Sign in to follow this  
Septboobs

What was or is your biggest fear about BA?

Dont freak out Amber. Yes complications do arise but they rarely ever (well Ive never heard of one) end in death.

Anything that requires you to go under anasthetic carries certain risks. But your surgeon and his/her team will be very very experienced in what they are doing so you have nothing to worry about.

Have you been put under before?

Really its totally fine and to be honest I almost enjoy it :). The feeling of waking up all warm and safe.. lol definately nothing to be scared of :)

I have had one of the biggest complications possible resulting in both my impants being explanted. And I am very much alive and not scared by the experience at all.. You will be fine!

Honestly girlies - none of this crossed my mind as the chances are so so so remote.

The worst things ive been scared about are capsular contracture, and frankenboob. Certainly not death (especially if you have a reputable doctor).

The pain is a dull pain unless its morning boob, its less painful than cutting yourself on a piece of glass.. Feels like someoes pushing hard on your chest.

I highly doubt you will die! :) Positive thoughts and were all supporting you

I've been under general once before to have my wisdom teeth plus 4 more out at once! Very surreal going under and waking up as if nothing has happened. When I woke up I was asking for my boyfriend and coz I had wadding to stop the bleeding they couldn't understand me, so I was pointing to my ring finger!! They eventually knew who I meant and said he was just outside!

I lied - come to think about it my most frightening thought was waking up during surgery

Dr Harwood said even if I did, I would be completely numb and they would notice and they would just put more stuff in my drip to knock me out. Thats the only thing I was afraid of.

lol i have been under 6 times so far and been fine. so im not worried about the GA is more other complications.

Lexie- Why did you need your implants taken out? What was the complication? I hope everything goes well. should things go fine for you when you get your next BA? sorry to hear about your complications.

missnewboobies- when i went in for and op i was so worried about that.. I told them to make sure they drug me up hard because i dont want to wake up half way through it. lol i think the doctor thought i was crazy.

I wouldnt want my inplants taken out but at the same time I dont think my boobs could get any worse then what they are.. Ive gone from a C, DD, B, DD,B, DD, B, DD,B i think they are use to it now anyways...

I just need to keep telling myself the chances are so remote because it really freaks me out! When I hear a bad story I think oh **** do I really want to do it is it worth it?

But I do really want to do it I'm just scared!!

I don't have any HUGE fears, just lots of little ones that often float in and out of my head. I'm a little nervous about going totally under as I have a really weird fear of vomiting and I'm always hearing about how people get sick when they first wake up.

I'm also still extremely nervous that I'm going to be really disappointed with the result. I'm also worried about what size to go with. I'm also very jealous of all the younger girls getting their new boobies and just being able to go home and relax guilt free with no concerns of small children, running a household and a cranky (maybe even resentful) husband because I will become a self inflicted invalid.

Wow....I never realised how neurotic I actually am:)

lol im only 23 hey.. but i understand I'm going to have my mother come help me for 2 weeks.. but thats why i have the fear of death because of my kids id hate to leave them.. but it will be hard trying to look after them and help clean up when your trying to recover.

I honestly won't entertain those thoughts. People ask me if I'm scared and I say I don't think about it, and I really don't.

I may be ignorant but I refuse to read anything bad about the surgery. I know stuff can happen and I'll deal with it if it does, but I have no control over it, so no point in dwelling on it. I will stay hyped up and positive until I go under (or at least pretend I am!!) lol.

Nicnac you completely took the words out of my mouth, everything you said is exactly how I feel & the same thoughts that run through my mind, I can be neurotic with you, lol!

And Lexie I adore your positivity after all you have been through, you are one very strong women! :)

I have little fears about cc, rotation etc but more because of the cost of getting repairs... I am more worried about saying something silly or telling people things they shouldn't know about me after anaesthetic and I get anxiety and it makes me short of breath which makes me more anxious and I worry about feeling restricted in breathing and having a panic attack

My main fear is an infection or something meaning id have to go back to thailand.. The fear of little / limited / or no aftercare.

But i believe that you shouldnt concern yourself too much with the risks- there are risks in everyday life and activities and as we do need to be aware of them- to dwell on them is just going to cause unneccessary stress. Trust that you will be fine, thousands of people have this surgery every year and next to none have serious complications, yes some do and end up having them explanted but if that happens, well you tried and failed- try again!! Its not the end of the world :) relax!!!!

Mrs B, make sure you tell your doc that you suffer with anxiety and I reckon he'll give you some valium or something like it and that'll help you get through the whole thing.

Yeah I think I will. other than dabbling pre kids ;) and gas while in labour, I've never taken anything stronger than a panadol so all this Valium/endone etc will have me laid up I think haha

I've had lots of anaesthetic over the years, and to be honest, I looooove it! You wake up feeling like you've had a good nights sleep, just in time to deal with the aches and pains afterwards. :o I have no concerns about the surgery. My only worry is that if something goes wrong and I have to fix it in Aus, how the hell will I pay for it!

The first time I had anaesthetic I was nauseous when I woke up....... But that was a long time ago, and they've improved so much. I get nauseous from pethadine so will avoid that.

Endone and morphine WILL make you constipated so you have to be prepared with laxative. Morphine will often make you itchy and both are highly addictive, so don't take them for too long unless you need them. Codeine is also addictive and can cause constipation.

You just have to go with it. It's some pain or discomfort for a great cause. Anaesthetic is awesome!!! LOL,

I'm not afraid of the surgery itself, or the pain really, I had bone grafting surgery and 2 c-sections and I deal with pain quite well.

My biggest fear is of infection or complications when I get home, if the surgeon somehow completely mangles me, going to big or going to small or completely hating the results!!

I'm also a bit anxious about leaving my 2 children here (in the safe hands of my mum and mother-in-law) for almost 2 weeks! It makes me feel like a terrible mother - heading off overseas without my babies just to get new boobs!

I keep telling myself that thousands of women do this every year .... I will be FINE :)

I just want July to be here and it all be over!

I'm not afraid of the surgery itself, or the pain really, I had bone grafting surgery and 2 c-sections and I deal with pain quite well.

My biggest fear is of infection or complications when I get home, if the surgeon somehow completely mangles me, going to big or going to small or completely hating the results!!

I'm also a bit anxious about leaving my 2 children here (in the safe hands of my mum and mother-in-law) for almost 2 weeks! It makes me feel like a terrible mother - heading off overseas without my babies just to get new boobs!

I keep telling myself that thousands of women do this every year .... I will be FINE :)

I just want July to be here and it all be over!

Don't feel bad starbright! My hubby and I finally recognised after many years of marriage, that we'd forgotten that before we were parents, we were individuals and then partners. You have to look after yourself and your relationship, for the sake of you relationship with the kidlets. If you are down on yourself, or not getting alone with partner, then the kids are the ones who suffer; grumpy, snappy parents would suck! Taking some time out for yourself is healthy and necessary. Grandmas will enjoy spoiling them rotten, and they'll love being spoiled. Do Skype while you're away so you will see each other.

We should do parent time out more often. We've made a point of doing it once a year now, even if just for a couple of nights!

My fears are the same as most ladies here, the risk of cc and any complications after I get back to Australia (I'm booked for Phuket in April) if they need to be taken out here how will I afford it etc. But hopefully it's something that I won't need to worry about. Also feeling like a bad mum for leaving me 3yo while I go over there :/

I started off with heaps of concerns! Mainly anesthetic related! I was worried that I am a smoker, whether or not I could spray tan, whether my scars wouldn't heal due to smoking, choking under anesthetic, bad reaction to anesthetic, being awake but not able to move whist under lol u name it! Wasn't really concerned about the surgery itself just going under! Have had a light GA before and everything was fine. I also was worried what if my aereola stretches (i like my little nipples!), what if they look really wide spaced and completely round yada yada but after seeing my Surgeon the worries have completely gone!

They have never had a patient die from the procedure or any of their procedures ever, smoker or not! I asked so many questions and have been reassured :) I can now relax and get excited!

It is normal to have worries, especially as it is an elective surgery so you sort of think well all this could be avoided if I didn't go through with it, but to be honest I want it more than anything and the risks are sooo minimal, u are more likely to die on the way to surgery! Also if something DID happen to go wrong, u are in the perfect place to be treated!!!

xxx

I too suffer with anxiety and it was really hard the morning of my Ba because I had to wait until 1 for surgery.. My fears were the morning wait, and waking from anaesthetic.. Waking up from the twilight was a pleasant experience and my anxiety was gone the moment I saw and spoke to Dr Harwood that day.. He is such a warm, caring and professional Dr, I am so thankful I chose him..