Sign in to follow this  

HELP....Had my consult with Dr Tim Brown

Well if I was confused before I'm totally bamboozled now!

Tim was wonderful and very very informative. He again confirmed that I have tuberous breasts and that they will never be perfect but I should be able to achieve a much fuller look. He is not keen on doing a lift or moving my nipples at all on the first surgery and thinks I have an 80% chance of not requiring one at all.

Tim said that due to the large spacing between my breasts that I should get a very large implant of 700cc to create the fullness in my upper pole. He said with my frame and breast diameter of 16+ that I would be able to accommodate this size without any problems.

We then went on to discuss his preference of giving me overs rather then unders. I told him specifically that this was my only concern when I booked my consultation with him as he is renowned for only doing his breast patients this way. Tim said that all the fluff about going under the muscle has mostly generated from surgeons in the USA using most saline implants and having issues with rippling if not placed under the muscle.

I asked Tim if there is more chance of sagging in which he replied both unders and overs have equal sagging issues over time.

Tim did say that he often does unders if they are required such as smaller women with little or know breast tissue, he quoted around 10%.

My husband came with me to this consult and thinks he is totally wonderful and that I shouldn't look anywhere else!!!!

I would love some honest opinions.

I has my first consult with Tim he told me he likes doing the sub facial placement which is under a layer of fat but above the muscle.

Tim seemed very knowledgable with strong beliefs but for me he told me to get 600cc + which I was not comfortable also tried telling me furry Brazilian implants should be taken off market and should never be used.

The man himself I was happy and comfortable with but he wasn't trying to work with me to achieve my goals more just what he believed would look good.

Always see a second opinion so you know all your options.

Good luck

Hey Nicnac,

Great to hear you had a successful consult with Tim! Holy moly - 700cc!!

How do you feel after the consult? Ae you 100% happy & confident? if so, then maybe don't bother paying for more consults with other surgeons if you are sure Tim if the right surgeon for you. If you have doubt, then I would still get another opinion.

I would be interested to see what Mark says (biased as I am using him). Depends if you can wait another few weeks to see him or not?!

Is Dr Ashton your last consult?

:)

Sam thanks for the info....I have just read through all your previous posts in the lead up to your surgery and it was really interesting. In hindsight I don't think Tim did ask me enough about what it is that I am trying to achieve. I will still go ahead with at least 1 or 2 more consults.

Sezzy....not long till your big day:)

I will definitely still get a consult from Mark and I'm almost wishing I had of gotten one from Hamish too. I might ring tomorrow and see what the waiting times are. I am not planning surgery until May so I still have heaps of time.

i'm glad you've finally seen a surgeon who has given you more positive solutions to your tuberous breasts! guess that's the difference between a cosmetic and plastic surgeon... cosmetic are basic surgeons who don't deal with lifts/tuberous/etc....

your brain is probably full of information after today! did you get to try on the 700cc to see what it looked like?

Hey nicnac, your consult did sound a lot like mine.

He told me my BWD was 16 so I would I should be bigger implants and that for a lift I should just get XHP and that should work.

However hamish told me my BWD was 15 and I could use any implant I want .recomended tear drop to push my nipple up a bit more which would give a lift.

Hamish had 2 options for me in my surgery 360cc and 410cc. He tried both and said 360cc was more proportionate for me.

So I can't even imagine what 600cc or 700cc would have looked like.

But at the end of the day you need to be happy and comfortable.

Kylz, Tim didn't have the larger implant there for me to try on so I am heading out to his other office next monday to give it a crack.

Sam, I too am confused by this huge size? Surely it must just be much wider with less projection to give more coverage of this enormous gap between my boobs. I will clear this up when I go in next week.

I got to try on 650cc and I felt like dolly Parton. Tim has a lot of pics the nurse showed me all pics of other ladies with the bigger implants to help you visualize.

Ask to see them if you didn't get to already.

Sam I sure will. He also said he will show me the photos of the other ladies that have tuberous breast. The good news is that I might get to save some big $$$$ due to my deformed boobies.....had to be something good about it:)

Sam, just letting you know I know have an appointment booked with Hamish at the end of Feb too. That will make a total of 4 consults so I should be totally informed (and confused) by the end of them.

That's great,

Hopefully you will like him just as much as I did.

He is honest and really helps you to try achieve your goals.

Hamish doesn't promote any particular implant just finds the one that will best suit you.

He did ask I take in a picture of the type of look I'm after so he has an idea of what your thinking.

Good luck keep us updated.

Hi.

I was looking around and have settled on the cosmetic institute

in Parramatta with Dr.Eddy Dona. Quoted 12500 due to tuberous

breasts. Has anyone heard of him or had surgery from him? With

the tuberous breasts I was told I qaulified for a medicare rebate

due to it being a 'deformity'. Surgery booked in for end of March!!

Hey Nicnac,

what did you end up deciding? I sent you a FR..I have tuberous breasts too and have just discovered the Dr prefers overs....not feeling sure about it at all.

hey lovely, you can send her a PM and im sure she will tell you but she decided to go with Mark Ashton

Hi over's seem to get a bad opinion from people, i have overs, when i went to see my Dr for my first pre-op, i thought i would get unders because thats what my Dr does on most of his patients, but he explained to me that i needed overs, i figure that if he mainly does unders but in my case i needed overs, to get the best results for me. Doc also said that all breasts, over time due to gravity and ageing, can sag, so always wear a good supportive bra. I think its a good idea to take a pic of what you think your ideal breasts would be for you, a good Dr should be able to look at that, and taking into consideration your stats suggest a cc amount to get you close to that look. Good luck with your consults.

:D Hi there. I have had my breasts done by Mr Brown recently and I am more than happy with everything! I had seen two other surgeons and even though i thought it was a hike to Berwick, after seeing my girlfriends+ results with Mr Brown, thought I would give it one last try. He was lovely and still is. He explained to me at length not only the procedure, but his stats and what can go wrong and how he would handle it. My girlfriend came with me and I had no doubt in my mind I was staying with him and his clinic.

I just had my 6 weeks check up and they are all so lovely. I love my new additions and I must say felt very cared for and protected. My girlfriend only had 375..ml in ...she had a choice of 3...and so did I. I am taller and broader and had a bit of sagging skin, so I had bigger implants and high profile. The nurse was very clear in explaining that we are all different and the measurements and skin and tissue is what makes Tim decide what is right for you. I also had a choice of 3. I know I am not an expert, but they seem to know their stuff and you will feel very comfortable and looked after..I can assure you. I even had to call Tracey his nurse one saturday afternoon and there was no problems. She just gave me pain and garment advice. I felt good being able to talk to her. Just from my experience I was very happy with Mr Brown. Good luck and ask me anyhthing you like...

I has my first consult with Tim he told me he likes doing the sub facial placement which is under a layer of fat but above the muscle.

Tim seemed very knowledgable with strong beliefs but for me he told me to get 600cc + which I was not comfortable also tried telling me furry Brazilian implants should be taken off market and should never be used.

The man himself I was happy and comfortable with but he wasn't trying to work with me to achieve my goals more just what he believed would look good.

Always see a second opinion so you know all your options.

Good luck

Hi Sam, just wondering why he thought the Brazilians should be taken off the market? Just curious... :)

Hi Sam, just wondering why he thought the Brazilians should be taken off the market? Just curious... :)

I havent heard of them...my implants were 550 extra profile. I dont look big. matches my body. I think it is individual. Depends on your own size and breast measurements