Who did you tell about your BA?

A this stage I've only told a very select few close friends about my BA planned for July - only the ones that I know will be supportive. And of course my hubby knows as he's coming with me :)

Our parents will be looking after the kids and I haven't even told them - they just think we're going on a holiday! Plus my mother would die of stress if I told her!

I really don't want to deal with the haters and everybody's negative "don't go overseas for surgery" and "you're fine just the way you are" comments.

So I'm undecided - do I tell people just before we go or do I just come back with new boobs and wait to see who notices lol

Obviously hubby knows,a few of our friends know I'm getting it done this year,and one of my sisters knows that I want it done,but that's it. I'm not really going to give out too much info,I don't see it as being anyone's business. Someone always has an opinion ...whether you should have a BA or not,if you should go OS or not,what size they think you should go...can't be bothered with all of that.

I wouldn't say anything,just let people notice!. When I was thinking about the OS avenue,as soon as I mentioned it to friends,they started carrying on about the risks blah blah.

I don't care who knows about mine. If someone asks, I'll tell them. Most of my friends know, my parents know (my brother doesn't, or hasn't said anything if he does)... I didn't do it for anyone but myself, I'm just lucky that my boyfriend was supportive (and helped me pay for it so I could afford to do it here in Melbourne). I'm incredibly proud of my new assets and I know they look fantastic so who cares what anyone else thinks!! :D

Negative reactions are usually based on lack of knowledge or jealousy and a lot of people like to voice their opinions about overseas surgery (thanks to the wonderful reporting from A Current Affair/Today Tonight) but if you go into any surgery well-informed, with realistic expectations and a good understanding of the risks involved, then who cares where you get it done.

This forum is an excellent source of info for surgery here and overseas - I was on here several times a day in the months before my surgery!

Ive told my parents- father NOT impressed: "im sure you have lovely boobs darling"

Eeeew. Just dont dad ! I told him not to tell anyone and he called my brother immediately after getting off the phone to me saying

"call your sister and talk her out of getting her boobs done in thailand!"

Which to this day he has not put in any opinion on the matter, thanks bro! :D

I told a few friends some werent as supportive as i thought they would be, and did get alot of the "not thailand!!" comments. But as long as youve done your research and chosen a reputable surgoen then go with your gut.

My surgeon had studied and worked in america, i bet if i had of said i was going to america instead of thailand their opinion would have been different- thanks alot ACA :/

I think its a very personal decision who you chose to tell, and if you do get a lecture tell them if they arent supporting your decision then you wont discuss it with them any further. End of discussion. :)

Hi Starbright,

EVERYONE now knows about mine. In the beginning when I had first booked surgery in only my sister, best friend and boyfriend knew. Over time I told a couple of extra friends and then at my work xmas party I told my whole office haha I thought because everyone was a bit tipsy and jolly etc it was perfect timing...and it was - everyone was great, really inquisitive and excited for me. My thinking was I would rather it be awkward before I have them than it to be on the morning I walk into work and I miraculously now have huge knockers haha

It's a personal choice so tell who you feel should know or who would be understanding and great to talk to about it. :)

Kara-Lea

x

this is something i aint looking forward to.. ehh.. i can already hear the ear bashings i will get. I think ill just leave it to after and see who can guess ive had it done lol.. so far my partner, mother, bestfriend... and another friend only knows.. i havent told anyone really. none of the business anyways..

I tell anyone and everyone that I'm getting mine done, I don't have a problem with people knowing things like that...I live in a small town and we all know who has had theirs done or not anyway! Not one person has said anything negative to me and most women say they are jealous..... I haven't told my family yet and will probably only tell my mum and sister, they will be fine with it.

I actually have the opposite problem about overseas, everyone tells me I'm crazy doing it here and spending 13k when I could do it for 5k in thailand and they all have a friend who has done it over there and loved it blah blah blah and it makes me feel a bit selfish for spending that money on myself.

i have told quite a few people and i haven't even booked my surgery yet!!!

it's always been in the back of my mind that i wanted to get bigger boobs but never really looked into it until i saw the ad for breast.com.au on tv.... i thought "maybe it is the time for me"!!!!

i am yet to tell my dad, maybe next week after my consultation if i book in straight away i will tell him my plans!!

my mum and step-dad know and are all supportive! i thought my mum would try and talk me out of it, but i think she's a little jealous!

hubby and all his family have been really great too! i wear my rice bags around them and talk about it all the time!!!

i've told cousins and friends and everyone is happy with me to do it, they've known that this is what i want and will boost my confidence!

i have told everyone at work (only in an office of about 6-7 others) my plans so they know when i'll be having time off!

i haven't put it on facebook as i feel it's not the place to share with my 130 friends that this is what's going on in my life!

Amber if we get gossiped about i think we both do a fb post on the same day- yes we did it get the f over it and move onto the next big gossip victim already! With a close up pic of our racks lol get that up ya.

I for one know when i visit home EVERYONE will know coz ill be walking around flaunting them.. No bra... In swimmers. Topless sunbaking you name it!! Hahahaaaa gotta love small towns!

When I went for lipo in Thailand last year I only told my partner (He came with me) and a couple of close friends. I didn't tell my mum or family because I was worried they would think I was crazy having it done in Thailand due to all the bad publicity.

Now I have told my Mum all about my great experience and she was so impressed that this year we are both going to Thailand for plastic surgery. I'm Getting a Breast Lift and Augmentation and Mum is getting a Mummy Makeover! So now I am happy to share my experience with everyone!:D

lol georgia.. its more als family and dad im worried about.. Im a little worried about people looking at me down town though.. so small minded around here. I know with one of my friends thats a couple.. they where both like wtf?? you have a big rack. im thinking what??? im a b... how is that big. I cant even where a push up bra.. nothing to push up..

The fact Im wanting DD-E cup is going to make them stand out wither way though and yeh ill want to show a bit of boob.. so people will know for sure anyway.. but I dont think ill tell als (my partner) family to after the op. Ill listen to the lecture after..

Only my hubby and a few close friends know i am going to get mine done. I plan on telling no one else. Let them guess. I work in the medical field and hear comments about patients that have gone to get a 'Thailand Special'. There are a lot of people around me who i know are very against overseas surgery and i just don't want the hassle of them knowing and trying to talk me out of it. It is my decision, my body and really none of their business anyway. If people ask me if i have had it done and where afterwards, i will be happy to tell them.

Can't wait till March!!!

Can I just say the "omg you're fine the way you are " "waste of money" "babe you don't need it" COMMENTS ARE SO FRUSTRATING! Especially after you've practically booked and paid for it people still don't ge the idea.

But in all seriousness I told my closest friends like 2 or 3 girls, and my mum and my partner and his parents ( they supported it)

I have told one close friend from work - but not my boss or anything like that

The only person that knows I'm booked in for a boob job is my partner. Just like most of the other girls, I can't be bothered with the overstated concerns about getting them done overseas and all the other opinions. I think it will be very awkward coming back and telling my family, friends and work colleagues or just have them uuummming and aahhrring about my newly formed big fun bags on my chest! Either way telling everyone before or after they will all get over the topic and move on I'm sure!