Sign in to follow this  
MissNewBoobies

Pain, can't sleep, breathings difficult, too tight!? :((

Hi everyone - morning after surgery (3.20am) woke up in pain and have been in quite a lot or pain. Since I had them done its been a little painful to take deep breaths - so I have been breathing slowly but when I do need that extra breath it hurts obviously cause I'm stretching my chest out. H e you experienced this.?

Also not sure if its just epic swelling, but my chest is SO tight I'm wondering if I should buy a size 14 bra as I have already bought a size 12 but even that looks as though it would be a tight fit.

Thank you in advance girls - you're help is very much appreciated. Truly! Xxx

Good morning, I'm post op 9 days today and I'm still short of breath.. Normal I'm guessing since like you said everything needs to stretch.. My BEST advice for you is set that alarm and take your meds 4 hrly on the dot even if you think you don't need them.. My partner set his alarm and woke me for my tablets during the night.. I made the mistake a few times and only took 1 pain tablet coz the 'pain wasn't too bad' but within the 2 hrs the pain WAS worse so I would say take your full doses 4 hrly.. Those Valium are awesome for the tightness/muscle spasms, I made sure I had one with my morning meds because as you now have experienced - morning boob is a B**CH.. Rest up sweets! Xx

Morning ladies. I don't have my boobs yet but I have read heaps of posts where the ladies talk about difficulty breathing and extreme tightness so hang in there as I reckon it's normal.

Just curious....what meds are they giving you guys to take when you go home?

Hi MissNewBoobies :D Congrats on your new girls :D Yes, deep breathing hurts! Everything is so tight and this is normal... it gets better and better with time. I was so tight and shiny and hunched over to help with the tight discomfort and pain. The size 12 top will fit better in the next 1 to 2 weeks once the swelling goes {expect bloating ~ like 5 months pregnant look ~ and bruising all the way down to your waist}.

Link01 is right... keep those meds up! And, slow non jerky movements... happy healing

YUP :( I whinged so much on here about my bloating! lol Most of the girls who went through surgery at the same time as me only took 1 week!!! I took a FULL 2 weeks!! haha I even put pics up on my bloating to prove it lmao It is awfully uncomfortable... but it goes :) you can't be far now hun... hang in there... EVERY THING IS SOOOOOO WORTH IT :D xo

Geez I was hoping I'd be sent home with the really good stuff like endone or oxycontin which they gave me after my c-section:)

If you can get your hands on that stuff you'll be feeling pretty good sista!!!

Haha nic, remember we are Dr Harwoods girls, you may get some of those with your dr.. I've read on here a few girls did go he with endone, guess depends on the Dr.. I was hoping for endone actually, I've heard it's fantastic for pain.. I found the digesic worked quickly and the mersyndol was quite good at relaxing things too..

Hi Missnewboobies,

Congrats on your girls!!! I was the same as you and found it hard to breath for the first 4-5 days but it does go away. I also found it was worse when I wore a tighter bra so had to go out and buy some larger ones. I'm normally a size 8 in sports bras but was wear both size 12 & 14 but am now comfortably back in the 8's at nearly 4 weeks.

I also 100% agree with Link01 to set your alarm to take your tabs. I did this for the full 5 days they were prescribed and felt very little pain (other than the tightness of the bra and breathing).

As everyone says, it does get better every day.

Good luck with your recovery. Xx

Hi Missnewboobies. Yay for getting over the first and hardest night! I woke feeling exactly as you did. When I spoke to the nurses through the second day they advised that I take the sleeping pills, Valium and mersyndol before bed to help me get through. Which it certainly did. I only felt I needed to do this second night.

Link01 my bloating only started day 8! Gosh it made me feel so fat and yuk! I think it took around 10 days to completely go. :)

Geez I was hoping I'd be sent home with the really good stuff like endone or oxycontin If you can get your hands on that stuff you'll be feeling pretty good sista!!!

I had endone AND tramadol - both hardcore and I would ask for them again......

Re Bloating, I went from 63 kilos the day of surgery to 69 kilos 24 hours later, sooo bloated all over, but it passes off course - drinks tons of water !!!

eeek yous are freaking me out. 1 i hate the feeling of being short of breath.. worst feeling. and 2 wtf is with the bloat? that doesnt sound nice.

I hope you start feeling better soon anyways. that way you can get some rest.

Also damm they drug you up after lol. Valium and crap. I reckon id feel like a junky on all those pills.

Hahaha . I feel more like a pharmacy.... So many meds.

Bloating has started from me on day 1 - I'm a little bit gassy.... Lol? The breathing is okay it will get easier so I've been told and deep breaths on my day 2 are becoming easier.. Don't freak out :) I'm just a real big sook!!

Margaret the nurse just called and advised me that tightness of chest is not great and especially shortness of breath. She recommended undoing the zip on my bra and that did help with the breathing. Also ladies I cannot express the amount of love I have for aircon - it has helped so much! So if you have it - USE IT TO ITS FULL CAPACITY'!!!