Dr Piyapas or Dr Poomee????

Hi everyone Im a newbie to this site and having a BA this year. I have researched many surgeons and have narrowed it down to two whom both seem to have amazing reviews, however I havn't been able to find any before and after pictures of either one's work. Does anyone have any personal experiences with either of these doctors and how did you decide? Thanks, Keelz :) xox

• 3 weeks later...

I also had same 2 surgeons in my final list. In the end went with Dr Piyapas for a few reasons, one being that I went with family, and Phuket was definitely going to better for my younger children, and also in my contact with Dr Poomee, he felt he wasn't confident of making me competely happy with a straight BA, as I had a few issues with asymmetry (in breast tissue, chest wall and nipple position!) So this made my decision much easier. I did however have a consult with Dr Poomee when we visited Bangkok for rhinoplasty, and he really is such a lovely Dr, and gave me some really sound advice and a comprehensive consult, so if I do go back, I'd consider him for rhino. Bumrangrad looked nice, though I did feel Bangkok hospital Phuket looked a bit smarter.... I can also say that the staff and the running of Bangkok Hospital Phuket were brilliant but I've heard Bumrangrad is terrific too!

In the end Dr Piyapas gave me left 375mod+ and right 425HP (lowered crease), and they look great, very even and near as symmetrical as one could ever hope for! He seems to be good at dealing with asymmetry issues, though I did emphasize that this was my priority. Also had my lower eyes done....and they are amazing....not scar in sight and perfectly even.

Best of luck choosing, HTH

chacha

I am currently in Hospital after just having surgery with Dr Piyapas, he is really nice and made me feel really comfortable. I chose him cause I hadn't heard one bad thing about him! I haven't even cried or anything like I thought I would cause he made me feel so comfortable, and he held my hand while I fell asleep :)

I considered both these surgeons and in the end chose Dr Poomee as I've heard he is 'the best' and I hadn't heard a single bad thing about him, but I had read one not ideal story about Dr Piyapas. Also Dr Piyapas wouldn't do a lift on me without implants and I at least want that as an option. I don't think you can go too wrong with either.

It is true, there is one girl on here who was a Dr Piyapas patient who has deveoped capsular contracture, and there also is another lady from back late 2011 who saw Dr Poomee who has developed cc some months later too. The debate as to the cause of cc is on going, but from my research it is most likely to be from your own immune system. It can happen early on or years down the track. Definitely research your surgeon, but it is also important to know and understand the risks involved in BA surgery. Many girls sail through it and all is well, but a percentage will develop complications. Just be sure you are fully aware of the risks, particularly when travelling abroad. Don't get me wrong, I had a terrific time and am thrilled, but you have to accept risks and the lack of after care once you are home.

chacha :)

I got 275 in the left and 300 in the right cause thats the biggest I could fit and I am more than happy! I have boobs for the first time ever haha. They're a bit pointy from the side and look like torpedoes from the top, but Im sure they'll be fine when they settle :) He had to lower my crease 1cm on the right and .5cm on the left so it might take a bit longer for them to fill out down the bottom. My post op bra fits perfect and its a 10 C so I think Ill be a C or D which is what I wanted :) I think its a good size for my body cause Im not very big.

I haven't been in too much pain or anything, Dr Piyapas took out my drains about an hour ago and that hurt a bit but other than that I'm completely happy!

Dear All: I went to a consultation with Dr. Poomee and I just felt I didn't click, so I ended up going to a doctor at home and I thank God I did and I will tell you why. I loved Bumrungrad, the idea of going to Thailand at a cheaper rate with a quality surgeon like Dr. Poomee is a great idea. These assistance companies are a great business in Thailand, so it is too bad to read the horror stories about these companies on this blogsite. But where you get shafted is in the aftercare which is VERY important. I had a breast lift after removing PIP implants from me and a lower facelift on the 11th of November. I am still visiting my plastic surgeon for aftercare. The period directly after the surgery is paramount on your results and no one will discuss this with you in Thailand, its all rush rush rush. They never do a breast operation without a lift and this doctor told me that he would cut in front of my ear, and do a neck lift. I didn't need a neck lift and to cut in front of my ears is old-fashioned. I have delicate scars in my scalp and above and below my ears that does not show because I had a MAC lift. I have seen pictures of a forehead lift by Dr. Terrasit where he cut across her forehead, who does a forehead lift like that? Many of these doctors are in their retirement years, some like Dr. Poomee practiced in the States, but there is a degree of risk when you speak about aftercare that is not discussed on this blogsite. You can loose your breasts if your nipple turns black after they move it which was part of my surgery and this has to be monitored by the doctor after the surgery for the next few weeks. If you hop on a plane back to Oz, who will provide you aftercare? It is the luck of the Irish that you heal appropriately. Not to scare you, but I didn't realize how much aftercare I would need after my surgery and I am still in aftercare in February. I still have stitches around my nipples which the doctor is monitoring and I go back to his office in a few weeks to hopefully get them removed. The rate of infection after surgery is strong, so you need to have the correct aftercare. Best of luck to you.

I emailed Dr Poomee about a half dozen times and he replied within a day to each email. The problem is that I want a face lift and nose job and he won't do both on the same day. Also he is double what most surgeons are. When you are having a lot done (facelift nose job, eyes, forehead,,it adds up quick)

Hi Melanie, the most commonly used implants in Thailand are mentor. Bangkok Hospital's website does say they also use Allergan (both very reputable and of high quality, used thoughout Australia). I have mentor smooth, but others have textured.....depends on the surgeon (and your preference) as to what coating you get. Piac was doing Brazilians, but are phasing them out for the time being. Bangkok Hospital will also do Brazilians, though they have to be ordered in especially, and they cost more too. I was pleased to recieve my mentor card with the serial numbers of my implants, and know 100% that they are quality implants.

cheers

chacha