Sign in to follow this  
kt2013

capsular contracture question...

Hi everyone,

I get my BA done this monday with Dr Piyapas! yay! :D getting nervous already but excited too!

Just doing some final reading around about complications and have a question for anyone who has had cc or knows much about it. Ive read people saying that its not the surgeons fault with this complication. So is it then the patients fault? is it simply caused by them not massaging enough or incorrectly? or is it more complicated than that?

Basically is correct massage a complete prevention?... or just to try aviod it?

Thanks in advance :)

Hannah

To be honest Hannah, I haven't come across a definitive answer to your question. There are mixed views, the most common belief is that it is an immune type reaction causing the build up of scar tissue, which some people are more suseptable to, hence if you've had it once, you have a higher chance of having it again (although Brazilians have a lower rate to begin with) There is also evidence that massage can help reduce the chances of cc by keeping the scar tissue open and big enough to hold the implant, but some argue that it doesn't help (although most do think it does help and recommend it). There is also some belief that it can be a result of Dr, but not sure how/why. Best bet is to ask or find out what the Dr rate of cc is. It is very unlikely you will come across any surgeon who uses smooth or regular textured implants that hasn't had any cc in patients, but obviously if they have a particularly high rate, then one might be suspicous. In fact as a normal part of recovery and creation of the pocket, the body gets a mild form of cc (that is called grade 1 I think) which is actually just the creation of the scar tissue that becomes the lining of the pocket. If your body then starts making too much scar tissue, over time it can begin to tighten over the implant and this is what is diagnosed as cc. Probaby now as clear as mud!

cheers

chacha

Thanks Chacha you are very knowledgeable!!

I'm getting a bit worried now that surgery is less than a week away about how i cant just go see my surgeon afterwards if something isnt right. all i have is email.. but I know i can go see other surgeons here in Australia if something did go wrong but still a bit concerned about that part.

Im not really worried about the actual surgery because I really think that Dr Piyapas is excellent, im more concerned about complications afterwards.

How do you find out what rate of cc the dr has? i havent heard of many at all who have had many complications with dr piyapas. but then again im not sure that people who have would write it on this forum, which is where i have got pretty much all my info from. ive only read 1 person i think. you yourself had him as your surgeon too i see!

im definatly now leaning towards believing that its probably the individual persons body that causes cc. because of so many different reasons and views. like you said if the body makes too much scar tissue, that would depend on whos body it was and how it reacts. I think ill massage the heck out of them forever and I should be fine hahaha!

I need to just relax a bit i think haha :)

Yes it's definitely a tricky one, and you need to accept that there are risks, and possibly have a back up plan in Aus for possible complications later down the track. I just did research online for over 9 months, reading reviews and seeing results from my surgeon, and yes I've read of one comfirmed cc patient. I have to be honest, the most stressful part was recovery, was not being sure I was progressing properly post op after we had left Thailand! The forum was great and very helpful in getting to know what to expect post op and when things cropped up (like spitting stiches.....there were others out there that had been through it to chat to). So what I'm saying is, for me (who is a bit on the obsessive/stresser side LOL) it's not all plan sailing but it was soooo worth it :)

Good luck next week, I think Dr Piyapas does a great job.

cheers

chacha

Yes I'm being more careful with my pennies just in case I need a lot at once if something goes wrong. yeah i think recovery is the scary part, heres to hoping its all smooth sailing though! I think its worth it for sure so even with the possible complications I want to still go through with it for sure! will be worth it once ive recovered :)

Ill definatly be on here searching for advise if anything seems a bit off as well. this forum is amazing!!

Thanks for all your help you've answered so many of my questions :)

Thanks Im sure it will all go well. Ill be back on here to post a story im sure!

Hannah