) And then hopefully our next step will be organising it all.

Hi, I used Dr.Rushapol in Phuket three years ago for a bleparoplasty and brow lift. So fat was removed from under my eyes and I went for a full forehead lift and was cut ear to ear. I'll admit I didn't intend to go that far but upon consultation decided to go ahead. Dr Rushapol was absolutely fantastic. So kind and understanding. The nursing staff were out of this world and everything was so clean. I'm about to go back to have a breast reduction but Dr R is not available on my dates so I'm going with Dr. Veerawat who also has a very good reputation. I've organised both trips through Destiny Meditravel, if you go on their website you can get a quote almost straight away.

I will be going for a facelift when I'm about your Mum's age. I just want to wait a few more years and get my monies worth!!!

Good luck.

hello everyone i know this post is about 6 months old but i need advice on a plastic surgeon for facelift.

ive been on these forums for a while now doing my research for a BA that i very badly want but now my dad is considering a face lift.

Any suggestions for a good surgeon in melb?

ive read some positive things on Graeme Southwick (althought apparently he is more expensive than the others?)

I hope i get some replies...

thanks

• 1 year later...

This is a very good thing. It just proves how much you love and care for your mother. However, as you said, your mother is about 55 years old and I think it might be a little dangerous at her age. What you should do is consult a reputed plastic surgeon who can advise you best on the matter.

I think you'll find that's about the average age and up for facelifts...

• 2 weeks later...

Just in answer to Jackie321, 55 is definitley not too old to have a facelift or any other surgery!  I'm 60 & having a mac facelift, browlift & necklift next month, & considering a breast lift!  If you are healthy there is definitley no reason why you shouldn't have any type of surgery. There is always a risk with ANY surgery no matter what the age. Consult your dr & always tell him/her if you are on any medication.

• 10 months later...

I am from Melbourne, I just had my consultation with Australian Cosmetic Clinic, I am totally in love with the ideas that Dr. Mark Kohout, and Dr. Shaz Musavi presented. They have their Melbourne address at their website. My colleague who just had her boobs done referred me. They look natural and beautiful. Will post how surgery went. Why don’t you go for consultation at Australian Cosmetic Clinic and refer me.

• 3 months later...

Just in answer to Jackie321, 55 is definitley not too old to have a facelift or any other surgery!  I'm 60 & having a mac facelift, browlift & necklift next month, & considering a breast lift!  If you are healthy there is definitley no reason why you shouldn't have any type of surgery. There is always a risk with ANY surgery no matter what the age. Consult your dr & always tell him/her if you are on any medication.