Sign in to follow this  
Link01

Post op crop top

Hi ladies, what would you recommend as a good supportive COMFORTABLE crop top for first few weeks after surgery? My Dr is not happy with an Ahh Bra and I just feel my sports crops are not supportive enough perhaps? Any ideas from experience please?

I pretty much lived in a post surgery bra and a Triumph sports bra for the first couple of weeks. There were only a few days where the post op bra I was given by the doctor was too tight and a friend had leant me her post op bra and the Triumph in a larger band size. I then moved to the Lorna Jane sports crops and a crop bra recommended at a lingerie shop. My nurse at Dr H's surgery advised that the LJ sports crops were excellent. I actually really liked the post op bras. Found they were very comfy. The zip front meant I could adjust the tightness when needed too.

Thanks girls.. I love the post op bra too, just a little too tight to stay comfy for long ATM.. And my crop tops just don't feel like they hold the new girls well enough.. Think I may have to brave the shops pretty soon and find something better.. Will check them out, thanks girls.. :)

Nice post! My post op bra is so tight - I hav no idea wht other size to get??

I was size 10, then advised by the nurse to get a size up from that... But even tat looks too small!

I just dont want to upset the healing proces.

Hope you find what ur looking forx

Kylz, I wore the Pammy and they may still have their special going where you get 2 at a reduced price. The Pammy's great as you can also step into it and pull it up. This is important as they are so supportive, it will be difficult getting it over your head with the fairly limited flexibility you have post-op. In fact, I'm still doing this occasionally. I was an XS pre op and went the Small post op. I wear them with the pads removed as I wasn't running in it. I put them back in for running as the pads add extra support (that's what they're there for, not for extra size). In the first couple of weeks I felt the coverage over the top and side of the breast was a bit skimpy but no-one sees and as swelling went down and my boobs moved more to the front, this got better. You can also clip the straps together at the back racer-back style for extra support.