Invisalign braces: Need opinions!

Hey

I have already had traditional braces for about 3 years as I was having raised teeth and gaps. I got them removed 1 year before. Since then I have noticed the formation of gaps between some teeth even though I have always worn my retainers. It looks bad. It is visible enough and food always gets stuck between the gaps. I want to solve this problem. I'm thinking about getting invisalign as I saw some positive opinions about it online. Can anyone guide me to your experience of using Invisalign braces? Did it work really? Is it affordable and convenient? Please share your answers.

Thanks!

Hi Ritawaythe,

I had invisalign and it was one of the best things I ever did. My teeth were already pretty great, but I had some minor aesthetic issues I wanted to address. 

As part of the Invisalign process you are required to have a mouth x ray and 3D imaging of your teeth. From this we were able to address some issues that I didn't even know existed.

I paid extra money for AcceleDent which was about $1500 for a device you use every day. It means you are allowed to change your retainers every week rather than every fortnight. For me this was the biggest waste of money. For starters, my device broke halfway through my treatment and needed to be replaced. My treatment plan was for 18 months but with the device it was supposed to be over in 9 months.
It wasn't.

I ended up with Invisalign for 18 months and then I still required bottom braces to properly straighten one bottom tooth that was not responding well to Invisalign. As they were only bottom braces and were clear, it was actually fine and I was able to get a much more effective treatment this way. I found the braces to be far easier than the invisalign actually. I have to acknowledge though, that it might have been a different story if I had braces on the top too. Im sure it would have been more inconvenient as well as unsightly.
All in all, the braces were far quicker and effective than the invisalign although I would still recommend the Invisalign in a heart beat.

I had mine done at Smile Solution in Melbourne and was happy with their service. I was not charged extra for the braces and all up my treatment was $8,0000.

It was honestly the best money I have ever spent on my appearance and one I think has made the biggest difference to how I look.

Following my invisalign treatment I then went ahead and got 12 veneers on my top teeth. This was something I had always wanted to do but wanted to do it properly. By straightening my teeth and establishing the best bite, i was able to then get the most optimal result from my veneers.
one of the aesthetic things I did not like about my smile was my cant. A cant is basically when your jaw slants slightly to one side. This meant I showed more gum on one side.

With veneers, I was able to have my gum lasered on one side to make my gum line appear straight. The veneers were also made and fitted so that my toothline also appeared straight. It might be hard to explain so i will add some pictures to show what I mean.

My veneers were by Dr Dee in Melbourne from Vogue Dental Studios and I honestly could not fault a single thing. He is truly a perfectionist and did not stop making adjustments to the veneers until both he and I were happy.

Pre invisalign

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 7.19.14 pm.png 

Pre Invisalign 

IMG_2106.jpg

Post Invisalign (pre veneers)

IMG_2548D4D72D21-1.jpeg

Post Invisalign/braces (Pre veneers)-  you can see the cant (slope) of the teeth

IMG_5309.JPG

Post Veneers (gum laser)

IMG_9E5D15F993A3-1.jpegIMG_C18FBC7496D3-1.jpeg